Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

Thank you! I feel the same. Judgements regarding Robert's possible actions should have no place in this thread.

Sleuthing all his possible actions that day and the days and months leading up to June 14 are not judgements. They are actual questions due to the lack of info even from the family members. There is something missing here, I listed up to 8 things and maybe some of those have answers I have missed. Every single thing he did for the past few months, should be under a microscope by now by LE, by his wife, by anyone who really knows and loves this man. His wife stated in one report he "suffers from debilitating headaches" and what did she mean by that?

I haven't read the whole thread but judgments are not the same as actual case info and working a case, whether it's on a board, in real life, in writing posting or not. This is how cases are solved. Putting a lid on ANYTHING in a case, turns that pot cold. This is how cases are worked. Everyone, and everything a suspect until they can be ruled OUT. NO One has been ruled in or out, No One has been posting much true info about him. What do we really know about him; his finances, or his marriage or who he really is? We don't know anything yet. But hard core sleuthing and working this case may just help. Have an open mind, don't leave any door closed.

Hoping his family and friends are honest with LE, if indeed there was something going on in his life. Many times we have seen families reluctant to divulge personal issues, which is fine for the public, as long as LE knows all, for a better chance for the person to be located.

I think it's interesting and vital that the wife mentions he suffered from horrible headaches. Sound familiar? It does to me.:stormingmad: Exactly what is she insinuating by inserting that info and not much else? IDK yet.

I think it's interesting and vital that the wife mentions he suffered from horrible headaches. Sound familiar? It does to me.:stormingmad: Exactly what is she insinuating by inserting that info and not much else? IDK yet.

Not sure? If it is a recent thing, could be a brain tumor. (My brother died of a brain tumor at about this age and had bad headaches for about 6 months to a year prior.) What do you think it could mean?

Sleuthing all his possible actions that day and the days and months leading up to June 14 are not judgements. They are actual questions due to the lack of info even from the family members. There is something missing here, I listed up to 8 things and maybe some of those have answers I have missed. Every single thing he did for the past few months, should be under a microscope by now by LE, by his wife, by anyone who really knows and loves this man. His wife stated in one report he "suffers from debilitating headaches" and what did she mean by that?

I haven't read the whole thread but judgments are not the same as actual case info and working a case, whether it's on a board, in real life, in writing posting or not. This is how cases are solved. Putting a lid on ANYTHING in a case, turns that pot cold. This is how cases are worked. Everyone, and everything a suspect until they can be ruled OUT. NO One has been ruled in or out, No One has been posting much true info about him. What do we really know about him; his finances, or his marriage or who he really is? We don't know anything yet. But hard core sleuthing and working this case may just help. Have an open mind, don't leave any door closed.

BBM

Perhaps, you should read the whole thread. Many of your accusations are groundless, and the info you insinuate the wife is withholding is readily available. He was at work in Brooklyn and on his way home when he went missing. There are no cameras at the Deer Park station where his car was found.
I am not providing links, since it is not my job to find basic info for you. Read the thread before you attack the family in this, or any other, case.

IMHO.

I can link if necessary but Robert did go to work that day and reportedly drove his car. Coworkers can confirm this and IIRC, he was last seen around 12:30 p.m.

Yes, sleuthing is good - judging isn't. If he indeed left on his on accord it's not for anyone here to be "mad" about.

Okay, permission granted by Robert Mayer's wife, to share the following Search Info:

"Friday, 6/28/13 There will be a search party held at the Deer Park Train Station starting at 9:00am. Please park your car NEAR the Deer Park Train Station as it probably will be hectic with morning commuters. We will be meeting at the main ticket booth (which looks like a little house) Permission has been granted from the Suffolk County Police Dept. as well as anyone else that needed. If you can join the search efforts please contact, Kim Bonomo she will be leading the search efforts. The search will start at 9:00am and will be done in shifts. Please contact her for additional information. News 12 has been contacted as well. Prayers for the Mayer family."

What kind of area is it they will be searching? Woods, fields, streets, houses?

Wondering if LE has taken his computer, or other devices to examine? Whether he left on his own or had an enemy, for example, there might be clues there. Hard to imagine a random act of violence against a middle-aged man, and then hiding his body and leaving his car in plain sight, IMO.

A few additional thoughts. It has been 2 weeks missing. Sure do hope that at this point all electronics, phone records, bank accounts, safes, etc have been checked & double checked. Not many updates from family/family representative or law enforcement. I am somewhat concerned that a search of train station area where his car was found seems to have just happened today (however, searches very well could have happened and just not reported in media). Where is this man??

I saw that there is another man from Dix Hills that went missing while on vacation with family in August 2012 and has not been located (just poof = missing) with no clues. There is a WS forum for him also - George Richardson.

I have empathy for the wives, kids, other relatives and friends. I keep going back and forth thinking... did he choose to up and leave OR is he missing because of something against his will. I hope both these men will be located.

June 28: Wife of Missing Dix Hills Man: 'I Just Want Him Home Safe'

Teams have been out searching since his disappearance, but no clues have been found so far.

Police have not given details on the case, as it is an ongoing investigation, but said they don't believe a crime was committed.

snip

Mayer is unlikely to have identification on him since he left his wallet at home in the family’s garage that morning.

http://halfhollowhills.patch.com/gr...-search-parties-to-find-missing-dix-hills-man

bbm

So, police think he left on his own accord, or had some kind of accident?

Article has video interview with his distraught wife Ida.

Strange case - interesting how his forgetting his wallet and was running late set in motion a life changing event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth