NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe NCNY said that the money found in the garage was not necessarily the proceeds of the scrap metal transaction. In fact, he thought it wasn't related.

Good Morning Group-----

I have a really dense question to ask--I am no techie at all so much of the "cell phone pings" conversation goes over my head. My question would a text message "ping" as a cell phone would.

And I agree with many others here ---- the large amount of conflicting information is and has been sending up red flags with me. I am not saying the family is lying out right but withholding information can be construed as lying IMO.
That is coupled with alot of IMO "contrived" (quoting myself) .......stuff for lack of a better word. THE CAR found at the train station, the trip they were planning--And all this combined with no leads, no new info ---hhmmmmmm.........

sort of OT but a few months ago on Long Island a teenage girl went missing. She is from very eastern Long Island. She did not get on the school bus that morning, left a note or her journal with song lyrics about "watery deep" or something like it. Her family was frantic understandably. Helicopters flew over for days, searches were organized and then--nothing--no news, no leads, no searches. The family had discovered she was hiding out over at a friends house and she went home after a few days. This info came out much after the fact----maybe the parents were embarrassed at all the attention given this--maybe it was better for the girl that no more attention was given to the matter.

So---I may get booted out for this but here I go--Could it be that RM left voluntarily. IM is aware of this now and has decided to say nothing but try to let the story die out.

Hot cawfee, the answer to your question about text messages and pings is yes.

As for the lack of info, yes, LE is keeping this very close to the vest. One would think there would have been one or more news conferences by now to get the word out.

My theory is LE has an idea of what happened to RM they just don't know where he is or who else was involved. I do think they are working in it. There aren't cases like this every day. Considering how many of us laymen find interest in this case, I can only guess that many detectives are working this one around the clock.

And, no, I don't think he simply walked away. I think it's more complicated than that.

Morning ElizaAvalon------

Like you I would think that info would come out daily or at least a few times per week.
But LE keeping mum is different from family doing so.
Its my opinion that he walked away voluntarily. And there are many reasons why he would as I stated prior. It gets curiouser and curiouser.

Think about it closely. LE says no crime was committed. The car was in tact and found at a railroad station. He left two days before Father's Day. Why that weekend? Why did he go to a scarp metal place after work before going home? Searches have been coming back with no evidence of anything. Media covergage is minimal. Why?? He walked away from his life. We do't know what was going on behind closed doors? There is more to this case than we know and we are not getting all the facts.

sort of OT but a few months ago on Long Island a teenage girl went missing. She is from very eastern Long Island. She did not get on the school bus that morning, left a note or her journal with song lyrics about "watery deep" or something like it. Her family was frantic understandably. Helicopters flew over for days, searches were organized and then--nothing--no news, no leads, no searches. The family had discovered she was hiding out over at a friends house and she went home after a few days. This info came out much after the fact----maybe the parents were embarrassed at all the attention given this--maybe it was better for the girl that no more attention was given to the matter.

So---I may get booted out for this but here I go--Could it be that RM left voluntarily. IM is aware of this now and has decided to say nothing but try to let the story die out.

MOO - I don't believe that he left voluntarily. IMO he did not drive that car to the station. At first I thought he walked, but as more info came out about the car I've been leaning toward something happening to him at or after leaving the scrap yard.

BTW, IM has been more "vocal" than ever lately on the search page.

Think about it closely. LE says no crime was committed. The car was in tact and found at a railroad station. He left two days before Father's Day. Why that weekend? Why did he go to a scarp metal place after work before going home? Searches have been coming back with no evidence of anything. Media covergage is minimal. Why?? He walked away from his life. We do't know what was going on behind closed doors? There is more to this case than we know and we are not getting all the facts.

I think that is the most likely scenario. After reading your post I started thinking about reasons this scenario would not make sense and the first thing that comes to mind is the lack of scent going away from his car at the train station. The other is the wallet left at home with his ID. We have been debating how he would be able to cash in scrap metal without his ID. What if he had false identification? He may have been planning this for some time. Possibly he used the false ID at the scrap yard whenever he went as a test to see if it raised any alarms.

Has it been determined if his work ID was located? Couldn't he use that as ID at the scrap yard and it wouldn't matter if he left his drivers license at home in the wallet?
Another thing that's been rattling around in my head... We've heard there was a trip to Italy booked the day before his disappearance. That trip was supposed to be July 7. I don't know about you, but who books a European trip 3 weeks prior? Isn't that usually something you plan ahead for, have to put in for time off at work, book earlier to get a good plane fare? Hey maybe I'm more of a plan ahead type of person so this seems weird to me. Is it out of the ordinary that a trip like this would be planned only three weeks out? JMO

Has it been determined if his work ID was located? Couldn't he use that as ID at the scrap yard and it wouldn't matter if he left his drivers license at home in the wallet?
Another thing that's been rattling around in my head... We've heard there was a trip to Italy booked the day before his disappearance. That trip was supposed to be July 7. I don't know about you, but who books a European trip 3 weeks prior? Isn't that usually something you plan ahead for, have to put in for time off at work, book earlier to get a good plane fare? Hey maybe I'm more of a plan ahead type of person so this seems weird to me. Is it out of the ordinary that a trip like this would be planned only three weeks out? JMO

Good catch! I'm with you on that, - wife and I like planning way in advance so as to have something to look forward to since vac's come/go so quickly.

As far as I'm concerned, the trip booked the day before is rumor. It was mentioned along with the supposed 45 minute call with IM that morning - but I've never seen anything confirming either rumor. I can't imagine planning such a trip only 3 weeks before.

MOO

Agree Vedder.

I will bet real money he did not walk away. I thought so when I first heard about him missing and seeing his picture. But definitely not now.

It will all eventually come out, in sure.

@ teamilk post 530-----thats another of those little things that don't add up to me--IF the trip was planned, it was done rather quickly--RM would have needed to get his vacation time approved. Does the family have current passports???? I think you need valid passports to purchase overseas airline tickets.

@ Vedder post 532--and the 45 minute phone call--My husband (yes we can call him Mr. Cawfee-lol) was a foreman and he said no way would he permit people working under his charge to take such a long phone call unless a family member was in the hospital or something like that. Fight with the spouse/gf---solve it on your own time-not the contractors time.
Also--are we allowed to discuss what IM is saying?? I don't have FB so I cannot access

And I do have a add-on to my theory of RM leaving voluntarily but I hesitate to voice it.

@ teamilk post 530-----thats another of those little things that don't add up to me--IF the trip was planned, it was done rather quickly--RM would have needed to get his vacation time approved. Does the family have current passports???? I think you need valid passports to purchase overseas airline tickets.

@ Vedder post 532--and the 45 minute phone call--My husband (yes we can call him Mr. Cawfee-lol) was a foreman and he said no way would he permit people working under his charge to take such a long phone call unless a family member was in the hospital or something like that. Fight with the spouse/gf---solve it on your own time-not the contractors time.
Also--are we allowed to discuss what IM is saying?? I don't have FB so I cannot access

And I do have a add-on to my theory of RM leaving voluntarily but I hesitate to voice it.
I have my own theories too. He could have been involved with illegal activities or had an addiction no one is talking about. <modsnip>

Are there any insiders that are visiting us here?? Would love to hear any new info.

There was a Verified Insider (NCNY) but they seem to be silent for a few days now.

Could the Italy trip have been one of those last minute discount deals? I know some people who receive email notifications of last minute travel deals for cruises, European travel, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth