DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Toni!

We could use some fresh ideas. :seeya:

:thewave:

Oh and yet another question--- the garage----was THE CAR kept there? Is it attached to the house? Is it big enough for 2 cars? Is there an auto garage door opener? If so which car/cars have the door clicker? Is it kept in the house or in the car or both places (my folks did--garage was detached and one clicker with the car and one in the house) ?

Welcome Toni! Great first post.
I am new here as well. I signed up to post my thoughts on this case.
At thought I first maybe he had a medical emergency (perhaps while biking) or that something happened to him, or maybe a suicide.
After a lot of reading up, I think he left voluntarily. Perhaps to avoid some sort of trouble. Of course I don't know him and from what I read he sounds like a good family man. How anyone could do that to his kids, mother and wife, I have no idea. But like Toni said, the older I get now, the more I see people do 'strange things for strange reasons'. That is right on!

Also, I find myself when out and about in Midtown looking at guys to see if it might be him. He could be anywhere in a city of 8 million. Nobody would really know as this hasn't made the news and flyers are only up I think around his Long Island neighborhood. I would have had no idea about this case if i weren't for seeing it on a friend's Facebook page.

I pray for the family every day. Really hope they get answers soon.

:twocents: from me.
At this point, I have no idea what happened.

Locally, when something happens, it's known everywhere.

Years back, young man went missing on New Years Eve in NYC.
Posters were everywhere. All the local stores, deli's etc.
So when you went in for morning coffee, you saw the flyer.

Another time there was a tragic accident and family needed help.
Those flyers were everywhere.

I am hoping they are distributing flyers around many local businesses, NOT just the station. Post Office has boards, all supermarkets have boards, deli's, coffee shops, CVS etc.

Again just my 2 cents.

Yes it could well be that a dark secret made him decide to leave. Possibly some people even know about this but revealing it would create even bigger problems for the family than dealing with his absence. moo

WELCOME Toni !! Good to have you here on the forum and hear your ideas.

Snipped and BBM:
...... Nothing in this world surprises me. People do strange things for strange reasons.

On this.... I believe we all agree!!

Oh and yet another question--- the garage----was THE CAR kept there? Is it attached to the house? Is it big enough for 2 cars? Is there an auto garage door opener? If so which car/cars have the door clicker? Is it kept in the house or in the car or both places (my folks did--garage was detached and one clicker with the car and one in the house) ?

Good questions hot cawfee. I do not recall seeing answers shared.

All along I've had this feeling that his missing bike may just be a coincidence. I grew up in a really safe neighborhood and we left our garage door open all the time when we were home. Our bikes and tools could easily have been stolen. Our family also usually entered and exited through the garage (door led straight into the kitchen). Probably not incredibly smart of us, but I guess we were lucky.

If leaving the garage door open is/was a habit for the Mayers, the bike could have been taken at any time without IM noticing, until she consciously looked for anything out of place after Robert disappeared.

Still so torn about this case!

No. We don't allow our members to get involved in cases and post on the forum. If IM wants to join, we will verify her and she can share with us what she wants to share.

Thank you for asking ahead of time!

Okey Dokey .... and if you want to remove my post, go ahead, as I wouldn't want IM to see it and perhaps not trust us here.

Yes it could well be that a dark secret made him decide to leave. Possibly some people even know about this but revealing it would create even bigger problems for the family than dealing with his absence. moo

Yes, and I believe somewhere, I read that IM had said that if he came home, they would keep him safe. And another time I recall her supposedly saying, he isn't here, because he can't be.

Those two statements together, make you think someone knows more than they're saying, and he may have gone away because he 'had' to?

I don't know .... just thinking out loud.

MOO ... JMO

Yes, and I believe somewhere, I read that IM had said that if he came home, they would keep him safe. And another time I recall her supposedly saying, he isn't here, because he can't be.

Those two statements together, make you think someone knows more than they're saying, and he may have gone away because he 'had' to?

I don't know .... just thinking out loud.

MOO ... JMO

I read, We'll keep you safe. Made me wonder?
and ; "if he could be here......"

I just don't know. :fence:

I can't access :(

Try looking at that page with another device or computer. You are only allowed 5 times on that site without a paid subscription, so I'm guessing another IP address could get you on. I don't know if this is the problem you are having, but I did note they only allowed me 5 times of access to their entire site.

Hope this helps!

Weeks pass and nothing new has officially been released related to actually determining what has happened with RM. What happened with RM on June 14th?

There has been much theory on what could have happened, a lot of confusing questions/answers, a huge number of gaps in details/facts. The case seemed somewhat slow getting off the ground as far as released facts, searches sharing of information from a variety of sources close to RM. We have taken the bits & pieces and attempted to make sense and draw conclusions. Lots of good ideas, creative thinking and sleuthing offered here.

In reflection, I'm really not feeling any one of the conclusions to the exclusion of the others. Did RM leave voluntary? To a new life? Needing to disappear? To deal with a problem and try to protect family? Seems if this is so, he would have somehow contacted some one to tell and then disappear back into the wind. But, sadly we know it happens and no contact ever happens. Did he meet with violence or a deadly altercation? There are some factors that point here, but no hard evidence as far as has been made public. Law enforcement says... nothing criminal; but they sometimes do that while pulling a case together. SIGH.....

I feel for his family including his wife, kids, parents, siblings, etc. and friends. What a helpless feeling for them. One would only really understand the depth of fear, hurt and confusion - if they experienced it. While I hope answers come soon and this has a good ending, I am not feeling confident in that direction.
So, up here I sit.... :fence: getting down for periods of :banghead: and :please:. Let us carry on ........

I've exhausted any crazy theories my head can conjure up.

Sadly, when it comes right down to it.....the ACTUAL CONFIRMED facts of this case are SO FEW, it is impossible to find out what happened based solely on these.

I think Bunny posted about a week ago a list of perhaps 5 items that were actually CONFIRMED FACTS. That is all, only 5, and MOSTLY everything is rumor out there and it is over a month this man is missing. As so many others have said, it HAS to be that people know more than they are saying.

I've exhausted any crazy theories my head can conjure up.

Sadly, when it comes right down to it.....the ACTUAL CONFIRMED facts of this case are SO FEW, it is impossible to find out what happened based solely on these.

I think Bunny posted about a week ago a list of perhaps 5 items that were actually CONFIRMED FACTS. That is all, only 5, and MOSTLY everything is rumor out there and it is over a month this man is missing. As so many others have said, it HAS to be that people know more than they are saying.

The problem with these types of cases is that they could be connected to family finances, relationships, business associates, co-workers, friends, etc. which we can't talk about unless it was mentioned in the media. We don't even know much about Robert and his background, hobbies, routine, temperment and habits. There is very limited info in these areas and it could be connected to this case.

JMO

I read, We'll keep you safe. Made me wonder?
and ; "if he could be here......"

I just don't know. :fence:

Yes ... that was it, We'll keep you safe.

But I need to go and find the other quote, because I can't really remember what it said exactly. You don't happen to know where you saw that, do you?

The problem with these types of cases is that they could be connected to family finances, relationships, business associates, co-workers, friends, etc. which we can't talk about unless it was mentioned in the media. We don't even know much about Robert and his background, hobbies, routine, temperment and habits. There is very limited info in these areas and it could be connected to this case.

JMO

Very true! All though I still question the part about <modsnip>, as the media is not always accurate, putting it mildly. :facepalm:

Very true! All though I still question the part about,<modsnip> as the media is not always accurate, putting it mildly. :facepalm:

Here's the problem I have;
so many mis-statements via the "media".
So I really don't know what to believe. I trust my gut. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads