NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya all! I don't see a Mod here, so i'd like to ask you...

I posted a link to a petition for RM, and it's gone. We're not allowed to do that?

Based on these numbers and in my own opinion since the beginning, the Mayers lived a lifestyle WAY beyond their means. Where was/did/does the money come from?

Yes, I agree.

Peeps here have said he was selling copper to run away and I think he was selling copper just to pay the bills. Their property taxes are killer.

OK good morning all !!!!!-- should have said that before I start with my questions.

Is RM subject to random drug and alcohol testing as per his union contract?
I am wondering if he may have failed it and is at rehab and did not tell his family to save embarrassment. Or (and I am not sure how it works legally) but with a "missing person" would creditors be more lenient than they would if someone just up and left ???

And another question-- are any of his favorites foods and drinks in the home?? Fridge, freezer or pantry?

My questions relate to what is premeditated, who knows what, who is involved etc.
Its always been my opinion that he left voluntarily. I have further concluded that he left with help. MOO to the nth degree!!!

Wonder if he had close friends or relatives in another state somewhere? . .

I've been thinking about the statement that Ida made about RM never spending a night away from his family. This may sound odd to some of you but honestly, I have been married since 1997 and other than giving birth to my children my husband and I never spent a night apart. My husband has many friends but never goes out with them alone. On occasion we have gone out with other couples but that's it.
Does this really sound strange to all of you? It's just our way, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I had read that and to be honest I find that hard to believe!

Do You find that a bit odd?

I don't find it odd. It all depends on his work. If his work is local, there is no need for him to travel and stay in hotels. One question . . . does RM have siblings or close cousins? If he has relatives who live at some distance, then this would be another reason to travel alone for a visit.

How long does it take to process DNA samples? For instance, blood, hair fibers, clothing fibers etc ? I have no idea. Could RM have been in the trunk at any point?

I don't know the answer, but I have heard that they could be backed up with requests, which I think is common with most state labs. LE can try to fast track DNA evidence, but maybe they don't feel this is a good case for that.

Just some thoughts---no facts . . . .

Toni it doesn't sound strange but I will say it is not common. I really don't know anyone who's never been away from home even one night of their married lives.

Business trips, scouting trips, girls' weekends, etc. More days than I can count, really.

When RM cashed in some metal at the scrap yard did he go home and leave the money in the garage? If so, why did would do that?

I don't know why people are harping on the comment that they've never spent a night apart. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. I don't think it lends any credence to whether or not he'd run away. We can't draw any conclusions from the comment.

Literally speaking and for the record, I find it hard to believe he never spent a night away from her. Never a trip with the boys? Vegas? Atlantic City? Road ball game? At a friend's house and stayed because he drank too much. Poker night? Super Bowl? If I go to a buddies house for "boys night" (poker game, ball game) I never drive home that night. To boot, my wife insists upon my staying the night for my safety. I don't know, maybe I find it hard to believe because of the number of times I've personally done so. But, I don't believe it.

I don't know the answer, but I have heard that they could be backed up with requests, which I think is common with most state labs. LE can try to fast track DNA evidence, but maybe they don't feel this is a good case for that.

Just some thoughts---no facts . . . .

If there was obvious blood in the car or some other signs of foul play maybe testing would be a little speedier?? (I'm just thinking aloud)

I don't know why people are harping on the comment that they've never spent a night apart. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. I don't think it lends any credence to whether or not he'd run away. We can't draw any conclusions from the comment.

Literally speaking and for the record, I find it hard to believe he never spent a night away from her. Never a trip with the boys? Vegas? Atlantic City? Road ball game? At a friend's house and stayed because he drank too much. Poker night? Super Bowl? If I go to a buddies house for "boys night" (poker game, ball game) I never drive home that night. To boot, my wife insists upon my staying the night for my safety. I don't know, maybe I find it hard to believe because of the number of times I've personally done so. But, I don't believe it.

I agree. It's definitely possible. I think of Paul and Linda McCartney. After she died, I felt so awful for him after I read an article that said during their entire marriage, they'd only spent a couple nights apart. And he was a pretty busy guy!

I don't live my life that way, but it's possible for others. Still, I keep thinking, "Never? Not ONE night away?" It's so hard for me to believe.

Actually it was just me 'harping' and it just wasn't on you but I utilized your post. Eileen730 asked Who said anything about anyone's character? I think IM's comment says a lot about RM's character. He was home every night. No, in 18+ years of marriage, RM and IM probably did not spend over 6570 nights together in the same bed. Maybe they missed 3 or 4. I don't believe that was the point she was making. 'My husband was home, every night, with me'. She I believe was pointing out that, everything was good, they were inseparable and that it was hard that even a single night let alone day, goes on without him. But to take the statement as literal and then make it out as if she were lying.....

But to your other summation, perhaps RM was not the type to stay at a friends, get too drunk to drive, have a 'boys night out', etc. Thus lending to the credibility issue. We don't even know if he drank at all.

Based on these numbers and in my own opinion since the beginning, the Mayers lived a lifestyle WAY beyond their means. Where was/did/does the money come from?

But they did not. IM was well established in her own career ambitions and probably equally established financially. Collectively they didn't appear to be living beyond their means. Dix Hills is a modest neighborhood, not extravagant.

Force, not sure how familiar you are with Dix Hills, but, the average home here is not average at all! It is quite extravagant and property taxes, utilities and cost of living is extremely high. I would guess that maybe 30% of home owners (if that) are blue collar.
The average home is 3000 sq ft, has in ground pool, acre of land and approx $20,000 in taxes.
If IM is not employed or practicing...that is quite a load to carry on one salary while also paying for vacations, sports & dance, music lessons and whatever else.

If there was obvious blood in the car or some other signs of foul play maybe testing would be a little speedier?? (I'm just thinking aloud)

Bingo! I think what you said makes a lot of sense. If there was an obvious crime scene, they probably would have been on the processing a lot faster, in my opinion.

Just opinion---no facts.

It depends on what section of Dix Hills we're talking about. Certain areas, say south of Candlewood, are more modest. Once you get north of the expressway the lots and homes are larger.

Force, not sure how familiar you are with Dix Hills, but, the average home here is not average at all! It is quite extravagant and property taxes, utilities and cost of living is extremely high. I would guess that maybe 30% of home owners (if that) are blue collar.
The average home is 3000 sq ft, has in ground pool, acre of land and approx $20,000 in taxes.
If IM is not employed or practicing...that is quite a load to carry on one salary while also paying for vacations, sports & dance, music lessons and whatever else.

I can see this scenario causing lots of stress.

Ive never heard the word modest used to describe any area of dix hills...and ive been here a LONG time. Interesting.

As far as the car being prcessed-there is no specific time frame. It can actually take months to gather all evidence, since some may need to be sent to different crime labs out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth