NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I found interesting in the article was that he would "club" his car when/if he parked it at the train station. I'm assuming that meant using that club thingie that locks the steering wheel. Where is the club? In the car? At home? I would assume he would keep it in the trunk. There really would be no reason for anyone to steal that if they didn't have the key or the combination or however it works. I guess one could take that to a scrap yard too? I dunno.

Surfie, IM posted on FB that the club was under the seat I believe. Can anyone back me up? Going back through those FB threads is mind-numbing.

Mom, LE only tells the public what they want them to know and they only seek to publicize cases when they need our help. Apparently, they got this one. Or so it seems.

Mom, LE only tells the public what they want them to know and they only seek to publicize cases when they need our help. Apparently, they got this one. Or so it seems.

Ach, I wish this were true. There are a number of cases where LE seems to be clueless, yet silent. Holly Bobo is just one example. I think LE is often silent just because they are LE, i.e mindset of silence, secrecy, etc. but in missing persons cases, it can be a very bad idea and these cases can go cold very quickly.

Did his wife say this man has never had a night away from home?

Did i miss something about his work tools? Were they ever found? As a foreman, i would think he would travel with alot of tools. Correct?

a lot of people seem to be hung up on the day he went missing (the Friday before fathers day), while others are looking for a "trigger" in this mans life for possibly making him leave. what if fathers day is what triggered this abrupt departure. if he had thoughts of doing this for a while, and in 2 days time his children and wife will be showering him with gifts and praise for being "the best dad ever". maybe he didn't feel he could deal with the guilt of being celebrated, when in his head he was having such awful thoughts about abandoning these people.

as for the scrap yard, the most recent article stated that he'd been going there as a respectable customer for a few years. that he brought scraps/copper from job sites. two things strike me as odd here.
1.) he did this for years and IM was unaware of it until mentioned to her by his coworkers? (why wasn't she aware, where was he putting the money... a few years of copper/scraps brings in more than a few extra dollars)
2.) we're ruling out him putting his bike in his beloved car because it would make it dirty. yet he has no problem putting scraps from job sites in the car? (have u seen the filth on items at job sites?)

it seems that every new detail of this case contradicts earlier details. it's very frustrating.

For the most part, we are going by what little, conflicting info we have.

Few of my thoughts;
I think Rob really did love that car, and kept it pristine. It was "his toy".

I think he would have used a club given some of his work sites. (makes sense to me)

I personally feel the bike would not fit in that car unless he used a removable rack. (i could be wrong) I have one that's light, folds and doesn't scratch my car. The bike may be insignificant, I don't put much into that. :twocents:

IM made a statement a while back that "Rob loves all his cars".
Did he have more than one? A truck or van he may have used to do side jobs? Never got an answer.

If there was any shady dealings going on, do you think the Scrap Yard would state otherwise? I don't.

Let's remember, he's from the area all his life, probably knows his way around and has connections.

Re: scrap in his car, I asked that earlier. How much dirty scrap do you think fits in that small car?? (Unless he was hooked up with someone else that perhaps had a truck or van)

So many questions, so few answers.

I thought I had read that and to be honest I find that hard to believe!

Do You find that a bit odd?

Well, off the top of my head, when I was in hospital delivering a baby, I spent 2 nights away. :blushing:

eta: You all got me thinking now. I can think of at least 5 trips I took alone business and vacations. I can also think of at least 2 trips my ex took regarding family.
That was in 12 years of marriage, not 18.

Is there a scratching the head smiley?

Hmmm i go out for a couple of hours and posts just disappear...as i expected they would.
A question for the pro's...is it normal for L/media to keep a case SO quiet?
Im a newbie and find this extremely odd.
IMO, ofcourse.

I'm no pro, maybe there's nothing to investigate? Perhaps it's all cut and dry. They've said since day one there's no criminal evidence. :twocents:

I recall reading in one of IM's FB posts that he didnt hang out with friends. He loved being home, watching tv, playing video games with kids and grilling in back yard.
Also, do you think she meant he really NEVER spent a night away? Like NEVER? Literally?
Idk. My hubby n i do everything together but, hes traveled for work, gone to AC with friends for a night, visited family out of town.

Bunnyhop, i really hope he left on his own and some day his family will know and will learn to deal with this. I hate to think that something awful has happened to him.

Did i miss something about his work tools? Were they ever found? As a foreman, i would think he would travel with alot of tools. Correct?

I worked for an electrician (former NY union foreman), now with 2 employees-one with journeyman's license. These 2 young guys had some/few tools in their vehicles. The company tools were always kept locked up in the company truck. Now, my former boss, former union, DID have "company tools" in his "company truck" that were clearly marked by a former employer (stolen?)

:what:

Tools, supplies and equipment are very expensive.

This is just my two cents and my own opinion.

So the foreman would normally have the tools? Can those be scrapped?

I want to add something else, sorry to blahblahblah.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with RM.
It's just bothering me.

I know from experience that there are many, many stand up, honest guys working out there, I've met them.

My ex-electrician boss was earning $150,000 +/year with the union.
He cashed out his union $ for maybe $250,000.
I know, because I did some of the bookkeeping. (hated it, it was a side job)

I believe he lost his union job (ex-boss) for nefarious reasons. :twocents:
He also scammed me and 2 young guys out of all our with holding taxes.
He took it from us and never paid federal, state etc.

:stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:

I thought I had read that and to be honest I find that hard to believe!

Do You find that a bit odd?

Not in the least. He's a family man. Probably a very dedicated one. He sounds very routine as well. Why would it be odd for a man to cling to his wife and or a wife to her husband, to be together every single night? But my impression of the statement is that it is not like her husband to stay the night elsewhere. Ever. People read way too much into this woman's statements. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth