NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok...now I'm thinking out loud

i cant get on board with the foul play at the house. Are you telling me it is plausible for foul play AND clean up to have transpired within 10 minutes?

I cant get on board with the errands as he left his wallet and cash at home.

I cant get on board with the bike ride since he didnt change his clothes.

Code:

I'm not buying the dummy receipt scenario. I think he did sell copper wire. What I do wonder is how much does it take of copper wire to make 300 dollars. Seems like a lot, IMO.

It's a lot. I googled how much scrap you'd need to have to make $100 and $300. I forgot to mention that here. The prices go up and down but I got a general idea. Copper is worth much more than the other building metals, but you'd still need a LOT of it to make $300. Let me put it this way - $300 worth of ANY other metal would NOT fit in that car and/or trunk. Copper - MAYBE.

It did make me wonder exactly WHAT and how much he scrapped.

I should also mention that $300 doesn't seem like a 'minimal transaction' at a scrap yard AT ALL. Maybe what IM meant by that was that it was a minimal amount of money in their life, but after looking around online, it seems that $300 is often the max that a place like that will give you for scrapping a CAR. I saw $150-200 as the average for scrapping a car.

Again, copper is pricey, but the amount it would take to make $300 is still a lot. It seems like it'd be a larger amount than just 'scrap' - I'd think that the company would either want to use it, or scrap it themselves to recoup their own money.

i cant get on board with the foul play at the house. Are you telling me it is plausible for foul play AND clean up to have transpired within 10 minutes?

Well, if he met the foul play at the house, it doesn't mean it had to be cleaned in 10 minutes. His car was seen leaving in 10 minutes, but there was enough time for cleaning until 1 am when he was reported missing. Sure, this is just all just my opinion based on facts we had so far.

Well, if he met the foul play at the house, it doesn't mean it had to be cleaned in 10 minutes. His car was seen leaving in 10 minutes, but there was enough time for cleaning until 1 am when he was reported missing. Sure, this is just all just my opinion based on facts we had so far.

Right, he could have had a gun to his head and be forced to leave in his own car, with someone else driving, perhaps.

Looks about $3 - $3.25 per pound for bright scrape wire... so that's what, 100lbs!
How did he carry that and in what, and that's wasn't seen on CCTV?

Something doesn't make sense here...

I agree that 10 minutes is a very small window of time--but who knows how long RM may have been there? Video shows THE CAR (jazz hands y'all) not
a driver. Errands is what has been said--he was seen at work and at Arrow scrap yard. There is video tape of him making a transaction at Arrow. The content of the 9am phone call with IM is only verified by one source--anything could have been said including nothing-silence on both ends.
Bike ride has confused me too--lol----no way to tell how long the bike has been missing.

I should also mention that $300 doesn't seem like a 'minimal transaction' at a scrap yard AT ALL. Maybe what IM meant by that was that it was a minimal amount of money in their life, but after looking around online, it seems that $300 is often the max that a place like that will give you for scrapping a CAR. I saw $150-200 as the average for scrapping a car.

Again, copper is pricey, but the amount it would take to make $300 is still a lot. It seems like it'd be a larger amount than just 'scrap' - I'd think that the company would either want to use it, or scrap it themselves to recoup their own money.

Maybe whats custom is that scrap is brought in, weighed and when a customer hits a certain number of pounds or dollar figure is met, then customer is paid??? Maybe RM came say 4, 7 times combined all scrap and then got cash?? Believe me "minimal transaction" has had me stumped--I thought it meant minimum allowed by law for a residential transaction (to prove its not stolen from a job-site/sites).

I agree that 10 minutes is a very small window of time--but who knows how long RM may have been there? Video shows THE CAR (jazz hands y'all) not
a driver. Errands is what has been said--he was seen at work and at Arrow scrap yard. There is video tape of him making a transaction at Arrow. The content of the 9am phone call with IM is only verified by one source--anything could have been said including nothing-silence on both ends.
Bike ride has confused me too--lol----no way to tell how long the bike has been missing.

I thought the video showed A RED CAR. The conclusion we can come up with is that it was RM's car, but since only a portion of a red car was shown, it is not 100 percent that it was RM's red car. Common sense says yes, but everything is so strange that who knows, there could have been a different car involved..
IMOO.

Right, he could have had a gun to his head and be forced to leave in his own car, with someone else driving, perhaps.

I wouldn't like to explain exactly what I think happened, but in numerous missing persons' cases, it appears that they have met foul play exactly where they have been seen last.
Remember Abraham Shakespeare, Caylee Anthony, Elaina Steinfurth and the latest Willow Long. Their bodies have been also found in vicinity.

But again this is :moo:

How many cars does RM have in the household? How many cars are red?

IMOO.

Anything incriminating was probably deleted. Can the police get a copy of a person's texts even if they are deleted?

Since it's an iPhone, if the messages were sent through iMessage service, I don't believe they are stored anywhere but on the devices involved in the conversation (and the messages are encrypted so they can't be intercepted). If this is the case, then if they're deleted from the phone, they're gone. I posted some info about this on an earlier thread but I'm too lazy to go searching for it. (Actually, having computer problems so I need to take care of them. :stormingmad:)

TCG-- your post at 804----whispering "I was being snide and taking a lil' dig at the statement someone never spent a night away from home" I should be thoroughly ashamed of myself but I'll get over it. lol

OHH, I understand now--the 'overnight' sleep study. ;) As a medical thing I bet that wouldn't register as counting as staying away from home.

:seeya:
tcg

IMVOPO!

Robert Mayer came home like every other FRIDAY Placed his sheet where he places it every FRIDAY.... ready for the weekend!

Something happened to him in that garage!

I would love to know what other cars were seen driving past HIS house!
coming and going all day!

I just think that's what we're being told now. I think he left all his stuff on purpose....YK like things leak out a little at a time now the narrative is being changed to go the direction they want it to...to keep it in the news...to keep RM apprised of the fact that this is going to go on as long as you don't come home

TCG--your post at 916---well b/c you are nicer than I am you would miss my jab-lol. And keep on the snide train (lets say it the old "Soul Train" show and pour a little out for Don Cornelius----sssnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide train) it would be at least 2 nites---one for the study and then a follow up one with patient using machine to ensure its calibrated properly----I am sure I am repeating myself---we are hitting thread 9 stat.

Since it's an iPhone, if the messages were sent through iMessage service, I don't believe they are stored anywhere but on the devices involved in the conversation (and the messages are encrypted so they can't be intercepted). If this is the case, then if they're deleted from the phone, they're gone. I posted some info about this on an earlier thread but I'm too lazy to go searching for it. (Actually, having computer problems so I need to take care of them. :stormingmad:)

OHH, I understand now--the 'overnight' sleep study. ;) As a medical thing I bet that wouldn't register as counting as staying away from home.

:seeya:
tcg

Hey TCG I also am exp PC probs.....think its related????? Anybody else???? On this thread I mean???
Just cuz I'm paranoid don't make me wrong

Hey TCG I also am exp PC probs.....think its related????? Anybody else???? On this thread I mean???
Just cuz I'm paranoid don't make me wrong

Last month mine kept shutting off to "sleep mode"---it seemed really weird
but took it to the Geeks and all better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads