NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: husband works in the same me
department. See link I just posted.

Just re-read your post - and realized you're asking about the supervisor of Mr. M? I believe that they're all in the same department - based on MSM reports, but I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're asking... :confused: (my bad)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife is an Industrial Training Supervisor in the tailoring department.

Reporter stated her husband is an Industrial Trainer Facilitator. May not be in the tailoring department. But if he works in the tailoring dept, then husband would answer to wife, she would be his supervisor.

IDK

Link not working for me, Kimi.

Breaking MSNBC: Authorities about to enter woods

Joyce Mitchell Is New York Prison Worker Questioned in Murderers' Escape, Sources Say - ABC News
Mitchell has worked at Clinton Correctional since 2010, according to the records, and supervises inmate work assignments.

A spokeswoman for the Department of Correction declined to comment.

Sources tell ABC News Mitchell was questioned yesterday. This afternoon, ABC News was turned away by local police from Mitchell’s house about an hour away from the maximum-security lockup.

Embedded video & More@Link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joyce-mitc...questioned-murderers-escape/story?id=31620712

Wife is an Industrial Training Supervisor in the tailoring department.

Reporter stated her husband is an Industrial Trainer Facilitator. May not be in the tailoring department. But if he works in the tailoring dept, then husband would answer to wife, she would be his supervisor.

IDK

Link not working for me, Kimi.

RBBM:
Sorry about that, epiphany. I went back and ETA with the original tweet and links. It should work now. :blushing:

The tailor shop:

He [former civilian employee for decades at CC] said the tailor shop at Clinton Correctional Facility has morning, afternoon and evening shifts.

A correction officer is stationed there on each shift to watch out for the safety of civilian employees.

Inmates are eager to get assigned to the tailor shop because the pay — prisoners can earn small amounts of money for various duties — is better there.

A committee decides which inmates get assigned to that shop and other jobs. O'Connell sat in on those meetings to offer his input as a substance-abuse counselor.

http://www.pressrepublican.com/news...cle_67e574ae-0de1-11e5-bf0d-0fe62f0e43a6.html

Breaking MSNBC: Authorities about to enter woods

Thanks for these updates!

Not sure why @MSNBC isn't posting anything on @twitter

My prayers are with LE -
:please: keep them safe (and I truly hope there aren't any civilians hurt, should this actually be what we think it is!)
:candle:

The press is inferring the female (and possibly the husband) employee is complicit, not the LE. If LE had anything on her or him, believe one or both would be in custody.

This is an international story in the making, the press are jockeying for readership. They still have hundreds more to interview.

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/9/8751483/prison-escape-manhunt
rbbm.
"There's this old saying in criminal justice that 'we have enough resources to catch anyone that we want in the United States; it's a matter of how important they are,'" says Bryce Peterson, a researcher with the Urban Institute who's written on prison escapes. (From 2009 to 2013, 10 inmates escaped from state custody in New York, but all of them were caught within 24 hours.)

"Generally speaking, the more high-profile and violent the inmates are who escape, the more likely they are to be captured."

That's partly because law enforcement puts more resources into catching high-profile escapees, including a full-court press from the marshals. But it's also because the more high-profile an escape, the more help law enforcement has from the public. And that can be a tremendously important factor in catching a fugitive"

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/9/8751483/...escape-manhunt
"In the short term, escapees essentially have three options for survival. They can rely on the help of family or accomplices. They can keep committing crimes — either robbing and burglarizing their way along an escape route, or taking hostages and holing themselves up within a house. Or they can live off the land for as long as possible — after all, it's summer in a rural area — and hope they can outlast the US marshals."

Why take the power tools with you? The power tools can be linked to someone or someplace. If they used someone for help once they were out they wouldn't care if that person was outed by leaving the tools behind unless they would be receiving additional help from that person. She was described as being somewhat cooperative.

I'm thinking a small well stocked underground bunker in the area somewhere.

The press is inferring the female (and possibly the husband) employee is complicit, not the LE. If LE had anything on her or him, believe one or both would be in custody.

This is an international story in the making, the press are jockeying for readership. They still have hundreds more to interview.

NY State Police confirmed the female civilian employee is a person of interest. That may change, of course.

Believe the woods referred to may be about 45-50 min from the CC Facility.

I read a report that they left their prison clothes behind. Did they or did they leave someone else's dirty smelly prison clothes behind to throw off the hounds? If hounds can't track them they used a vehicle.

".. Matt's only son told the Buffalo News that his father had a history of prison escapes.

"He has escaped before," Nicholas Harris, 23, of Angola, New York, was quoted as saying.

Matt fled upstate New York's Erie County Correctional Facility in 1986. He scaled a wall and gate topped with razor wire that slashed his forearms and remained on the loose for five days before he was caught at a family apartment in Tonawanda, New York, near Buffalo, his son told the newspaper.

'IT'S LIKE THEY CAN'T KILL HIM'

A decade later, to avoid arrest for the 1997 torture, murder and dismemberment of his boss in Tonawanda, Matt fled to Mexico, where he was soon locked up for a fatal barroom fight. He tried to escape, making it to the roof of a Mexican prison before he was shot in the shoulder, his son told the newspaper.

"This guy has bullet holes on his body. He's been shot like nine times. It's like they can't kill him," Harris was quoted as saying in the Buffalo News."

http://news.yahoo.com/convicted-kil...0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

Why take the power tools with you? The power tools can be linked to someone or someplace. If they used someone for help once they were out they wouldn't care if that person was outed by leaving the tools behind unless they would be receiving additional help from that person. She was described as being somewhat cooperative.

We don't know they have the power tools with them. The mouthpieces only think it, how could they know for sure? Both these guys have been there for y e a r s. Wonder if they took the stuff they accumulated over the years...such as pics and other stuff.

NOBODY has said 'boo' about power tools - we don't know if power tools were 'at the scene' - we don't know if power tools had been used over a lengthy time prior to the actual escape (but Gov. stated 'this took great planning'). No Way does anybody think that the 2 escapees took any power tools with them - that is ridiculous!

I am guessing that R. Matt is the 'brains' of this operation. We know Matt got that rich guy to bail him out of jail in the past & 'agree' to murder the rich guy's rich wife & fam' (Matt then outrageously went to police to blab, to get police to go easier on Matt for his other crimes!!). And we know once a jailer forgot to 'buzz' Matt's cell shut, so Matt ran for it, climbed a high wall covered with razor wire at the top - Matt got sliced up bad, but still got away for quite awhile !! And - euww - the 27 hr. 73 y old man duct-taped in trunk tale, and euwww - Matt 'snapping' the man's head euwww. And, apparently Matt was a victim of severe abuse himself, which makes for him later to become a victimizer/predator. I am believing that Matt is a 'ladies' man' cuz' he's sure had a lot of GF's over the years, except euwww - he shot one of those GF's WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT with his kid'.

The younger guy sounds just plain kinda crazy - dangerous crazy.

One more note - That 'retired head of detectives' who says Matt is 'well endowed' - omg............................... so that must be what that 'retired head of detectives' thinks women have tripping through their female heads ... LOL :notgood::hand:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1