NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT my husband went to took off on his own to avoid revenge for something, or "they" got him before he could do so, when I told him.

OMG Mom, I deleted "can electricians go postal" from my post. Wanted to stay serious. LOL.

A pizza "pie" in the south is just a pizza. Never a pizza pie.

It does make sense that rte 110 near Melville would be about 30 mins to scarp yard, so that puts him at scrap yard right on time, 2:15.

But we are talking LI here, not the sticks of PA, there is no way he didn't get a signal or Another ping during this hour.
I'm not sure i snipped this quote correctly... I don't think it would take 30 minutes to get from Melville to Arrow Scrap. If the phone pinged at 1:45 in Melville, lets assume it is the furthest north point in Melville. Even from there, if he was to get on Pinelawn Road and take that to Kean in West Babylon, it can't take more than 15 minutes. Even if you were to go down 110 and turn east on Conklin to Pinelawn, it still wouldn't take 30 minutes. So this makes me wonder did he stop somewhere else before he stopped at Arrow. I also find it hard to believe the phone didn't ping again in that area. I drove down Kean today and purposely checked my phone to make sure I had a good strong signal...it did. Have no idea if that matters as far as "pinging" goes though.

I'm not sure i snipped this quote correctly... I don't think it would take 30 minutes to get from Melville to Arrow Scrap. If the phone pinged at 1:45 in Melville, lets assume it is the furthest north point in Melville. Even from there, if he was to get on Pinelawn Road and take that to Kean in West Babylon, it can't take more than 15 minutes. Even if you were to go down 110 and turn east on Conklin to Pinelawn, it still wouldn't take 30 minutes. So this makes me wonder did he stop somewhere else before he stopped at Arrow. I also find it hard to believe the phone didn't ping again in that area. I drove down Kean today and purposely checked my phone to make sure I had a good strong signal...it did. Have no idea if that matters as far as "pinging" goes though.

Agree on both points.
:banghead:

The gentleman asked about a "Pizza pie"
In the south we just call them Pizzas

Thanks for clarifying. Did you hear his accent? It would stand out in Alabama.
FWIW, here in NY we do use the word pie to refer to pizza.
For example; In a restaurant I might ask "what kind of pizza do you have? OK, I'll have a small pie".

What kind of restaurant was it?

You are right Clemenza, we have very few facts, and even the ones we do have are questionable.

Someone said it before, it may be a simple case from day 1, and the public has been played all along.

What it boils down to is that we are really getting info from one source.
:twocents:

The gentleman asked about a "Pizza pie"
In the south we just call them Pizzas

Interesting! I didn't realize this until now. I do only say "pie" when ordering one at an Italian restaurant (or, pizza parlor).

And re--THE CAR -- where was the passenger seat???? Did they get any DNA off the bottles?? water inside--brand--or the kind you refill like Camelbak or that go on the bike--

welcome Mrs Columbo!!!! I agree what is NOT being said and who is NOT talking tells alot IMO--LE could be keeping media on a short leash.
OR--sadly--a man missing on LI isn't as compelling as missing women and children

Who is telling us the phone didn't ping after 1:45? The same people telling us the video doesn't exist?

Sorry... I didn't mean to sound flippant. But, why do we selectively take some statements to be fact and others to be false. What authority is telling us when the last ping was. It is "as told" to msm.

Agreed.

Here is my problem with the 2:45 dead phone theory --and I don't know enough about phone pings but lets touch on this for the 100th time. And I don't even know if this is relevant anymore due to his being "confirmed" at the scrap yard at 2:15.

IM claims Phone died at 2:45. But last ping was 1:45 in Melville. If the phone was on during this time why didn't it ping? From what I quickly researched, a phone pings every few minutes at the most. So in essence, the phone actually died or was disengaged closer to 1:45, not 2:45, correct?

Who is telling us the phone didn't ping after 1:45? The same people telling us the video doesn't exist?

Sorry... I didn't mean to sound flippant. But, why do we selectively take some statements to be fact and others to be false. What authority is telling us when the last ping was. It is "as told" to msm.

My point exactly...if we are not being provided with all the information for a valid reason then it makes sense that we wouldn't know about the rest of the pings.

Quite frankly, and MOO, I don't know what to consider "fact". All I know is RM is missing. LE has made no statement.

We are basically going by what we read on FB, and news that gets it's source from whom?

It has been "reported";
1. He's missing.
2. He was seen at work that day.
3. Cell was pinged.
4. He went to Arrow. (no video)
5. Car was found at station.

We can speculate all we want, but really we know very little.

The first thread has some interesting posts. There is more than 1 poster talking about about video on his street @2:45. :twocents:

Absolutely true!
That, in itself, is frustrating.
I cant remember a case where ALL and ONLY info is from spouse.
Not one friend has been interviewed on by media? His boss? Workers? Cousin? Girl that serves him at diner? Mechanic? NOONE??

Is there a red flag smiley?!?!:scared:

Sorry Mom....I deleted my post because I thought it might be insensitive. I will put it back so that you don't look like you're nuts. LOL This was originally posted after BunnyHop's.

We can really get as cynical as we allow ourselves to be. I just had to chuckle as I look at this very brief list of "facts". Who reported that he was seen at work that day? Was he? We KNOW he's missing. Has ANY information come from ANY other source than Ida? Did we see an investigative reporter interview an employee that says he saw Rob? Have we seen an interview with a neighbor? Have we seen an interview with a scrap yard employee that says Rob was there? Have we heard an interview with a friend/sibling/cousin/parent? Have we heard from ANYONE other than Ida? She is the only source of all information. So, WE only know what she wants us to know. Obviously, LE has their own means of acquiring information.

Haha! I thought i was nuts!

I think its just the way it is... Not insensitive.

Haha! I thought i was nuts!

I think its just the way it is... Not insensitive.

With the crazy amount of traffic on 110 during the day, construction, volume of cars, etc.... it is very plausible 30 mins went by. Remember, a ping is an approximate area, he could have been VERY NORTH, over Jericho Tpke for all we know. 110 is a nightmare depending on the day and time of day. Also, its not an exact science, as he may have stopped at the drive thru for a quick bite, perhaps got gas, ran an errand, or did something else that may have consumed 10-15 mins. He must have been North for some reason, some errand, etc..... if his direct route was the scrap yard, he would have perhaps too a different route.

My only point is, it is VERY PLAUSIBLE and fits the time line of 30 mins from Somewhere in the area of Rte 110 far north, to make be in West Babylon for 2:15. Remember, he was seen "somewhere around 2:15" at the scrap yard. I could have easily been anywhere from 2--2:30.

If an iphone is powered down does it still ping?
What if he did that, for whatever reason, while he made a pit stop somewhere?
I know IM says he was not techy but...maybe he was with his phone?!

There are plenty of shady areas north of 495. There are a few scrap yards, tons of mechanics, welders, electrical contractors and so many other places he could have stopped.

My own opinion is that there is confusion over when the phone "pinged" and when those pings hit enough cell towers to get a specific location. I think at 1:45 he was near enough to several towers to get a location. Just looked at a cell tower map and it seems that Huntington station has several towers located nearby but as one heads south to Deer Park there is not.

http://www.airwavestrategies.com/cell-phone-tower-map.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member