Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if they are upset do we?
We have not seen them nor heard from them.
And these are teens not little children... where were they during the searches?

Ida is everyones voice and im not buying everything she says!
sorry!

I have teenagers. They get upset when I get upset. And even when I get upset about stupid things. If I was upset about my husband, their father, being missing, I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that they would spill in the first 5 minutes.

And of course I know which one would spill first.

Then if they know anything at all---they will crack once school starts----their peers, teachers, coaches.

Eliza--do you think maybe its IM's reality that is being played out???? That she knows on one level what happened but her coping mechanism is to say "He disappeared" ???

I really don't know what she knows. I feel like she thinks he is dead and that he ran away from something. This I get from her words and from the searches being held in the woods.

She knows what his emotional state was on the phone that morning and in the week before.

We know squat.

I really don't know what she knows. I feel like she thinks he is dead and that he ran away from something. This I get from her words and from the searches being held in the woods.

She knows what his emotional state was on the phone that morning and in the week before.

We know squat.

I think that Ida thinks he's dead too.

No way in hell do those kids know where their father is.

My children get very upset when their mother is upset.

Can you imagine a child keeping a secret like that from their mother who is distraught crying every day?!

NFW.

who said she is crying?:twocents:

We know squat.

So do u think he killed himself?
Sad if that's what he did?
Over what a trip to Italy? Id hope not!

So I just asked Least Likely to Spill Teenager the hypothetical if dad left us and contacted you and told you not to tell me, would you tell me anyway question. After recovering from being appalled by the question the answer was a very quick "yes, definitely".

It is a scenario I consider very strongly. "Rob come home. You're important". Leaving all the items in the garage. Especially the money. IMO if he were running away he'd take the money. If a perp were in the garage, he'd take the money. I don't see a reasonable reason for anyone to leave the money. That along with the other personal items being left behind make me strongly consider suicide. JMO.

No idea. I don't know what to think anymore. Every scenario has a big fat gaping hole in it.

So I just asked Least Likely to Spill Teenager the hypothetical if dad left us and contacted you and told you not to tell me, would you tell me anyway question. After recovering from being appalled by the question the answer was a very quick "yes, definitely".

I don't doubt you, I do think it depends on the circumstances and which parent the child is closest to.

Now If I went missing and told my kids not to say anything to their dad I know they would Never say a word to him! My secret would be safe with them.

I don't doubt you, I do think it depends on the circumstances and which parent the child is closest to.

Now If I went missing and told my kids not to say anything to their dad I know they would Never say a word to him! My secret would be safe with them.

Wow! Nope mine would spill. The family unit means a lot to them.

It is a scenario I consider very strongly. "Rob come home. You're important". Leaving all the items in the garage. Especially the money. IMO if he were running away he'd take the money. If a perp were in the garage, he'd take the money. I don't see a reasonable reason for anyone to leave the money. That along with the other personal items being left behind make me strongly consider suicide. JMO.

I agree!
but id rather think him alive out there.

the car boggles me?

Hi to everyone. I have been following this case from the beginning as one of the "guests" that have just been lurking, reading. I have also been following the insanity on the fb page. I had typed up a very very long post the other day and then the "news" broke about the phone and wallet. I had always leaned towards NCNYs post being truth that he had been by home that afternoon. I think that the scrap yard is insignificant. He probably went regularly and if anything that company is a victim of a crime in terms of slander. On July 2 someone had posted a response on a post on IMs personal fb page stating "I thought the phone was found turned off for the weekend" That made me start to think that he wasn't a texter, wasn't a phone chatter and maybe did shut his phone off every Friday afternoon when he got home for the weekend. If that's the case it makes sense why it was found off at home, probably in the same drawer in the garage that he always kept it. I also believe that he left his wallet there when he came home that afternoon and that it wasn't forgotten in the morning. In terms of the bike I believe that it may have nothing to do with this and very well may have been missing prior to his disappearance. When this first started I found myself looking for RM everywhere I would go. Then over time I started to feel that he left on his own and wasn't going to be anywhere local. As time progressed though the inconsistencies started to seem much more shady to me. Like why did the phone call initially end with "goodbye I love you" and then turn to a dropped call. If he was really planning on leaving why would he show up home at a time that she was normally there? Why wasn't she there that one day if she is usually home at that time every day?? Were her phone records checked? Or just his? Did she receive a phone call before or during that time period? Or a text? He's home or he's gone. When I went over this whole thing with my friend the other day she had the same reaction.. He either left on his own.. Or maybe "someone" had something to do with his disappearance. I'm not sure if I can explain theories here that may include a "victim" as a suspect. I have a lot more thoughts but ill start there :)

If you would have phrased the question to be........
If I was to leave your dad and I told you not to tell him, would you tell him anyway?
Would the answer be the same?

EDIT:

Eileen730 and I had the same thoughts!! She beat me to it!

If you would have phrased the question to be........
If I was to leave your dad and I told you not to tell him, would you tell him anyway?
Would the answer be the same?

EDIT:

Eileen730 and I had the same thoughts!! She beat me to it!

The answer was yes. Without skipping a beat.

Could there be a third person in this relationship?
One that wanted Robert out of the picture?

I don't think we processed this theory could Ida have a BF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member