NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of stumped as to why anyone would go through the trouble of "planting" the wallet, cellphone and money.

Why not pocket the money and throw the wallet and cellphone in a dumpster?

I would think the "planter" would want to get those items as far from their possession as possible.

I'm not drinking this Kool-aid.

I don't see why it's so difficult to believe that this man pulled into his driveway and left his home willingly.

It's the most reasonable course of events, regardless of the source's difficulty providing consistent and accurate details.

What he did after he left that house, now that's the important thing, IMO. Because thats what changed the course of his life.

Everything before that is normal SOP stuff.

All of these implications that IM had him offed (which are fairly thinly veiled I might add) are difficult to imagine. I don't see a motive. I don't see LE seeing there is evidence of this either. Their behavior does not suggest it.

I'm pretty sure, IMO, it was RM who dropped off those items too, but where did he go after leaving the house without his wallet and phone? Why did he bother to drop them off? I'm stuck on that . . .

If it was a hit, maybe he was lured away from the house quickly on false pretenses. It seems too staged that he was the only one at that house on Friday afternoon, and nobody, I mean NOBODY, not even a neighbor, saw him. In those well-to-do houses over in Dix Hills, I am more than positive that there were neighbors or kids home, especially since school was not in full session yet.

I wonder if they have a landline. Was it possibie a call came in when he got home? Probably far-fetched, because LE would have found that call at that percise time when RM's car was seen in the driveway . .

I wonder if they have a landline. Was it possibie a call came in when he got home? Probably far-fetched, because LE would have found that call at that percise time when RM's car was seen in the driveway . .

I am curious what he did in those 10 minutes. It doesn't take that long to pull into the driveway and place the phone and wallet in drawers. What else did he come home for.

Oh and not sure who posted about RM's income but I can almost guarantee you he was making well over $100k, especially if he did side jobs.

Maybe the phone and the wallet with the money being put in these places gave Robert some time to get away without suspicion!

she thinks he came home then went out again and it wouldn't be far cause his wallet and phone are still here.

Just a thought!

as stated many times before, and I apoligize if this has been stated. Only 1 person is talking. Therefore we do not know that was RM spot from years ago. We do not know if the items were found in drawers in the garage. We do not know nothing has been taking from the house we do not know if any other cars were seen on th surveliance cameras.

as we see nobody I mean NOBODY besides IM is talking. That is odd in itself. I see multiple times from LE if you see or know anything please call us. The only person that is saying that is IM.
Why haven't work people talked. Unions are brotherhoods but yet no one is talking. Where is the sister and brother and mother? If this was my brother I would be screaming off buildings.

Going back to the beginning when IM says she was the last person who called him or he made a call to. How could that be, its a work phone. I am sure he gets alot of calls through out the day.

How come nervous energy all week NEVER came up before a week ago? It has always been said for 3 months that there is no reason for him to leave. Everything was great.

as stated many times before, and I apoligize if this has been stated. Only 1 person is talking. Therefore we do not know that was RM spot from years ago. We do not know if the items were found in drawers in the garage. We do not know nothing has been taking from the house we do not know if any other cars were seen on th surveliance cameras.

as we see nobody I mean NOBODY besides IM is talking. That is odd in itself. I see multiple times from LE if you see or know anything please call us. The only person that is saying that is IM.
Why haven't work people talked. Unions are brotherhoods but yet no one is talking. Where is the sister and brother and mother? If this was my brother I would be screaming off buildings.

Going back to the beginning when IM says she was the last person who called him or he made a call to. How could that be, its a work phone. I am sure he gets alot of calls through out the day.

How come nervous energy all week NEVER came up before a week ago? It has always been said for 3 months that there is no reason for him to leave. Everything was great.

I question the "work phone" and the work situation----odd that IM is the only one he spoke to on that work phone on that day---Fridays are generally busy days---materials are needed for the next week, status reports for projects and things pending, didn't he have an up-coming vacation that he needed time off for? Who would replace him as foreman for his vacation time away??? Did he even request the time off?????

Lots and lots of holes and silence.

Are we sure there were no other calls or just no more calls between the two of them?

Personally I believe he has another phone! JMO

Hmmm... No I don't think that would be motive enough in NYS. Especially if she paid for most of it, which she probably did.

Okay so let's say someone has a motive that he would possibly spill their deepest darkest secrets. This I can actually buy.

Why in the world would the car be placed at the train station, near his usual spot? How would anyone know his usual spot unless they actually saw him there in his usual spot before he went missing?

Mr. A commutes regularly via LIRR. I have no idea where in the world he parked his car TODAY. I would be far less inclined to know where he parked his car 5 YEARS AGO.

So the only person IMO who parked that car is RM. Or someone who has recently seen RM at the train station parked in or near that spot.

Need to go make the donuts. BBL to continue helping you all debunk this theory.

The house is worth alot more now than when first purchased--she is unemployed--and sell it --cash enough to buy something outright-and put $$ aside for kids.
People can lose their minds when it comes to money---I know of a young boy that inherited $50, 000 from his father's life insurance policy. A few of his uncles lined up to take him in--------just b/c they thought they would get some of that money.

where is the broken record Smiley Face???? Am fixating on that garage--I find it an odd place to leave important things like a wallet and a work phone (that should be on a charger and ready to use b/c well...its a work phone).
Is the garage that secure? To my view it doesn't look it----maybe its me........
Morning Cawfee! That face is right here - :deadhorse:
At first I thought it was an odd place, upon further :banghead: I came to the conclusion its not impossible for it to be his usual spot. If its his normal entry to the house - through the garage - he might unload there + lock garage on his way in. Could be just as secure as the home + his things are ready to go, whenever he exits by the same route. My opinion of his work phone = he shut that sucker off asap Fri. afternoons, not to be turned on til Mon. mornings (speculating on his usual routine) for the same reason, its a work phone. Its the weekend, work is done til Mon. morning + maybe he wants no work interruptions during his "off" time. JMO

Of course now we hear - BBM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/robert-mayer-missing_n_3915824.html
Roughly one week after Robert Mayer disappeared, one of his neighbors discovered the missing man's car had been captured by his security camera on the afternoon of his disappearance...

...The neighbor's video footage prompted Mayer's wife to search their home for clues. In a drawer, she found his cell phone, wallet and about $300 cash. All of the items had been with Mayer on the day of his disappearance, suggesting he or whoever had been driving his vehicle had placed them in the drawer. However, the fact that the items were found in the drawer is not particularly unusual, as his wife said it would not be abnormal for him to place those items there at the end of a work week.
Of course this brings up :worms:
because prior to this article we were under the impression the wallet was found at 4pm on June 14th.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #5
Rob’s wallet was found in the garage around 4pm on June 14th, after Ida realized he was late in coming home. At that time, $300.00 was also found in a drawer in the garage.
:hills:

While searching for other things, I ran across this -
http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/05/01/lost-not-found-how-some-missing-mentally-ill-never-return/
Shepherd is the only missing person Suffolk police alerted the media to in recent memory who wasn’t over the age of 64.
Much more at the link, explaining how that area handles MP cases. There's no connection with this particular MP other than its in the same area, but I found the article interesting. So I thought I would share. :lookingitup:

So taking all of what we know into account, the "worried look", driving home and putting the items in the usual places in the garage, leaving again and the car being found without the keys and the seat moved forward has me scratching my head.

The scenario that someone other RM would have put those items in a drawer and have been driving the car would assume that they did not know about the neighbors camera, would not stand out as odd if seen in the car and would know just where to put these items. Keeping family and extended family out, that would suggest someone with a very detailed knowledge of almost every aspect of RM's daily habits. Someone who had been with him a number of times at the end of a work week and had seem him put those items away. It would have also assumed that the person would have had a detailed knowledge of his wife's schedule with enough of a safety factor not to run into her as she came home.

"If" it was someone other than RM, that would explain getting in and out of the garage before his wife came home...and that would have been cutting it very close.

I often wonder what would have happened if she had been a few minutes early?
BBM - I have assumed from what we've been told thus far - typically IM would be home at this time of day. If this scenario (not saying I think this is what happened) played out, then I think "someone" would have to know she was NOT going to be at home that particular day at that particular time. JMO

While searching for other things, I ran across this -
http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/05/01/lost-not-found-how-some-missing-mentally-ill-never-return/

Much more at the link, explaining how that area handles MP cases. There's no connection with this particular MP other than its in the same area, but I found the article interesting. So I thought I would share. :lookingitup:

You quoted this from the article......

"Shepherd is the only missing person Suffolk police alerted the media to in recent memory who wasn’t over the age of 64."

But if you look at when the article was posted, it was May 1, 2013, which was about a month and a half Before Robert Mayer went missing.
Maybe I am misunderstanding why you posted that quote?

IMOO.

Morning Cawfee! That face is right here - :deadhorse:
At first I thought it was an odd place, upon further :banghead: I came to the conclusion its not impossible for it to be his usual spot. If its his normal entry to the house - through the garage - he might unload there + lock garage on his way in. Could be just as secure as the home + his things are ready to go, whenever he exits by the same route. My opinion of his work phone = he shut that sucker off asap Fri. afternoons, not to be turned on til Mon. mornings (speculating on his usual routine) for the same reason, its a work phone. Its the weekend, work is done til Mon. morning + maybe he wants no work interruptions during his "off" time. JMO

Of course now we hear - BBM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/12/robert-mayer-missing_n_3915824.html

Of course this brings up :worms:
because prior to this article we were under the impression the wallet was found at 4pm on June 14th.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NY NY - Robert Mayer, 46, Dix Hills, 14 Jun 2013 - #5
:hills:

shutting it off because it was the end of the work week doesn't make sense to me since IM said he used it for work and personal use and no other phone. IMO

I'm kind of stumped as to why anyone would go through the trouble of "planting" the wallet, cellphone and money.

Why not pocket the money and throw the wallet and cellphone in a dumpster?

I would think the "planter" would want to get those items as far from their possession as possible.

I'm not drinking this Kool-aid.

I don't see why it's so difficult to believe that this man pulled into his driveway and left his home willingly.

It's the most reasonable course of events, regardless of the source's difficulty providing consistent and accurate details.

What he did after he left that house, now that's the important thing, IMO. Because thats what changed the course of his life.

Everything before that is normal SOP stuff.

All of these implications that IM had him offed (which are fairly thinly veiled I might add) are difficult to imagine. I don't see a motive. I don't see LE seeing there is evidence of this either. Their behavior does not suggest it.

Phili- I couldn't agree more Ocs R and well you know....Seriously what speaks most to me are the little things ...if you can call them little....His Ray bans are missing along with his tools of the trade....also his phone wasn't put on a charger...something you would do even if you were having an ext. wknd. He wouldn't have left the wallet if he were running an errand.....he was leaving his life behind ...it's the only thing that fits here. And no offense but all the stuff I've read about pros ...they lie in wait and not where there are sec cams

BBM - I have assumed from what we've been told thus far - typically IM would be home at this time of day. If this scenario (not saying I think this is what happened) played out, then I think "someone" would have to know she was NOT going to be at home that particular day at that particular time. JMO

And to add--- that the kids probably would not be in the house either

You quoted this from the article......

"Shepherd is the only missing person Suffolk police alerted the media to in recent memory who wasn’t over the age of 64."

But if you look at when the article was posted, it was May 1, 2013, which was about a month and a half Before Robert Mayer went missing.
Maybe I am misunderstanding why you posted that quote?

IMOO.
I didn't want to quote a whole big chunk, so I snipped out that line, because much of the article dealt with Shepherd + mental illness + other things that weren't pertinent to RM. However there were several paragraphs specifically about the local area / LE / departments + how they in particular handle their MP cases. "To me" it summarized their (that area's) approach of when a typical healthy adult goes missing with no obvious signs of a crime / foul play. I know the article posted prior to RM going missing, but I didn't see / hear LE doing many media alerts in his case thus far. JMO
Or I have not had enough cawfee yet + it only makes sense to me. :facepalm:

Thanks Trackergd----love the insights and your level of knowledge.
From you have experienced is it logical for a body to be moved a few times???

Thankfully my experience is that 98% of those who attempt to dispose of a body tend to be stupid, inept or both. Thrown in a ditch, shallow grave that gets dug up by wildlife or wrapped in a rug/blanket/sheet and dumped in the open. On rare occasions, they might leave some markers if they want to revisit the site from time to time to see if it was disturbed.

(HINT TO LE - If you release a comment about looking at a particular site for a body, watch all of your suspects and see if one runs off to check a remote site)

They also tend not to carry a body very far off an access road or trail.

If this was mob related, we should be looking in the South Jersey Pine Barrens or in a concrete mixer.

:seeya: I have a question for you. Do you think being that it rained so heavy on June 13th-June 14th that is the reason the dogs did not get his scent.

Advisory Issued Against Bathing at 62 Suffolk Beaches Due to Heavy Rainfall.

5 beaches remain closed

Dr. James Tomarken, Commissioner of the Suffolk County Department of Health Services, has issued an advisory against bathing at 62 beaches due to the heavy rainfall that occurred overnight (from 6/13/13 to 6/14/13). The advisory is based on the potential that the presence of bacteria in excess of New York State standards will impact these areas

http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Suff...62-suffolk-beaches-due-to-heavy-rainfall.aspx

I would submit that rain on a parking lot would all but eliminate a scent considering that the skin cells would have been washed away and runoff from dripped oil, gas etc..would have washed over the spot.

:idea:
I question the "work phone" and the work situation----odd that IM is the only one he spoke to on that work phone on that day---Fridays are generally busy days---materials are needed for the next week, status reports for projects and things pending, didn't he have an up-coming vacation that he needed time off for? Who would replace him as foreman for his vacation time away??? Did he even request the time off?????

Lots and lots of holes and silence.

Doing the SIGN OF THE CROSS - Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2