Found Alive NY - M. H., 25, Cortland, 26 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't found a media report or a mention of the Sheriff's Office FB page yet. However, Jon Turner is in VINE Link for Nevada.

attachment.php

Attachments

• JTVine.png
    JTVine.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 350
Great news to hear she's alive and mom has talked to her.

*goosebumps* This Mom's instincts were right-on. I hope he is punished to the full extent of the law. Bless you and your family, @607 !

The Facebook group "Help Find M. H. B." shared a post from her mom that she's been found alive, but badly beaten. The guy she was missing with arrested.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1289575327814674&id=1245511875554353

"UPDATE: The Nye County Sheriff's Office just called me to tell me that M. made it to the hospital and update me on what is happening. The deputy was very nice. M. was found badly beaten in NV. I was able to speak with her overnight and she has been through a lot. Jon Turner has been arrested. According to the deputy, he is currently charged with seven felonies and there may be additional charges added over the next 24 hours.

The most important thing for me as her mother is that she has been found alive and we can bring her back home.

To everyone who supported us during this time, thank you. I appreciated the efforts that all of you made to help find her. To Cal Advocates for the Missing - I will never be able to thank you enough for all of your hard work, effort and support. The world is better because people like you are in it."

I haven't found a media report or a mention of the Sheriff's Office FB page yet. However, Jon Turner is in VINE Link for Nevada.

attachment.php

Can you see what he's been charged with?

Can you see what he's been charged with?
Also, to get the information from the District Court Clerk it is 50 cents per name and must be done in person or in writing. If in writing you have to include a self-addressed stamped envelope. There is no online search, nor is there an e-mail option to contact for information. So, basically, Nye County Nevada operates like it is the 1850s.

According to the detective Jon has been charged with assault, kidnapping, sexual assault, strangulation and weapon possession - all felonies. At 4:45am Eastern they had secured the search warrant they needed to search his belongings. They anticipate there will be additional charges. They have been processing the scene. M. is still at the hospital and waiting on lab, x-ray, MRI results. She has two advocates with her. Nye County Sheriff's Dept has been wonderful. He successfully isolated her from all friends & family and made it impossible for her to contact anyone. Although, he was in contact with his family as I suspected. More will be revealed at an appropriate time, but right now I don't want to compromise the investigation. She is alive and we can navigate everything else.

According to the detective Jon has been charged with assault, kidnapping, sexual assault, strangulation and weapon possession - all felonies. At 4:45am Eastern they had secured the search warrant they needed to search his belongings. They anticipate there will be additional charges. They have been processing the scene. M. is still at the hospital and waiting on lab, x-ray, MRI results. She has two advocates with her. Nye County Sheriff's Dept has been wonderful. He successfully isolated her from all friends & family and made it impossible for her to contact anyone. Although, he was in contact with his family as I suspected. More will be revealed at an appropriate time, but right now I don't want to compromise the investigation. She is alive and we can navigate everything else.

Thank you for coming back and giving us an update. It is rare for WS to get updates after someone is found alive. I appreciate you being so upfront with us. Please keep us updated (as much as you feel comfortable). The best news is she is alive. Is there monies being collected for you to go to her or for her to return home? We are not allowed to discuss donations here, but please update that info on your FB page.

I have always been upset when people don't tell the story of what happened after. So from the beginning I have committed that I would, no matter the outcome. I can see why. Going through this has been pure hell. Some people have been absolute angels. Plenty of others though have been Satan's spawn. Random internet people with opinions and nastiness - literally hundreds. I can see why people want it to just go away. And yet, there are so many people out there with missing loved ones that need shares and eyeballs - if you find your loved one it seems more respectful to move on to let someone else in the space that needs it. That is what I really love about this site. It's a place for so many families desperate for hope to at least come for some eyeballs and ideas. I have talked to so many moms, sisters, grandmas who are missing someone. No help from the police. No news stories. No shares.

There are no donations needed. I could get her home, however there are advocates that do that and they will be putting her on a plane. The tally right now for charges are 9 felonies and 16 misdemeanors. I've already been getting calls from reporters in LV. He has not been charged yet, but will be tonight or tomorrow. Reporters right now are just going off the arrest record.

The update on broken bones is one broken finger. She was not assessed with a concussion, but I can tell from talking to her she has one. I have seen pics of her face and it is bad. You can see the strangulation marks on her neck and her face is swollen badly and bruised.

I was told by the detective today that M.'s information was taken out of the system when that pic from Walmart came out. Here is a good websleuths detective assignment: I was also told that it was illegal because an officer did not make contact with her & that is what was necessary to close a missing persons case. That there is some federal requirement. Does anyone know anything about this?

To say I'm angry right now is an understatement. She might have been saved two weeks prior. I can't go into it right now, but there was a significant missed opportunity. I also learned that she had left her purse in the car at Big Bear which I was never told about. I was told there were only two things in the car, two receipts. She left her purse because she thought that it would be a signal that she was in trouble. It's would be to me, had I known. She would never leave it. She carries her make up in there. It might seem funny, but she was all about her make up all the time.

Good job, mama! Your strong fight was successful! This could have turned out very differently.

I respect your openness. It is how people are supported moat. It is only when families tell people take a hike that the public turns on them. I think yall will see support, now. At least, I hope.

I know the police will not usually close a case without contact. But if they saw video and she did not seem like she was being held, I guess it's possible they closed it. I don't know about legally, though.

Stay with us for support in the aftermath. I have a feeling lots more bad stuff will have to be dealt with, both by her and you. But ultimately, I am so glad she was found and alive.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm so glad to hear she's alive. Thank you for the update. I'm searching for laws. How did they get out of Big Bear without the car?

I have always been upset when people don't tell the story of what happened after. So from the beginning I have committed that I would, no matter the outcome. I can see why. Going through this has been pure hell. Some people have been absolute angels. Plenty of others though have been Satan's spawn. Random internet people with opinions and nastiness - literally hundreds. I can see why people want it to just go away. And yet, there are so many people out there with missing loved ones that need shares and eyeballs - if you find your loved one it seems more respectful to move on to let someone else in the space that needs it. That is what I really love about this site. It's a place for so many families desperate for hope to at least come for some eyeballs and ideas. I have talked to so many moms, sisters, grandmas who are missing someone. No help from the police. No news stories. No shares.

There are no donations needed. I could get her home, however there are advocates that do that and they will be putting her on a plane. The tally right now for charges are 9 felonies and 16 misdemeanors. I've already been getting calls from reporters in LV. He has not been charged yet, but will be tonight or tomorrow. Reporters right now are just going off the arrest record.

The update on broken bones is one broken finger. She was not assessed with a concussion, but I can tell from talking to her she has one. I have seen pics of her face and it is bad. You can see the strangulation marks on her neck and her face is swollen badly and bruised.

I was told by the detective today that M.'s information was taken out of the system when that pic from Walmart came out. Here is a good websleuths detective assignment: I was also told that it was illegal because an officer did not make contact with her & that is what was necessary to close a missing persons case. That there is some federal requirement. Does anyone know anything about this?

To say I'm angry right now is an understatement. She might have been saved two weeks prior. I can't go into it right now, but there was a significant missed opportunity. I also learned that she had left her purse in the car at Big Bear which I was never told about. I was told there were only two things in the car, two receipts. She left her purse because she thought that it would be a signal that she was in trouble. It's would be to me, had I known. She would never leave it. She carries her make up in there. It might seem funny, but she was all about her make up all the time.
Thank you for the update. You certainly have important things to deal with in the near term. After that you should get an attorney to look into the removal of M. from the system (NCIC I suppose) and whether that violated New York State law, or Cortland Police documented procedures / regulations.

I'm so glad to hear she's alive. Thank you for the update. I'm searching for laws. How did they get out of Big Bear without the car?

This was my question too. They walked from Big Bear to Las Vegas through the woods. I guess there are little hiking stores? I don't hike and have no idea. But he would leave her and go to them and take her clothes with him. She had never been in CA, the mountains, or deep woods like that. She no idea where she was or what direction to go.

He has been charged. Here is the first news article today.

607, do you have an idea of when M. will be able to get home?

This was my question too. They walked from Big Bear to Las Vegas through the woods. I guess there are little hiking stores? I don't hike and have no idea. But he would leave her and go to them and take her clothes with him. She had never been in CA, the mountains, or deep woods like that. She no idea where she was or what direction to go.

It is almost all desert all the way from just outside of Big Bear to Las Vegas. That would have been a challenging walk. Any idea why they left Las Vegas and why to Beatty? Was there some further destination?

Thanks for the reply. Wow that's 200 miles through the desert in hot weather. She certainly has been through hell.

From the link (BBM)

Upon arrival, deputies found a 25-year-old victim with multiple injuries. She told detectives her boyfriend beat and choked her and later left her unconscious on a nearby street. When she regained consciousness, he took her to a motel room where they had been staying and handcuffed her to some furniture, the release said.The boyfriend, identified as Jon Wesley Turner of Elmira, N.Y., reportedly continued to beat and choke her, and also used a hatchet to injure her, the release said. The woman was able to free herself and sought help at the motel office.

Excuse my French acronyms, but WTF?!? Terrifying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back