NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waived and moved to county court.................

Ben Amey ‏@BenAmeyTV 55s56 seconds ago
Joyce Mitchell's attorney waives right to preliminary hearing. Case transferred to county court. Next court date TBD. #PrisonBreakNY

and i'm off my lovelies.........to post tweets for the bench trial mentioned and then to post tweets for the mcstay hearing.......

will catch up later friends :seeya:

My age might be showing here :blushing:, but there is a very funny episode of I Love Lucy called The Séance with a "character" named Tillie. I think about it every time JM is referred to as "Tillie".

[video=youtube;qVjKq4UaE7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVjKq4UaE7o[/video]

Keshia Clukey ‏@KClukey_TU 5m5 minutes ago

Clinton County DA Wylie: search costing about $1M a day #PrisonBreakNY
1 retweet 0 favorites

buzzed back to drop off this tweet.......i knew i had heard the 1M number somewhere when i posted that yesterday :seeya:

The communication about the escape is so strange. There doesn't seem to be any coordinated comms effort. Cuomo occasionally blurts something out to the media. The DA Wiley seems to speak one-off to various reporters on an ad hoc basis. The prison says nothing (they're too busy doing CYA and being shamed, IMO), nor does the NYSP.

So it seems like most info is from unauthorized sources talking to various reporters, or from the DA when he runs into a reporter and chats. It's all so strange to me. And the whole "they were going to kill the husband" thing is still unconfirmed, and NOT mentioned by the DA as far as I can tell. And that's a very significant data point. So where is this stuff coming from? Sources like the NY Post don't carry a lot of credibility in my book.

Doesn't it seem weird that there's no official communication effort? Why is the DA chatting to reporters? I hope their search is more coordinated and comprehensive than their comms.

ETA: I just saw Wylie interviewed by Carol Costello on CNN. He said there are no other future/pending arrests scheduled at this time. He would not comment about how many people are suspected to be involved in the escape. He had no comment about a "plan to kill her husband." They are "open to speak with" Lyle Mitchell about his involvement/knowledge. Joyce said she had spoken to him prior to her arrest of her involvement.

The communication about the escape is so strange. There doesn't seem to be any coordinated comms effort. Cuomo occasionally blurts something out to the media. The DA Wiley seems to speak one-off to various reporters on an ad hoc basis. The prison says nothing (they're too busy doing CYA and being shamed, IMO), nor does the NYSP.

So it seems like most info is from unauthorized sources talking to various reporters, or from the DA when he runs into a reporter and chats. It's all so strange to me. And the whole "they were going to kill the husband" thing is still unconfirmed, and NOT mentioned by the DA as far as I can tell. And that's a very significant data point. So where is this stuff coming from? Sources like the NY Post don't carry a lot of credibility in my book.

Doesn't it seem weird that there's no official communication effort? Why is the DA chatting to reporters? I hope their search is more coordinated and comprehensive than their comms.

Agreed. Seems to me that it would be far more typical to have, say, a standing press conference/announcement every day at time(s) certain.

Surely seems to me that those charged with locating the two are without actionable information. The search, to me, is presently far less (if at all) about directly locating those guys... and really about finding evidence that may/will point to where they went.

I'm just trying to figure out why power tools were left lying around the prison, where prisoners could access them during the night. And...wouldn't prisoners be locked up at night?

I'm having a hard time with this too. If that is how they got to the power tools - used ones already in the prison and returned them each night - how did they make the initial cutouts in their cell walls? It's not adding up for me.

And further, why haven't we heard if whoever was responsible for locking up those tools each night has been fired, or questioned, or arrested for aiding?

Wiley is talking to the local WPTZ news (when he has time) concerning the perp's info regarding the prison breach . The NYSP will not speak to the media about the search. Completely understandable. DOC is far too busy with lock down, cell searches, their own investigation behind the wall, not to mention the outside search. Course, that's just my opinion.

Oh, my, now I don't feel so bad about my croc collection, if I'm keeping royal company! (True confessions -- in addition to my paint-splattered lavender pair, I also have a hot pink "streamline" pair, and fuzzy lined brown ones for winter!) :blushing: What can I say? They're comfortable and washable!
I don't have any clogs, but you should check out their dress shoe line. I have two pairs and they are the only heels I can wear for more than 30 minutes without pain.

CNN Interview with DA:

DA is open to speaking to Lyle

DA says no one is cleared

DA said saw the reports about murder plan, but has no comment on that

DA re borrowing the tools from contractors: No, when they were able to gain access to the bowels of the prison, they found tools that contractors had left there and/or?? were able to open the toolboxes for more tools

Are both of these guys in good health? Anyone know? Does either/both have any (chronic) health issues that would require medication/treatment?

Would it be unheard of for authorities to bite the bullet, so to speak, and make a deal with the fugitives ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28