Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts as I see them:

Healthy, fit, grown man missing.
No crime scene.
No body.
No blood.
Left his wallet home.
Was in the neighborhood but passed by to go elsewhere.
Cell phone deactivates.

Had (surprisingly?) little cell phone activity earlier that day that despite leaving work early, heading home and it being the Friday before a "holiday" weekend.

Arrow Scrap Metal also recycles electronics, i.e. computer harddrives and cell phones, i.e. devices with traceable data.

"Prized" automobile found unharmed in a prominent space in a locale which would certainly be searched.

Locale where auto is found also is convenient to transportation to NYC in one direction, Montauk in the other.

The trunk of the auto, possibly containing the "tools of the missing man's trade", was swept clean.

LE has not determined a crime has been committed.

...So what is that all about? Got a wife and kid in Baltimore, Jack?

Why go to work at all? If he left his house at 4:30, he gets his greatest headstart right then by traveling an untold number of miles by car, train, plane before anyone is the wiser.

Which brings up another question. More and more people are chiming in on the FB page. Recently there have been a bunch of union people coming forward. One in particular that works in payroll said the work day is 7-2. If that is fact, why is Rob leaving his house at 4:30am? If he drives at that hour he's at work in an hour. Hour and a half tops. I'd argue an hour. Why is he leaving at 4:30?

It was reported he left early that day very early after his disappearance.

Maybe the conversation with IM on the phone in the morning set him on edge and he just decided to go. Maybe he's a quiet guy who hates confrontation and it had been getting too uncomfortable for him.

Like with Nicholas Francisco, if you take along your car, they'll be looking for it. If you leave it behind because you bought a new one in cash or took a bus somewhere, the breadcrumbs are much harder to find.

Bunnyhop-- re post 153-- agreed-- and to take a step (or a hop ) further--we have all asked some pretty good questions in here that I am certain are being filtered to FB--and said questions have not been answered--questions that would assist in identifying RM and/or finding locations where he might be.

Clemenza-- RM may have left early to grab morning cawfee or to get there early to set up work for the day b/c the crew clocks in

It was reported he left early that day very early after his disappearance.

Maybe the conversation with IM on the phone in the morning set him on edge and he just decided to go. Maybe he's a quiet guy who hates confrontation and it had been getting too uncomfortable for him.

Like with Nicholas Francisco, if you take along your car, they'll be looking for it. If you leave it behind because you bought a new one in cash or took a bus somewhere, the breadcrumbs are much harder to find.

Cat, yes. IM did state that he left for work early in the morning. So early, that she did not say goodbye. She has also said he may be unshaven, as, he was late to work.
Ive asked this before...if he left at 4:30-5:00, why would he be late?
From dix hills to brooklyn is an hour tops, at that time of the day.

:scared:

Jerry516-- unless RM went there b/c he would be remembered

...or maybe he went there because he didnt need ID and the possibility of anyone finding out he was there was slim since....his wife had no idea he was cashing in at a scrap yard.

Cat, yes. IM did state that he left for work early in the morning. So early, that she did not say goodbye. She has also said he may be unshaven, as, he was late to work.
Ive asked this before...if he left at 4:30-5:00, why would he be late?
From dix hills to brooklyn is an hour tops, at that time of the day.

:scared:

Like the rest of them, million dollar questions. Maybe he pretended he had a meeting and met someone for coffee or breakfast. Maybe there was an early meeting and she knew he was rustling around but didn't actually speak to him.

Bunnyhop-- re post 153-- agreed-- and to take a step (or a hop ) further--we have all asked some pretty good questions in here that I am certain are being filtered to FB--and said questions have not been answered--questions that would assist in identifying RM and/or finding locations where he might be.

Well, isn't that convenient?
Ask me no questions and I'll you no lies.
:silenced:

Clemenza-- RM may have left early to grab morning cawfee or to get there early to set up work for the day b/c the crew clocks in

Or maybe he left early to "get ready". Clear his trunk, take a small bag, take his time, tie up loose ends etc.

As you stated in your previous post, we basically are getting all of our info from one source, IM. And whatever we get is just not specific enough.

This scrap yard is another example. As you mentioned, Was he really there that day? Couldnt Arrow employees have easily mixed up the days, maybe it was Thurs, or Wed when they saw him? Remember, they were interviewed (supposedly) about 3 weeks after the disappearnce. And unless IM has some dated and time stamped documentation of this supposedly "minimal transaction", I have my doubts about what any of those people at Arrow state as truth.

And as I mentioned before, way too many questions----was RM's car really seen at the worksite? What if he did take the train this particular morning for whatever reason, even though he hated it? It would certainly explain that great parking spot he had! What if the seat was pulled up because he was getting a tool box out of the back before getting on the train? What if the co-workers just assumed he had his car because he always did?

Too many ifs, buts, and way too many questions.....and even the answers we do get are minimal and not concrete enough for me. It just makes me feel like posting scenarios (and God knows I have posted about 100 of them) completely fruitless.:banghead:

Hi Jer :seeya:

You know I love you :blushing:

Why have any of us come here?
We come because of a case. A case that makes us wonder.

Sometimes, it's in our own backyard. We become curious and we want answers.

I first came here for Mickey Shunick. When I read about her, I wanted answers.

I came here for Lauren Spierer. She was from my "backyard". A co-worker went to HS with her, I heard it first from him.

I came here for Elizabeth and Lyric in Iowa. I still want answers.

Now I came for Rob.

Most of us want answers and we want to see justice.

It can be VERY frustrating. And yet we go on.

It could be a child, an adult, one of our own family members.
That's why we're here.

I'll admit, some have morbid curiosity, but most here want answers.

:rant:

I have question that just occurred to me. (light bulb)

How do we know he left at 4:30 AM????

:truce:

eta: who knew? Were there witnesses?

What if............
RM got himself into a bit trouble.
Wife says u need to disappear its the only way to keep you safe. you need to vanish.
This way RM stays alive even if he cant be with his family and once this goes cold the family can one day venture out and spend time with him in another location.
Its been done before!

I'm a private person. But if any of my loved ones disappeared I wouldn't need a thousand strangers on a Facebook page to get the media to pay attention.

FWIW

Hi Jer :seeya:

You know I love you :blushing:

Why have any of us come here?
We come because of a case. A case that makes us wonder.

Sometimes, it's in our own backyard. We become curious and we want answers.

I first came here for Mickey Shunick. When I read about her, I wanted answers.

I came here for Lauren Spierer. She was from my "backyard". A co-worker went to HS with her, I heard it first from him.

I came here for Elizabeth and Lyric in Iowa. I still want answers.

Now I came for Rob.

Most of us want answers and we want to see justice.

It can be VERY frustrating. And yet we go on.

It could be a child, an adult, one of our own family members.
That's why we're here.

I'll admit, some have morbid curiosity, but most here want answers.

:rant:

I came for a case that reminds me of this one.....The McStays.

Why go to work at all? If he left his house at 4:30, he gets his greatest headstart right then by traveling an untold number of miles by car, train, plane before anyone is the wiser.

Which brings up another question. More and more people are chiming in on the FB page. Recently there have been a bunch of union people coming forward. One in particular that works in payroll said the work day is 7-2. If that is fact, why is Rob leaving his house at 4:30am? If he drives at that hour he's at work in an hour. Hour and a half tops. I'd argue an hour. Why is he leaving at 4:30?

How do we know he left at 4:30?

What if............
RM got himself into a bit trouble.
Wife says u need to disappear its the only way to keep you safe. you need to vanish.
This way RM stays alive even if he cant be with his family and once this goes cold the family can one day venture out and spend time with him in another location.
Its been done before!

Speculation only..based on all I have read, in the many locations I can read stuff....I think one of these two situations is closest to the truth about what happened. Unless LE offers something else up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth