Found Alive NY - M. H., 25, Cortland, 26 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My sister is Bi Polar and Manic. She isn't one to tell us she is feeling this way but she will hide for months at a time, and we just know. We try to keep in contact with her but it is hard. She doesn't come down from the paranoia for quite some time. Sometimes months honestly depending on how bad it is. I am hoping M. will come down from her mania soon and come home or at least call her family.

My sister is Bi Polar and Manic. She isn't one to tell us she is feeling this way but she will hide for months at a time, and we just know. We try to keep in contact with her but it is hard. She doesn't come down from the paranoia for quite some time. Sometimes months honestly depending on how bad it is. I am hoping M. will come down from her mania soon and come home or at least call her family.

Thank you for telling me this. There is honestly nothing that explains to me why she hasn't called someone for money. She would call me or her dad in a second if she needed it or she would be working somehwere. She has never left her kids, so truly, it makes no sense - how is she surviving? Why has there not been a sighting since 8/30? There were several sightings in Big Bear, who turned out to be other girls with pink or purple hair. The police followed up on those. If she's out there, I don't believe she is in Big Bear. There was a rumor she may have got on a bus to FL to help with hurricane clean-up with some company that pays room & board. Seems like that would require her to use her SS #, but who knows? Another rumor has been that JT has family in CA. Hiding in a house would work for this period of time. It just doesn't make sense and I guess, unless she shows up - I'll never know.

If you google "florida hurricane clean up jobs", a pretty little no list shows up. If anyone in FL is willing to hang fliers, that might be helpful.

I looked into hurricane jobs from California. It seems the main place's doing this were only taking specialized skills like medical professionals. The red Cross in San Diego had a more broad program but they require a background check so I assume a hit on her SSN would have showed up.

Does anyone recall the exact location the car was found in big bear? I know it was on a turnout on highway 38 in fawnskin but I thought there were some specific details about the location that I can't find now. Thanks.

I saw Victorville and all the hair stood up on the back of my neck. Victorville is tough, LOTS of drugs. I imagine it would be a good place to hide out or be hidden out.

My heart breaks for M. and those who know and love her. Not knowing, and not knowing what you don't know... I continue to be hopeful that she is safe somewhere and there will be a break soon. So nice that 607 is getting some good insight and support here. Can't hurt.

607, since M. dyes her hair and the guess is they have limited funds at best, what is her natural hair color that would grow in? And does she have a preferred color when she dyes it?

607, since M. dyes her hair and the guess is they have limited funds at best, what is her natural hair color that would grow in? And does she have a preferred color when she dyes it?

Good question. She might even try to buy or steal some cheap dye from a pharmacy or store. Has anyone spoke this those sorts of vendors and hung flyers in the area?

What if they went to find a way to get gas and then returned to the location of the car. Was there any sign or notification at that location letting them know the car was towed and where they can find it?

Her hair is naturally brown. And no, she changes it all the time. Sometimes she'll change it twice in the same week.

Good question. She might even try to buy or steal some cheap dye from a pharmacy or store. Has anyone spoke this those sorts of vendors and hung flyers in the area?

What if they went to find a way to get gas and then returned to the location of the car. Was there any sign or notification at that location letting them know the car was towed and where they can find it?

If they went to get gas, it took them from 8/30 to 9/12 to get it. There is an elderly man who owns a house right where the car was found. He said that the car had been there since 8/30. People from there have said that someone would have offered to help them and even bought them gas if they needed it. It's a small town and people are friendly. I suspect they were picked up by someone. Nothing else makes sense. If they were in Big Bear, they would've been found by now. Its not a place where you can just blend in. And even if they were camping there, they would need to come out to get food and the nights would be too cold for them to tolerate.

I looked into hurricane jobs from California. It seems the main place's doing this were only taking specialized skills like medical professionals. The red Cross in San Diego had a more broad program but they require a background check so I assume a hit on her SSN would have showed up.

Does anyone recall the exact location the car was found in big bear? I know it was on a turnout on highway 38 in fawnskin but I thought there were some specific details about the location that I can't find now. Thanks.

The car was found on 38 in Fawnskin. There are two turn arounds in that area. One with a boat dock. The car was at the other one. It's an area where people would park to walk their dog & sometimes people do camp in that area.

If they went to get gas, it took them from 8/30 to 9/12 to get it. There is an elderly man who owns a house right where the car was found. He said that the car had been there since 8/30. People from there have said that someone would have offered to help them and even bought them gas if they needed it. It's a small town and people are friendly. I suspect they were picked up by someone. Nothing else makes sense. If they were in Big Bear, they would've been found by now. Its not a place where you can just blend in. And even if they were camping there, they would need to come out to get food and the nights would be too cold for them to tolerate.

That's interesting info. So they were in Burbank on 8/30 at Walmart then drove to Big Bear, then most likely left the same day. I wonder why even go to Big Bear at all?

Even though the elderly man says the car was there on 8/30, how does he know for sure that they weren't around the car for a few days or so also? They could have been going back and forth and maybe even sleeping in the car. I'd like to hear more details about what the elderly man said if possible.

Even though the elderly man says the car was there on 8/30, how does he know for sure that they weren't around the car for a few days or so also? They could have been going back and forth and maybe even sleeping in the car. I'd like to hear more details about what the elderly man said if possible.

He doesn't know they weren't. He just knew how long the car was there. However, when the car was searched, there was only two receipts in it. There was nothing else in the car. One person in Jon's circle said that he had a ton of camping equipment that he took with him. This would be camping equipment suitable for summers in upstate NY. They may have met up with people in Big Bear. I think it's clear they planned on going there and perhaps he had been there before. Maybe he knew someone there. I don't know. At this point, if they were in Big Bear, they would have been verified by now. It's a small place. Even if she dyed her hair a different color. Also, how would they be surviving with no jobs or money? If someone picked them up, I suppose they could be living off of them. Who knows? None of it makes sense. Even if M. is running all over the country paranoid that people are out to get her - what is Jon doing? Why wouldn't he contact his family? Which is why it makes sense he is in contact with his family. If he is, why aren't they saying where he is? What is the big secret? It makes no sense. Did something happen in the woods? Are they even still together? There is nothing but questions and no verified sighting other than Burbank on 8/30.

He doesn't know they weren't. He just knew how long the car was there. However, when the car was searched, there was only two receipts in it. There was nothing else in the car. One person in Jon's circle said that he had a ton of camping equipment that he took with him. This would be camping equipment suitable for summers in upstate NY. They may have met up with people in Big Bear. I think it's clear they planned on going there and perhaps he had been there before. Maybe he knew someone there. I don't know. At this point, if they were in Big Bear, they would have been verified by now. It's a small place. Even if she dyed her hair a different color. Also, how would they be surviving with no jobs or money? If someone picked them up, I suppose they could be living off of them. Who knows? None of it makes sense. Even if M. is running all over the country paranoid that people are out to get her - what is Jon doing? Why wouldn't he contact his family? Which is why it makes sense he is in contact with his family. If he is, why aren't they saying where he is? What is the big secret? It makes no sense. Did something happen in the woods? Are they even still together? There is nothing but questions and no verified sighting other than Burbank on 8/30.
Is Elmira PD doing anything in terms of trying to find out where Jon is or are they in the same mode as Cortland PD? Oh and do you know if Jon was on probation and if so did he violate in leaving the county/state? I really hope that some agency is putting in some effort to at least get a location on them.

Is Elmira PD doing anything in terms of trying to find out where Jon is or are they in the same mode as Cortland PD? Oh and do you know if Jon was on probation and if so did he violate in leaving the county/state? I really hope that some agency is putting in some effort to at least get a location on them.

I doubt the Elmira PD was doing anything. They wouldn't even follow thru on the things that Cortland PD asked them to do. There have been two agencies that have really done anything. One was the State Police in Batavia. They are the ones that actually put the license plate in the system. Cortland PD tried to tell me they did that, no they didn't - I was on the phone with the trooper as he did it. Then the Big Bear Sheriffs Station in CA. I spoke to an officer there about three weeks ago and he told me that he has stopped every single girl he has seen with pink or purple hair looking for her and each time, it's not her. She is still listed as a missing person, but the Cortland PD isn't doing anything to find her. Someone thinks they may have seen her in the Seattle area and said that she looked paranoid. The problem is that if people don't call the police right when they see her, it's impossible to get departments to do much a day or two later. And there are a lot of people out there with pinkish hair. Her FB hasn't changed & his doesn't look any different. He has two accounts. The other one hasn't changed either.

Up you go.

Sending positive thoughts to you 607, I can't imagine how hard this is for you.

<respectfully snipped for relevance>
Someone thinks they may have seen her in the Seattle area and said that she looked paranoid. The problem is that if people don't call the police right when they see her, it's impossible to get departments to do much a day or two later. And there are a lot of people out there with pinkish hair.
607, here is a group who helps the homeless in Seattle. Maybe they have seen her, or maybe they might if they know to look for her.

https://www.facebook.com/HomelessInSeattle/

and another: https://www.facinghomelessness.org/

Been following this story for quite sometime. 607...any updates in the last week? Thoughts and prayers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomevertonfc
Back