NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this was his first kill because she fought back and he "accidentally" killed her by strangling her to subdue her.

Strangulation is never an accident. It can take 3 to 4 minutes to kill a victim by strangulation, and it can be mere seconds (10 to 15) to render them unconscious. Source

I wish they would release the video, at least to us on WS. I know some eyes here are super-sleuthy and can pick up clues.

wishful thinking.....
The detectives usually don't release evidence videos to the public (WS members are first and foremost members of the public). If they need help to identify a perp in a video then they'll show it, otherwise...not so much.

I tried to stay away tonight. This case is just so sad. Its been mentioned on every newscast I have seen today. The story. The family. The funeral.

Now that I know how fiercely KV fought, the brutality makes more sense. The perp was probably pissed beyond belief that a "woman" could put up such a fight.

As for her belongings being scattered, IMO, she and/or perp dropped her stuff as he was dragging her across the marsh.

I hope they find this . NOW.

The detectives usually don't release evidence videos to the public (WS members are first and foremost members of the public). If they need help to identify a perp in a video then they'll show it, otherwise...not so much.

Oh, I know WS is part of the public. I'm just expressing wishful thinking (and remembering the night Hannah Graham's video was released). :)

I can recall a few cases where video was released, and in fact it was on national TV I think video which shows the victim in a certain location is sometimes released to possibly jog the memory (ies) of people who might have witnessed the victim (or perp), but didn't realize what they were seeing ? jmo

Because this murder happened on federal land, the FBI is now involved. Plus whatever other federal agencies that can contribute. Doubt if there will be much of anything shared until there is an arrest, but jmo

Because this murder happened on federal land, the FBI is now involved. Plus whatever other federal agencies that can contribute. Doubt if there will be much of anything shared until there is an arrest, but jmo

I hope it's a quick arrest or at least they release some sort of info as people are nervous about this violent crime happening again.

jmo

I can recall a few cases where video was released, and in fact it was on national TV I think video which shows the victim in a certain location is sometimes released to possibly jog the memory (ies) of people who might have witnessed the victim (or perp), but didn't realize what they were seeing ? jmo
That's why I specifically qualified my remark with the words "don't usually." In this case there does not appear to be a video showing the perp that LE needs help identifying--at least not as of this moment. They've got his DNA, they'll find him sooner or later and hopefully sooner.

Reading the comments by posters under articles makes me angry and sad. So many rude and hateful comments.

Really sad.

After talking to my husband about Karina and Sierah J., he wants me to carry a gun even when walking my three pitbulls.

I don't want to be scared to live my life! :(

I hope this is caught soon.

That's why I specifically qualified my remark with the words "don't usually." In this case there does not appear to be a video showing the perp that LE needs help identifying--at least not as of this moment. They've got his DNA, they'll find him sooner or later and hopefully sooner.

They have his DNA????? Is this confirmed? Or is this an assumption?

ITA. Whenever I venture into comments, I run back here.

I thought I'd seen and read it all. And then this tragedy happened and opened up the floodgates. People are hating for a variety of reasons.
* This case gets attention because she was pretty
* This case gets attention because her father is FDNY
* This case gets attention because she is white
* This case gets attention because she wears alot of make up and has big lips (I swear I read that)

There are a few more that I can't even post.
What's wrong with this world?!

Not only stunningly beautiful on the outside, seems she was a beautiful soul as well. RIP Karina. I feel so bad for her dad.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member