NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because of the neighbour's surveillance camera? I know this is not confirmed but could be that LE had a look at it, so cancelled the dog search of the scrap yard that was announced at one point.

This makes sense. "IF" the neighbor's camera captures the car, it proves he was alive after the visit to the scrap yard so why search there? Also, assuming RM was driving the car. I don't know why any perp or anyone else driving the car would want to take it to/past rm's house so if it is on video I think it's safe to say RM was driving the car. At least TO the house.

I wonder the same. Perhaps the scrap yard witness stated they saw him leave, so that's why they didn't search?

Makes me wonder if they have seen him a few times in the past, so they knew who he was. I also wonder if he had to show an ID. Some places around the country are making scrap yards ask for IDs now, because of all the metal stealing.

Makes me wonder if they have seen him a few times in the past, so they knew who he was. I also wonder if he had to show an ID. Some places around the country are making scrap yards ask for IDs now, because of all the metal stealing.

According to the Arrow Scrap webpage FAQs, they do require ID in accordance with NY state law.

http://www.arrowscrap.com/faq

How did IM get this info? Was the receipt found in the car? Was it just the scrap metal yard's word/memory? Did they have a record of it? And if they did, was the receipt time stamped? And if the claim they require ID, how did the transaction go down if RM had no wallet or ID with him? They obviously didn't follow the law as they state they do? Or did RM have some sort of ID, maybe a work ID with his photo on it? Maybe even a fake ID?

Maybe he was searching for his wallet under the seat, which is why it was moved up?

Something rubs me the wrong way about this scrap yard situation.

I hope this is ok to post?

Did everyone read that story that a woman missing from British Columbia was found alive in well 52 years later? Apparently she started over with a whole new family, etc... Her name is Lucy Johnson. It's in the Huff Post today. No real details revealed besides how her real daughter found her through a "step sister" she didn't even know she had.

I agree Jerry. The scrap metal yard and wallet left at home are what I keep going back too. And the seat in the car being closer to the steering wheel, and now the added detail of no steering wheel lock thingermagigger being in place. Something happened at the scrap metal yard and someone drove his car to the train station. IMO. With that said, I also shift to him leaving of his own accord. UGH.

All I can say is this.......I can't keep posting on this case for 52 years. I'm consumed by this case as it is.

Check out info on Facebook -RM Search Group Page

Serious question. I joined this site a few weeks ago because I found it while researching this case, and really liked the way everyone works together, respects opinions, etc. is it normal to have people show up, post a few really offbeat posts then disappear?

All I can say is this.......I can't keep posting on this case for 52 years. I'm consumed by this case as it is.

Agreed - I am totally consumed by this. I think about RM all the time.

President of HBO???? On the RM FB search page? I don't think so. There has been no press whatsoever on this case.

President of HBO???? On the RM FB search page? I don't think so. There has been no press whatsoever on this case.

He's from Long Island. Not president of HBO, president of an entertainment company, which maybe works with HBO?

I agree Jerry. The scrap metal yard and wallet left at home are what I keep going back too. And the seat in the car being closer to the steering wheel, and now the added detail of no steering wheel lock thingermagigger being in place. Something happened at the scrap metal yard and someone drove his car to the train station. IMO. With that said, I also shift to him leaving of his own accord. UGH.

Also, the dogs didn't get a hit of his scent at the train station, but his car was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991