Not open for further replies.
go into the witness protection program?

what was his name
henry hill?

seems really boring for rm after living in a house that is
6,000 square feet and had two extensions put on for $75,000
in the last year. or so.

OT sorry, maybe Benny Hill. :blushing:

On the surface, any reasonable person who found the car would call IM first. And I think she would run over there immediately with the key once they told her it was locked. Then I am sure they opened it and went through it looking for a note, keys, or nothing else. I don't think this is suspicious at all, it's a very plausible sequence if events.....I think anyone would have done the same.

Do we know exactly what happened? Hardly. But I would like to think it was done innocently.

allegedly she called the cops at 1am to report him as a missing person.
so (lord knows what the real time was that the car was found at the train station)

i would imagine she drove there ... with a spare key
but..i would imagine she called the cops there too at that time.

Unless the family member/friend who located the car was LE and familiar with protocol. In that case, that person would call local LE immediately.

Great point mom! The brother in law who found it is with LE, so hopefully he was smart enough to not touch a possible crime scene. Lets hope he followed protocol and LE was first in the car to search it.

Lets remember too, going on 3 months and they are still holding the car.

IM and the family are considered victims.

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civl and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally, sleuthing family members that are not suspect is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.

Absolutely and posters here keep me hopping in defense of her per TOS all day every day.

However, to state that I believe that she didn't stumble upon the wallet and money in a drawer in the garage when RM was one hour late does not bash the victim (i.e. IM) in any way. And in this case, it is relevant to the case as per above.

IIRC the wallet was in a drawer, correct?
So she didnt stumble upon it...she looked for it and found it.

If, hypothetically speaking, i came home and my husbands car was home but He was not...i would call his cell phone. I would also look in the spot he usually keeps his wallet to see if it was there.

Does this make sense?

No it really doesn't make sense to me. Nothing does.

Leaving a wallet in a drawer in the garage is so outside of the scope of my own experience that I dare not speculate. I've said this before. Without knowing the context of the wallet being there and the everyday usage of the drawer(s) in the garage, its impossible for anyone to make an assumption about how they were found and what made IM look there.

I will say this though. In an interview it appeared to me that IM did indeed stumble upon the wallet just by what she said. It was awhile ago and maybe my interpretation would be different today than what it was then.

Something I was thinking about today that I don't think was discussed here much is the lunch pail.

It is the only other thing possibly identifiable besides the bike that's missing. I would think a detailed description of this item would have been released by now so that the 5 people on Long Island that know about this case can keep our eyes peeled for it.

I disagree. RM's case is not common knowledge on Long Island. The most widely read newspaper, Newsday, hasn't covered it at all. People are not talking about it over water coolers at work.

Several of my friends in RL know I follow missing persons cases and not one of them has mentioned it to me. I have discussed this case in depth to exactly 2 people and only because I brought it up. They knew none of the details we at WS know.

However, there is very good evidence that the family wants to keep it this way. As of a week or so ago there has been absolutely zero information and/or attempts to give this case recognition.

I also tend to agree. I also have not heard one person bring RM up in conversation, and I live right nearby! As far as newspapapers not covering this, something strange about that cause Newsday (LI paper) has often covered missing person stories, adults as well as children. Then I also had this thought: IF RM was so unhappy or something (affair, etc) that he just wanted to disappear, I wonder how he would feel if his story ends up on Geraldo or Nancy Grace ,etc??? Of course, I know that he has to assume responsibility for his actions IF in fact he did leave voluntarily. So I guess in that case, he shouldn't be too surprised. And IF he did leave on his own, & his kids don't know, that's pretty awful. It is hard not to know how to feel about RM, if he's a victim or a not too nice dad???

Great point mom! The brother in law who found it is with LE, so hopefully he was smart enough to not touch a possible crime scene. Lets hope he followed protocol and LE was first in the car to search it.

Lets remember too, going on 3 months and they are still holding the car.

i never heard THAT one
the b.i.l who is allegedly law enforcement found the car at the train station?

is this another FACT...oid....in this case?

how do you know they are still holding the car?
we don't receive any FACT....oids...... about the case ever.
its never in the news.

Something I was thinking about today that I don't think was discussed here much is the lunch pail.

It is the only other thing besides the bike that's missing. I would think a detailed description of this item would have been released by now so that the 5 people on Long Island that know about this case can keep our eyes peeled for it.

Interesting about the lunch pail being missing - would he take that with him if he's starting a new life? Though could hold allot of $$, maybe a few pictures of family too..

Regarding your "5 people on Long Island that know about this case can keep our eyes peeled for it". :floorlaugh:

i never heard THAT one

its never in the news.

Has it been confirmed who In Fact found the car?

i never heard THAT one

its never in the news.

Let me rephrase, as I didn't mean to state these as facts:

Last we heard, LE had the car.
I believe it was the family member that is LE that found the car---- but I'm not certain. This may not be accurate.

Sorry about that :facepalm:

i never heard THAT one

its never in the news.

Um, it is a fact yet the case is not old.

There are so many awesome Posters here....

Muchas Gracias to all.

:yourock:

True -
http://www.usmarshals.gov/duties/factsheets/witsec-2013.pdf

I wonder what happens if others in family don't want to go?

Or - RM could taken off on his own, self-style protection program.

I had the same question bouncing around in my head. My limited experience with WP is that it is common to take the entire family. I doubt if it were that serious, RM would take off (self style) and leave his family at risk.

Um, it is a fact yet the case is not old.

Robert went missing June 14. From a SAR point of view, it could be considered getting old. In my opinion it is no longer a live subject recovery sorry to say. From a case investigation it is well within the time frame of an active case.

With regard to the car, is it fact that LE still has it or that the LE family member discovered it....or both?

Do you agree that a more widespread search of the preserve is warranted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston