NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe 4-5 minutes is what was said...could it not be as someone mentioned before that someone simply misread this?

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

I specifically remember it being 45 minutes because posters discussed the length of time they talked -- it was about the trip to Italy that IM planned and purchased the tickets. <modsnip>.

I don't feel like there will be a happy ending for Rob and family...just hoping there IS an ending. Way too many cases where the person is just never found, mind-boggling really. I can't even pass a body of water anymore, without assuming it hold victims of various manners of tragedy (and since being on WS and following so many hundreds of cases, I can't even think about going into a river, lake or ocean.) JMO

I specifically remember it being 45 minutes because posters discussed the length of time they talked -- it was about the trip to Italy that IM planned and purchased the tickets. Most of us have been here since the beginning, and it wasn't a mass misinterpretation.

I agree, it was discussed. But where did the info originally come from? I've read and watched the News 12 interviews and nowhere do I see/hear 45 minutes.

I specifically remember it being 45 minutes because posters discussed the length of time they talked -- it was about the trip to Italy that IM planned and purchased the tickets. Most of us have been here since the beginning, and it wasn't a mass misinterpretation.

Now I am confused, as I thought the tickets for Italy had been cancelled a few days before he went missing, lol.

I think to say the "rhetoric" of IM being the only source is getting old is ridiculous. it's a very valid observation. IMs statements are inconsistant, yet it's ALL we have. I can completely understand IM being distraught and making mistakes, but I also understand she's a lawyer, and a smart woman. if she can't provide consiststant information she should hire a spokesperson to speak on the families behalf to eliminate these issues.

I don't think there RM would have needed to make noticeable changes in life for him to have been talking to/thinking about someone else. just as not everyone would respond to a dropped call the same, not everyone reacts the same way when starting new relationships. as for the car, he might have loved his car, but to believe it MUST have been foul play, because he left his beloved CAR behind, at a train station he didn't like... you'd have to believe he loved the car more than his children. if a man is willing to walk out on his family, then he's prolly willing to walk away from his vehicle too.

I feel like certain people are taking this case too personally, considering no one knows all the details I don't think it's fair to discount anyone's theories, somewhere in all of this, the truth has been discussed. only time will tell which truth it was, til then every theory is equally possible.

I hope that is not what you think I am doing...it is not my intention. I guess I would just like someone to give this woman the benefit of the doubt about something. When I read the boards, 99% of what. I read. (Okay maybe an exaggeration) is questioning every little thing this woman does like she is under investigation. Everyone needs to keep an open mind to all possibilities at this. Point...we dont have enough facts not to be. I just feel that everyone is open to all the possibilities EXCEPT the one that he didnt walk out and everything that IM has stated is the truth. If noone debated one another, and we all agreed, there would be no point in this discussion...we would have already marked it solved and move on...JMO

Usually, if I keep having a dropped call, etc., one of us will at least text and say call later or something. Even at work, on my cell, I have people calling or texting whether I can answer or not. It is strange to me that not one call or text came through to a business cell phone all day. Especially to a foreman as RM is...

MOO

I think it depends on his typical pattern of phone use. If he was a chatty type who called often or texted and all of a sudden there was silence, then there should be concern. In other words, he may not have been a phone guy. Perhaps he used it when he had to. Personally, I don't like talking on the phone and I'm not into texting. I find it disruptive sometimes. I usually get the calls when I need or want to concentrate or I'm about to head into the bathroom. lol

I don't feel like there will be a happy ending for Rob and family...just hoping there IS an ending. Way too many cases where the person is just never found, mind-boggling really. I can't even pass a body of water anymore, without assuming it hold victims of various manners of tragedy (and since being on WS and following so many hundreds of cases, I can't even think about going into a river, lake or ocean.) JMO

This is a strange case! Kinda like the McStay's who went out one evening with their two kids and haven't been seen since....

OT - interesting the way things affect a person - never thought about bodies of water the way you do....

The Indonesian tsunami a few years back put the kibosh I my going to Jersey shore.. perhaps in another life I got caught in one (tsunami) and that fear has been rekindled..

Wife and I used to jog when younger, just fast walk as we got older years though local wooded trails, run at night through the town - after watching the ID channel and being here on WS we don't do that anymore..

He could have gotten into another vehicle and he bad the other
Person park the car there's a to not be recognized by anyone he could have taken a taxi or got on a bus

I don't see why he would be concerned with secrecy if he just dropped his former life and disappeared. I can see someone taking off because their life is driving them crazy, but to have someone drive their car so no one would recognize them doesn't seem necessary to me. In other words, why would he care if someone recognizes him or him with another woman?

I will have to go through quite a few articles, and maybe even look on FB. I certainly could be mistaken, but I remember thinking: "That's a long time to be on the phone with someone, who's at work." I will look now, and if I can't find it, will apologize "to" IM. :blushing:

I can see a reporter hearing "4 to 5 minutes" as "45 minutes". IM has an accent, so maybe there was a misunderstanding.

Just a thought . .

I hope that is not what you think I am doing...it is not my intention. I guess I would just like someone to give this woman the benefit of the doubt about something. When I read the boards, 99% of what. I read. (Okay maybe an exaggeration) is questioning every little thing this woman does like she is under investigation. Everyone needs to keep an open mind to all possibilities at this. Point...we dont have enough facts not to be. I just feel that everyone is open to all the possibilities EXCEPT the one that he didnt walk out and everything that IM has stated is the truth. If noone debated one another, and we all agreed, there would be no point in this discussion...we would have already marked it solved and move on...JMO

my comment was not directed at one specific person. I just feel like when sleuthing theories started being mentioned on the FB fan page, and people over there were made aware of this discussion the tone of the conversation here suddenly changed.
there are no wrong thoughts/ideas/theories everyone has the same goal in mind FIND RM!
if anyone completely discounted any theory and wrote it off as "he just left, case closed" then we wouldn't still have so many people offering ideas 2 months later. I don't think IM is guilty of anything. I just don't feel like she's giving as much details as she can which is at the very least frustrating to those trying to genuinely help.

as for the 45 minute phone call, I recall the very lengthy conversation about it, unfortunately that was back in the days of the first FB page and we can't go back to see if that's where the info came from.

I wonder if the car was registered solely to him.
He could have taken it, and sold it for cash in another state or traded it in on his way to someplace else. If he left on his own, he seems to not want his family to even know if he is alive or dead, which is harsh, to say the least. If he wanted them to think he was dead, why not park near the ocean? Leave his shoes, etc. on the beach?

I don't feel like he left on his own. JMO obviously.

Maybe it was registered in his wife's name, so he wouldn't be able to sell, if he wanted to sell it?

Texting someone that IM did not approve of or like does not mean 1) it was a woman or 2) he was being unfaithful. It could have been a buddy of his that IM Didnt like because he tried to get RM to do something IM felt inappropriate, it could have been a family member or friend that is in constant trouble looking for help Repeatedly and IM was sick of it, or it could have just been someone that has a lot of drama in their life and IDA didnt want her husband getting sucked into it...we dont know, the possibilities are numerous. IMO I think it is unfair to IM, RM, and the investigation to assume anything..

I wonder if LE talked to this person he was texting?

Maybe it was registered in his wife's name, so he wouldn't be able to sell, if he wanted to sell it?

ohh that is very true...even if both names are on the title, if it says "and" and not "or" it would require both signatures.

If it wasn't for the six week difference, I would wonder if he ran off /met up with with Susan Jacobsen from CA, lol...her disappearance is equally mystifying.

What I would like to know is

Did he wear his work ID around his neck or did he have it in his wallet.
Did he get a duplicate license lately (can be easily checked)
Did IM check with Lost and Found at train station for cell phone etc
Did she hire a PI
Did RM get someone fired or did he have a problem with a worker

:please: Im praying he is found just have a bad feeling.

Good question. I hoped LE checked this out. RM could have been followed or ambushed in some way.

A local 3 payroll employee stated on FB that the work day is 7-2. Which to me brings up the question, why did he leave at 4:30am? At that time of day it's an hour to an hour and a half to Brooklyn. I'd argue an hour.

Maybe met someone or a group for breakfast at 6 am?

I agree, it was discussed at length in previous threads. Anyone can go back and read. :twocents:

Also discussed was planned trip to Italy. IM stated after Rob disappeared that the tickets were refunded.

What about another man? Maybe he knew hs wife could never understand.....so he just took off? Even though homosexual relationships are obviously more accepted these days, for a married man with children to "come out" is a bit more difficult for some men I would imagine. Maybe he didn't wanna live a lie anymore, but was too shamed to admit it to his family. She is old school Italian after all. Just a theory....

Interesting........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member