GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, the only person to blame here is the monster who did this, but I will say: 8 is too young to navigate the streets of Brooklyn alone. Kids that age often have a very poor sense of direction, and bad judgement. They're still very small and impulsive. It's just. Too. Young.

My heart goes out to the parents. No one makes perfect parenting decisions all the time, but most of us are lucky enough that nothing happens. When my son was 18 months old, I was careless about locking the front door, until one day he got out. I was unaware of it until I heard a minivan honking at him -- in the middle of the street.

I think that bit in the confession about panicking when he saw all the press coverage is his way of transferring blame to society: "If you didn't get all upset over my desire to have a kid in my apartment, nothing would have happened!" Yeah, right.

I know that the parents said that they went over the route time and time again... however when I was 8/9 (even now, ask my friends... LOL) I was (am) so directionally challenged. If I don't make an "L" with my thumb and index finger or have my watch on, whomever I'm with will say "Not that left, your other left". I can imagine how scared he was .. thinking that the one day his parents trusted him to walk 2 blocks, he got it wrong and got lost.

Poor baby. Many many thoughts and prayers going out to the family during this time.

When will this ever end.. we mourn one child missing or dead and before we can turn around here is another one. I just want to know WHY.. how in the world can such evil exist..what kind of person do you have to be to dismember a body.

This is one of the most heartbreaking cases .. they all are acutally but to cut up a child is so very much upsetting.. I am sitting here crying as I imagne what this little boy must of went though.

I am in Florida and I was thankful for the entire country caring about Caylee Anthony.. I know those close to home on this in NY are probally even more horrified and saddened than those far away becasue it hits close to home. I want those close in the area to know this is not a local mourning.. we mourn all over this country.. we stand together in sadness when any harm comes to an innocent child.

The world makes me sick at times...Just why and how can this happen..

I call BS - and what scares me - how many more weirdos like him are walking around??? That child's poor family. That poor child. Makes me sick. I wonder if he has done this before.

Five will get you ten that this is not his first offense of this nature. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. I think that his "confession" is B.S, at least most of it. The only part I believe is that he killed him, which we already know. WHEN he killed him, WHY he killed him and WHAT happened before he killed him...I think he's full of it.

As an aside, I cannot imagine the guilt as a parent that the FIRST TIME you let your child do something they've been begging to do that you've been resisting letting them do out of fear, your worst fear happens?

While we were in the city this past weekend, it crossed my mind that your kids probably have to know a lot more about how to get around, how to navigate the city in general and how to stay safe than those of us who are raising kids in suburban areas. I wouldn't say that suburban areas are safer because we at WS know that's not really the case, but it seems like in the city, your kids need to be self-sufficient a lot sooner and while I think that 8 years old is pretty young, I can see how this could happen.

I'm a little late to the game and trying to catch up but where is the video people are talking about seeing Leiby in?? Is there a link somewhere? Is this video of when he was lost?

NY 1 reported that LA's defense attorney said his client hears voices.

Unfortunately, knew that was coming and not buying it.

NY 1

Defense says not guilty, but concerned about his well-being-suicide watch; prisoners banging on walls...
Undergoing psychiatric evaluation.
Def Atty interviewed briefly by NY1 reporter outside court: We have concern for his mental state.

Originally Posted by Cancan
This is all so sad and sickening.

I don't believe a 35-year-old man out of the blue does something like this. I wonder if he has had other victims. In particular, I'm thinking of Rashawn Brazell. Murder of Rashawn Brazell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Same type of murder and disposal, but if Aron is a pedophile, I would think Rashawn was to old for him, plus it seems that poor Leiby just crossed paths with Aron, Aron wasn't stalking him that we know of.

Article below give Aron timeline so to speak of previous years..

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/those-who-knew-levi-aron-shocked-he-might-have-killed-1.3023824

In investigating Tennessee Missing Children, there is no one presently missing that fits his victim type "child under 13" from 2006 onward. Have not checked unsolved child murders yet.

I'm a little late to the game and trying to catch up but where is the video people are talking about seeing Leiby in?? Is there a link somewhere? Is this video of when he was lost?

NY 1

Defense says not guilty, but concerned about his well-being-suicide watch; prisoners banging on walls...
Def Atty interviewed briefly by NY1 reporter outside court: We have concern for his mental state.

Well, there's the framework. Poor guy :( NOT!!!!!!

NY 1

Not guilty? He confessed!! :banghead:

Evidently, LA is able to distinguish between the good and evil messages of the "voices":

However, when pressed for further details, Aron would not discuss his panic or give any further reasoning to police.

"Usually in this business you see a lot of violence, but there's usually some sort of irrational, twisted logic that's given to why a violent event took place. Here, it defies all logic, and I think that's really what's so terribly disturbing about this case. There's absolutely no reason," said Kelly. "Nothing more innocent than an eight-year-old child."

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/142891/brooklyn-man-pleads-not-guilty-to-boy-s-brutal-murder

LA making a statement that "I understand this MAY be wrong..." means what?

How could a grown man say such a thing? It's a child's statement.

He's lived in the world long enough to know murder is wrong.

Didn't he go to Synagogue every day and pray?

NY 1 reported that LA's defense attorney said his client hears voices.

Unfortunately, knew that was coming and not buying it.

His ex-wife and place of employment will make great prosecution witnesses.

This man is not crazy, he's a monster.

Obviously, the only person to blame here is the monster who did this, but I will say: 8 is too young to navigate the streets of Brooklyn alone. Kids that age often have a very poor sense of direction, and bad judgement. They're still very small and impulsive. It's just. Too. Young.

My heart goes out to the parents. No one makes perfect parenting decisions all the time, but most of us are lucky enough that nothing happens. When my son was 18 months old, I was careless about locking the front door, until one day he got out. I was unaware of it until I heard a minivan honking at him -- in the middle of the street.

For the record, he would have been nine in about a week. And I don't think it's fair to criticize the parents (not that you were but I've seen it elsewhere), especially under the circumstances. All kids are different and all kids are ready for new things at different ages. Hindsight is always 20/20 anyway. My son was walking home from school at the age of eight but my daughter, who will be nine next week, still hasn't done it and we're nowhere close to allowing it.

Surely these parents will beat themselves up forever over the decision to let him walk alone that day. I certainly wouldn't want to have to hear that coming from other people too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K-Nine