NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people willing to take statements made by IM as gospel and statements by anyone else as being hearsay or unsubstantiated rumor? Does anyone in this case deserve being considered with more credibility than anyone else?

As BunnyHop pointed out earlier in the thread, there are very few "facts" that are known. It is all the "supposedlies" that lead us to the wide ranging scenarios being speculated upon. We are all choosing what we believe to be the most believable variables and applying them in the most sensible way we can.

P.S.- Not picking on you personally hot cawfee. Yours was just an easy example in the thread.

IMO, there are too many mis-statements coming from all directions.
So for me, it's very hard to know what is fact and what is rumor. :banghead:

:twocents:

Nicholas Francisco voluntarily left his family, and not only did he attend work the day he went "missing" he told everyone at work he was heading home to bake cookies with his children. when later found living a new life in a different state, he said in an interview that he felt is was better that his children thought he was dead, rather than that he ran away from them.

I can't say this is the case for RM, but I can't ignore the fact that people do this, just because I want to believe he wouldn't. (I would like to believe no one would do this to their children)

Yes I followed that one to. Alot of people were saying mean things to her. Picking at every word she said. She was expecting her 4th child at the time. Poor thing. Also Tory Staffords mom was faced with questions by media and the public. A male and a female kidnapped her. Her little body was found buried in a field on someones farm.

I know some people do not act like they are suppose to. We judge people mannerisms etc but I truly think IM does not know where her husband is or what happen to him.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with this case but I do find it quite interesting, also the comments posted on the thread were enlightening. :twocents:

I saw this on reddit today:

Copper theft 'like an epidemic' sweeping US

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100917758

I'm not saying this has anything to do with this case but I do find it quite interesting, also the comments posted on the thread were enlightening. :twocents:

I saw this on reddit today:

Copper theft 'like an epidemic' sweeping US

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100917758

Great article!! I also read somewhere they are stealing peoples cooper from their inground sprinkler systems and old houses that have aluminum siding.

@curious-thats exactly what i was saying when i read that fb post. SERIOUSLY??? What does that even mean? Sheesh.

I find it SO strange that other than one "aunt donna" and "matty b" who made many promises...there have been zero posts on the fb page by anyone who is relative or friend. Not one! Especially since IM is quite active on fb.
Moo

BRAVO Ramswon1---never took the railroad--would never leave THE CAR at train station esp one that had no security cameras

desensitized--she posted that?? That is ano oadd thing to say--One could surmise that IM knows where he is, why he left and when he is coming back. MOO but yes??

Lucymoosey--no I haven't-will try to check it out from library--and isn't that interesting!!

And regarding my question on IM seeing a psychic--She tried contacting LI Medium who only speaks to the dead-so IM knows RM is still alive and would not be inerested to see if deceased family memebers would offer info?

CuriousAmI--that's is something I have noticed too-- not alot of family involvement.
And if you are "poofed"-let me know--I will still speculate along with you--lol

Excellent point! Something seems amiss, yet maybe she doesn't want to believe he could be dead. Your observation is definitely food for thought though.

Just read that story on Nicholas Francisco-- holy cow!!!! But it can happen--a liar will lie, a cheater will cheat and so forth. I remember Mother Cawfee telling us little cawfee beans about her neighbor growing up---a nice man with a wife and daughter. And another family living in South America. It all came out when he passed away and named everyone in his will.

Interesting--- IM has family in Canada---just went to petition site and saw family posting. Have they contacted Canadian LE???

IM post on FB....

"contacted by a reporter!! Now if I could only remember who..."

Seriously? SERIOUSLY????

I saw this too. I know we cannot sleuth/talk about/comment on Ida. But, some of the things I've seen her say on FB have been mind boggling.

Clemenza-----dang!! I need to get on this here FB thing all the kids are wild about!!!

I saw this too. I know we cannot sleuth/talk about/comment on Ida. But, some of the things I've seen her say on FB have been mind boggling.

Clemenza--is it possible its not IM but someone joking around?? A friend or family member that is snarking on everyone?

Clemenza--is it possible its not IM but someone joking around?? A friend or family member that is snarking on everyone?

Anything is possible, but I do believe it's her posting and she doesn't know where her husband is.

MOO - If my husband were missing, I would need to be tranquilized. I don't know if I'd be able to put 2 sentences together.

Got a wife and kids in Baltimore Jack, I went out for a ride and never went back!
Bruce Springsteen!

Thanks for article. Quoting from it:
“Even when we go into the city we drive in,” she said. “He hasn’t taken the train in years. My parents live in Queens. He would prefer to drive to Queens, leave the car there and take the subway.”

Would his car be safer parked in Queens, or was it that he really did not like being on a train? - but subway is a train of sorts... so got to be leaving car at that station...

He disliked leaving his car there so much, seems like a mob thing to do - leave his car where he really really did not want it left. That's sending a message IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth