NY - Orsolya Gaal, 51, body found in duffel bag, Queens, Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think anything is possible, but IF she was killed in the basement, I think the person on the video shot might have a difficult time getting the hockey bag up the basement steps.
I wonder if that’s a laptop in his/her other hand. It looks too small to be a skateboard. JMO

She could have been put in something like a garbage bag and carried up then placed in the hockey bag.

I’m agreeing with @MassGuy up thread.

The most feasible reason to remove a body from a location is to distract attention away from that location. In this case, whoever did that did not think through to consider drag marks leaving a trail, ID of the deceased, or cctv.

Arguably, it could be the need to remove the horror from the immediate vicinity because the perp can’t cope with it being on site. In which case, the above would apply re thought processes.

JMO

My first awful thought was that the younger son was angry that his mother had gone out with some guy and he killed her to defend the honor of his father, was dragging her in the bag someplace he thought he could hide her but it was too heavy and blood was leaking, so he panicked and just ran home.
I don’t think that now because
1) I have a hard time picturing a kid that age dismembering someone that quickly and efficiently to put them in a bag that side.
2) The picture of the suspect pulling the bag doesn’t seem to match up with the picture of the kid being taken in by police. I don’t see any indication the suspect has long hair for one thing.
What a horrible case.
Just my thoughts.

The problem I have is that the info about the "Date" came from the 13 year old. Maybe there wasn't a date. And the son is merely injecting a phantom suspect to misdirect.

Meanwhile, a good friend of Gaal's, who did not want to be identified, told Dhillon she was originally from Hungary, where her mother and sister remain. She said Gaal loved the theater, ballet, traveling and concerts, adding she was out on Friday with a mutual female friend and returned home at around 11 p.m.

Sources: Orsolya Gaal's husband, son no longer persons of interest in her death

Sources told CBS2 investigators are now trying to access Gaal's phone and bank records to determine her last set of activity.

Who is the source of information that she went on a date the evening before? Wasn't she out with friends? Also, if she returned home just before midnight, she likely wasn't followed home, or the murder would have happened hours earlier.

She still was wearing jeans and had a belt on when she was discovered so she wasn't prepared for sleep yet:

<snip> Then, Van Nostrand said, he saw black, ankle-length jeans, a belt and a woman’s waist. He didn’t see the blood on the other side of the bag until after he had opened it, he said. The body was in the fetal position, he said, adding that the bag had wheels.

Orsolya Gaal's body found in blood-soaked duffel bag in Queens

I was just going to post the same thing...... Bet its a woman...... Dad having an affair? Get an alibi in Portland with Older son..... 60 stabs is a woman or a young raging person.
I don't think we can base a killers gender or age simply on the number of stab wounds. A dear friend of mine was murdered by her husband and was stabbed over 50 times. He was in his 50's. IMO it's simply all about rage.

I think anything is possible, but IF she was killed in the basement, I think the person on the video shot might have a difficult time getting the hockey bag up the basement steps.
I wonder if that’s a laptop in his/her other hand. It looks too small to be a skateboard. JMO

It would seem to me because many schools including colleges might be on break.

One of the more elite colleges (Reed) in OR had a revisit day on 4/15 with times throughout the day (with Fridays throughout April as well). Many schools that are not religiously affiliated do not take off for religion based holidays. Some offices on campus might be closed but many admissions departments know this is make or break time for accepted students to see their programs. Students have not had the opportunity in recent years (due to COVID) to see campuses so accepted student days are important in order to see if your accepted schools feels like a fit.

Meanwhile, a good friend of Gaal's, who did not want to be identified, told Dhillon she was originally from Hungary, where her mother and sister remain. She said Gaal loved the theater, ballet, traveling and concerts, adding she was out on Friday with a mutual female friend and returned home at around 11 p.m.

Sources: Orsolya Gaal's husband, son no longer persons of interest in her death

Sources told CBS2 investigators are now trying to access Gaal's phone and bank records to determine her last set of activity.

The good thing is that they will know the location of her phone when the text was sent. And I bet another person's phone is being pinged as well.

I wonder if there is footage of the same individual walking back, minus the bag. I imagine there are clearer images in LE’s possession, and video that shows the person’s gait as well. Hoping for quick resolution on this one.

I'm wondering if perhaps she was knocked unconscious, placed in the hockey bag, regained consciousness, and then stabbed through the bag. Were weights found in the bag to aid in sinking? Looks like the killer was heading towards Forest Park and possibly water.

The problem I have is that the info about the "Date" came from the 13 year old. Maybe there wasn't a date. And the son is merely injecting a phantom suspect to misdirect.

I didn’t know at the time the son was the source of that information. That definitely changes things.
The information in this case changes so fast it’s crazy!
Just throwing out some more thoughts:
1) It’s too messy to be a hitman. A hitman is not going to bother making something appear to be a different kind of murder and risk leaving evidence.
2) Surely a revenge killer would have taken the time to plan things at least a little bit. There seems to be no real plan here.
3) The violence inflicted is indicative of a psychopath. The attempt to drag the body down the street seems either desperate or confused, illogical, fantasy-like thinking. Wonder if a neighbor has a serious mental illness.
4) The violence is a level indicating up close and personal, perhaps impulsive rage. The ferrying away of the body seems poorly thought out and immature.
5) Could be drug induced rage. Wondering if anybody is known to have a drug problem.

I wonder if there is footage of the same individual walking back, minus the bag. I imagine there are clearer images in LE’s possession, and video that shows the person’s gait as well. Hoping for quick resolution on this one.
Good thinking. And in a neighborhood like that, I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the homes have security cameras so there must be other footage?

I must have missed something, when did the son say she went on a date? Only thing I've read is she told him she was going to a show.

The whole text message thing seems really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876