Deceased/Not Found NY - Mahfuza Rahman, 30, Manhattan, NYC, 9 Dec 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Police then contacted Rahman’s father Matiur Rahman. He said Chowdhury had told the Bellevue Hospital authorities about an accident of a close relative in Bangladesh, which was not true. “He [Matiur Rahman] told us that neither any of the nurse’s parents were injured in any accident nor did Rahman go to Bangladesh.”

The Bangladesh consulate in New York has said they were ‘constantly following up’ on the issue. “We are in constant touch with the Homeland Security office of the US State Department. We are also trying to track down Rahman’s husband in Bangladesh. The issue is becoming complicated,” said Vice Consul Sahed Ahmed.

http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2016...i-nurse-as-nypd-suspect-husband-s-involvement

I'd hate to give odds on whether or not he leaves Bangladesh alive..

Is he serious? Ugh! Wtf they need to bring his *advertiser censored** back to the us to get investigated. Fearing for his life, yet he went to be with his wife and her parents! This is pissing me off so much!

What worries me is the daughter. Will she leave alive? Grrrrrrr... I hate situations like this!

It would be nice if the daughter stays with her maternal grandparents. There isn't family here for her, IRRC.

A totally unlikely (but I thought of it anyway)kind of longshot here: could Mahfuza have had a bad marriage or secret relationship and fled? Could she have told her husband she was going home to Bangladesh because a family member was hurt in an accident? Then the husband Repeats story, goes to India and finds out she isn't there? Maybe he was abusive and it's attractive to her that he gets left looking suspicious? Just a random thought in the other direction. I sadly don't think this is true, but stranger things have happened.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Is it my understanding that her college ID was swiped the day after she was reported to be missing? Was it him and are there things missing from the college that could have aided him in her disappearance?

A totally unlikely (but I thought of it anyway)kind of longshot here: could Mahfuza have had a bad marriage or secret relationship and fled? Could she have told her husband she was going home to Bangladesh because a family member was hurt in an accident? Then the husband Repeats story, goes to India and finds out she isn't there? Maybe he was abusive and it's attractive to her that he gets left looking suspicious? Just a random thought in the other direction. I sadly don't think this is true, but stranger things have happened.

I had the same thoughts. And if LE hadn't said they are investigating this as a homicide I would have shared them here too. LE seems very sure though, so I guess they must know more, or found more in the house than they have publicly told, and are pretty certain they know what happened to her.

I don't think so, mainly because of her daughter. I have a hard time believing she would leave her daughter to pull a stunt like that.

jmo

Guy's full of crap!
If he had nothing to hide...he wouldn't have run off. He would have stayed and searched for his missing wife.

If I were her family...I would torture the truth out of him.

That is probably their plan.

Guy's full of crap!
If he had nothing to hide...he wouldn't have run off. He would have stayed and searched for his missing wife.

It could be a number of things. But knowing her personally she wouldn't run off without her daughter, just starting a new job for a little over a year. All she talked about was her daughter.

Guy's full of crap!

I agree with you 100% . I just wish he was here and being investigated. The sooner the better . Hoping that she is alive somewhere

031716_XNN_NWN_001-page-001.jpg

http://www.norwoodnews.org/id=20488&story=latest-edition-of-the-norwood-news-is-out-12/

here's the link to the article: http://www.norwoodnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Norwood-News-Vol.-29-No.-6.pdf

no new updates though.

So I've been looking and so far there aren't any updates since March. I really hope Mahfuza is found and police are doing something about it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTM
Back