NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Clemenza--------I am sure its an untold relief to IM and family.

My thoughts and prayers to and for the young man who is dead and for his family.

Not sure if there's an introduction thread, but I have been reading here since Trenton Duckett. Registered back in 2012, finally decided to post.
First let me say this group is great.Everyone is here because they care, and have no ulterior motive
My hubby was recently diagnosed with cancer we live in a small town in the south,and have to travel daily to a larger area for treatment, after treatment we usually
eat at a different place daily. I have been reading on the Robert Mayer thread since it began... The last week of June15th, our first week of treatment we went to a little restaurant for lunch.
I was sitting with my back to the The door ..
This guy walks in and I said to myseIf..I know him from somewhere? I kept looking at him,. He sat at the table right behind us facing me, I kept looking at him
Then it hit me, this looks like RM. So I pulled out my phone went on the thread and looked at His picture..
This guy did not have the longer hair style,but it was not close cropped either.... Her had on a baseball type cap that said world trade center, I wont say the color..
I was talking with my hubby about a friend who had just left New York, after visiting the world trade center, when I looked up again this guy had taken the cap off,
And laid it on the seat. Coincidence? maybe?
I did not tell my husband at the moment, but showed him the picture from the thread and he knows I'm nosey .......when we left the guy was still there.
I don't recall a wedding ring, but he appeared to be interested in 2 very pretty ladies sitting to the right of him. Yes,Typical man.
He was dressed in blue jeans and looked like he was on lunch break from a job, I recall thinking construction worker? We went outside and waited a bit, But he did not come out.
I wanted to see what type of vehicle he was driving. I did scan the parking lot for tags but didn't want to appear obvious..... or crazy.iykwim
We have been there several times since and haven't seen him again..
I would like to know if anyone knows if he owned a baseball cap with the world trade center on it, and what color it was?
I wish I would have paid closer attention to his fingers as it was stated somewhere that he had a shorter index finger? I read this afterward..

We are heading back to the place today.I will ask if the waitress remembers the guy...
Debating if I should call this in, again I am not positive,if anyone has Contact with his wife could they ask if he has the cap as the color and theme was unique...
Again this place is great and the mentality is amazing

I guess its too soon to have any info on the body found???

I find it weird that LE is asking for the publics help identifying this person when they have not publicly given any description, his age or clothing, nothing.

I was going to move some of the pictures to this thread but I cant figure out how to do it. Any suggestions?

Download them first, then upload from your computer to ws, if the fb group are okay with having them posted here. Try right clicking on image to download.

Welcome Topsngirl!! I'll ask over in RM FB Group.

So let me get this right? We are sure 100% that Arrow is the last place he was seen?????????

WELCOME to the forum Topdngirl. Glad you registered and are now posting.
Will you please clarify to date (day) you observed the man in the cafe?
Had you seem a photo of RM already at that time? or Did you see RM's photo after the fact and recall the man you observed looked like him?
Was the cafe near an interstate/major highway? or "off the beaten path"?

Ramswon1 - I do not really think we would be able to say that "we are sure 100%" about anything in this case. Saying that, the "official report" (quoted in both MSM and by RM's wife) is that Arrow is the last place he was reported to be seen.

There has been discussion of a video on or near his street the day he went missing - but that fact has not been confirmed by LE, MSM or RM's wife.

@Topdngirl, when did you see this person?
What state?

I am trying to recall the exact day. It was the first few days after we first went to the area....His first treatment was 6/11 so it had to be either Friday 6/12,
or Monday 6/15, trying to recall the exact day.

Also, please ask if he has ever been to or has family in Alabama.
heading out now,will check in later.

I am trying to recall the exact day. It was the first few days after we first went to the area....His first treatment was 6/11 so it had to be either Friday 6/12,

Welcome to posting, topdngirl! By chance did you hear him speak and note his accent?

WELCOME to the forum Topdngirl. Glad you registered and are now posting.
Will you please clarify to date (day) you observed the man in the cafe?
Had you seem a photo of RM already at that time? or Did you see RM's photo after the fact and recall the man you observed looked like him?
Was the cafe near an interstate/major highway? or "off the beaten path"?

Ramswon1 - I do not really think we would be able to say that "we are sure 100%" about anything in this case. Saying that, the "official report" (quoted in both MSM and by RM's wife) is that Arrow is the last place he was reported to be seen.

There has been discussion of a video on or near his street the day he went missing - but that fact has not been confirmed by LE, MSM or RM's wife.

So RM wife is steadfast in her comment that ARROW was the last place he was seen?

You probably mean Friday 6/14 or Monday 6/17.

Thanks for posting!

I thought it interesting how it was reported as... "everything missing from the trunk". Wondering what that really means? What is usually in the trunk, that is now missing". As par, no particulars were given. :banghead:

That is an interesting choice of words...

"Everything missing from trunk" .... Means IMO something different than... Say...

"Trunk found empty"...

I wonder if IM is familiar with items usually carried in the trunk... If anything...

JMO

"everything missing" from the trunk of THE CAR------hhhmmmmmm---did RM keep usual stuff--jumper cables, washer fluid, rags, spare tire, ice scraper/brush ?????? ANd those things are missing?? Was it stated where his tools are??? The ones he works with not home ones. If they are not on the job, then he planned to leave---has he been replaced at the job-site in Brooklyn?

All good questions!

I wonder if he did have items he kept in his trunk usually... Like..

Golf clubs, ice scraper, spare tire... Etc...

I would think he wouldn't keep his work tools in the trunk of this car... Since tools can get messy/greasy/etc... And he wished to keep his car so protected...

But I wonder if his work tools are missing, too?

And if he has been replaced at his job?

JMO

I thought it interesting how it was reported as... "everything missing from the trunk". Wondering what that really means? What is usually in the trunk, that is now missing". As par, no particulars were given. :banghead:

An article on the Long Island Press website (8/2), states: "...the trunk, where Mayer typically would keep his tools, lunchbox and water bottles, was empty; the latter found on the front seat."

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013...sband-and-father-still-missing-after-7-weeks/

I have permission from the facebook group. When I try to insert a photo, it asks for the url of the picture. I have it saved to my desktop, no url. When I try to copy and paste, it does not work either. Suggestions?

You have to upload it to a file sharing host such as photobucket. It's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth