NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to FB, sorry! IM mentions tonight was the first night RM missed his son's band performance. Wasn't the band playing discussed in their last telephone conversation? So the band played or was supposed to play 9 weeks ago?

I think I found it:

"Their son, 15 years old, was playing guitar with his band on Saturday. Robbie had turned his son on to classic rock, and did a little drumming himself. He never missed one of his son’s concerts – he was extremely proud of his kids, and would need to get to the venue early to help set up the equipment as usual."

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...o-one-knows-where-he-is/news/2013/08/15/73123

I've been out of town for a week with no Internet access and was hoping I'd get back home to some new info on RM. the only new info, or rather,CHANGE in info, is the "dropped call" on that Friday morning. I find it strange that at no point prior to him leaving work did either of them shoot a text or call to complete the conversation. If that is true, it leads me to believe the tone of that 9 am call was not that wonderful IMO.
Personally, even if I'm furious at my husband over something that happened the night before, toward the end of the workday one of us will call, email or text just to make sure the kids afternoon plans are covered, what's for dinner, "hey I'm stopping at the store on the way home", etc. I can't imagine that isn't the norm among married people, especially with kids, it's just what you have to do.... Unless you really just don't want to anymore.
Can't believe in a week absolutely nothing more has come out. So so bizarre.

Back to FB, sorry! IM mentions tonight was the first night RM missed his son's band performance. Wasn't the band playing discussed in their last telephone conversation? So the band played or was supposed to play 9 weeks ago?
Just saw that IM post on FB. Ok I'm confused... The son was supposed to play the day after RMs disappearance. If RM was missing June 14 and the son played June 15 I would consider that the first missed performance not the one August 17. What the heck?!?

I think I found it:

"Their son, 15 years old, was playing guitar with his band on Saturday. Robbie had turned his son on to classic rock, and did a little drumming himself. He never missed one of his son’s concerts – he was extremely proud of his kids, and would need to get to the venue early to help set up the equipment as usual."

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...o-one-knows-where-he-is/news/2013/08/15/73123

Lol you found it! Been looking for it for 15 mins and finally found it but you got there first!
:p
However, I wonder if the first one was cancelled due to it being right after RM disappeared....hard to say though :(

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2

It's obvious that there is much more to this story than we really know. I feel that this was not a random act. he either was mixed up in something he should not have been or this guy ran away and started a new life. The disappearance is too clean so either it was being planned for a while or he was involved with something big.
What gets me is that LE does not suspect foul play or are they not saying something because they are investigating something big and that's a way to throw everyone off.
Also there are too many inconsistencies.

Supposed to. To my recollection, it didn't happen. At that point nothing else mattered, they were desperately searching for RM.

It's obvious that there is much more to this story than we really know. I feel that this was not a random act. he either was mixed up in something he should not have been or this guy ran away and started a new life. The disappearance is too clean so either it was being planned for a while or he was involved with something big.
What gets me is that LE does not suspect foul play or are they not saying something because they are investigating something big and that's a way to throw everyone off.

I agree essentially, though if this an attempt at fraud, the crime hasn't been committed yet.

BTW, It's post dawn and I'm not hearing any copters!

To me, I think it's more that they haven't found evidence of foul play, so they can't conclude it. No blood, no weapon or discharged bullets, no threats. Just an empty vehicle left left in a car-bloated train lot.

To me, I think it's more that they haven't found evidence of foul play, so they can't conclude it. No blood, no weapon or discharged bullets, no threats. Just an empty vehicle left left in a car-bloated train lot.

Agree with this too. There just isn't any indication of what is going here, that they are letting on,....yet.

Are we sure he wasn't there?

Wonder how the mega copter search at sunrise is going. Anyone see the birds in the air?

I am sitting here in the Sunday morning quiet of my home and wondering how on earth he's going to pull off a helicopter search at dawn and get around LI's helicopter flight rules? Not to mention scaring the bejesus out of anyone living in the proximity of the search.

The only helicopters I ever see overhead are medevacs. Thankfully.

I am sitting here in the Sunday morning quiet of my home and wondering how on earth he's going to pull off a helicopter search at dawn and get around LI's helicopter flight rules? Not to mention scaring the bejesus out of anyone living in the proximity of the search.

Seriously. I'm curious to see the posts later today, whether they be results, apologies or excuses. It's all so unrealistic. I can see having access to dogs, but the choppers is just a little too out there.

Wishing there was a Kramer icon with his hand zooming away from his head.

I have no idea. Well I do have ideas but....I know he didn't disappear willingly. At least according to the evidence. At this point, I wish he did. As time drags on it doesn't look good for Mr. Mayer.

When one of the FB page moderators created a petition for more media coverage (on or around 7/30, via www.thepetitionsite.com), she said:

"Although the police cannot officially say a crime was committed, there are reasons to believe that he may be endangered. Due to the ongoing investigation we cannot provide these details..."

On the National Center For Missing Persons website, RM is classified as "Endangered Missing".

The NamUs website (which is very LE driven/linked) does not list RM as "Endangered".

I'm not sure how RM is listed in the NCIC (FBI) database, because those records are not searchable by the general public.

Although LE has said very little in this case (via the media), I've never heard them say anything about "endangered", which would bring the investigation to an entirely different level.

Without divulging any details, IS RM "endangered"? Remember, "endangered" doesn't mean: "I have a bad feeling about this".

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/734/055/677/needed-news-to-report-on-missing-man-robert-mayer/

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/index.php?s=robert+mayer

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20818/0/

We don't really know what criteria is used to have "endangered" in NAMUS info. It could be based on how family presents case, IMO. No one wants to have their missing loved on listed as simply "missing" or worse, "runaway". JMO

From what I can gather from his posts, I don't think they are actual helicopters. They are some sort of flying cameras, for filming. JMO

From what I can gather from his posts, I don't think they are actual helicopters. They are some sort of flying cameras, for filming. JMO

LOL!!!! Okay that makes more sense.

I still don't think it happened but we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth