NY NY - Missing 16yo girl texted family & said she was kidnapped by 2 men, last seen at subway station, Brooklyn, 13 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

citizen_sleuth

Verified family member - Orie Donald Esh thread
Reaction score
Police are calling on the public to aid in the search of a missing 16-year-old girl.

Family members of the girl said they received a text message from her on Aug. 13 around 3 p.m. that she was kidnapped by two men.

She was last seen at the Pitkin Avenue-Van Siclen Avenue A/C line subway station in Brooklyn.

The girl is described as having a light complexion with black hair, brown eyes, and standing at 5 feet 2 inches.

She was last seen wearing a black hoodie, blue jeans, white sneakers and a gray purse.

Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

Granted, at 16 one isn't going to make the most reasoned decisions, but if I was kidnapped I'd be calling 911 - not my family. But we have no name (probably to protect her privacy) - just a physical description that would describe a lot of teens. This article has a still from a CCTV taken I'm assuming when she went missing. That hopefully will help someone recognize her. NYPD looking for 16-year-old Brooklyn girl who texted family that she's been kidnapped

Well, it states she texted. Maybe she did not have the opportunity to make a phone call to 911, just a thought
Good point - Text to 911 is only available in certain locations and a lot of people don't know about it. I saw on a duplicate thread here she was in contact with LE and was safe. Looking at the photo of her in the station where she was looking up at the camera with concern BEFORE she was said to be kidnapped, I have a feeling this didn't go down as stated, but it doesn't matter as the only important thing is - she is safe.

Good point - Text to 911 is only available in certain locations and a lot of people don't know about it. I saw on a duplicate thread here she was in contact with LE and was safe. Looking at the photo of her in the station where she was looking up at the camera with concern BEFORE she was said to be kidnapped, I have a feeling this didn't go down as stated, but it doesn't matter as the only important thing is - she is safe.
I would like to see that she is safe. My hunch was she would be found.

It sounds like she was on camera entering the station before she texted that she was kidnapped from outside that station. I ride the subways regularly, and even if you don't, it's not hard to understand that once you enter a station, you don't exit the same station - so the reporting is either wrong or something is off with the story. My read is she rode the subway away from where she said she was taken, but that's just a guess, not a fact.

I hope for the best.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee