NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about the cabin sighting and them running. The CO that saw them had to leave to report the sighting, so how long was he gone? And they may have returned to the cabin to get some of the items they left and trade out stuff...just a random thought.

Vanessa Misciagna ‏@VanessaWPTZ 2m2 minutes ago New York, USA

Sheriff: No evidence that Matt and Sweat are not together at this point #PrisonBreakNY
1 retweet 1 favorite

Vanessa Misciagna ‏@VanessaWPTZ 3m3 minutes ago

When asked if he thinks inmates are here Sheriff said they're following leads from Sat, no sightings since, but if here they will find them

I will bet you they won't come out alive. These two have no plans to go back to prison.

Bellmont is a town in Franklin County (NY). Owls Head and Mountain View are in Bellmont.

Thanks four4rock, any idea of how big this area is and is it moving closer to the border?

Vanessa Misciagna ‏@VanessaWPTZ 5m5 minutes ago New York, USA

Sheriff: No other reports of vandalism/break-ins at any other cabin in area, urges public to chk homes and report anything suspicious
0 retweets 0 favorites
Vanessa Misciagna ‏@VanessaWPTZ 8m8 minutes ago

Sheriff: In terms of technology, haven't turned any away, using every tool possible, but thinks it'll come down to old-fashioned police work

No reports of them having weapons. LE has been very quiet. Which IMO is a good indicator this will end soon.

As much as the observing audience would like more info as it evolves, I totally agree that LE's being silent is a sound strategy.

Thanks four4rock, any idea of how big this area is and is it moving closer to the border?

It is a pretty big area. Bellmont is not a town per se. The whole area is referred to as Bellmont ( and sometimes as Malone). So the Chateauguay lakes, Owl Heads, Mountain View and Indian Lake are considered all in Bellmont. Mountain View Lake and Indian Lake are connected. If they are heading towards the hamlet of Bellmont they are heading towards the border as well as the main town here in Franklin County, Malone Malone is crawling right now with news people so not sure why they would be headed there. They would be easily spotted.

It is a pretty big area. Bellmont is not a town per se. The whole area is referred to as Bellmont ( and sometimes as Malone). So the Chateauguay lakes, Owl Heads, Mountain View and Indian Lake are considered all in Bellmont. Mountain View Lake and Indian Lake are connected. If they are heading towards the hamlet of Bellmont they are heading towards the border as well as the main town here in Franklin County, Malone Malone is crawling right now with news people so not sure why they would be headed there. They would be easily spotted.

Thank you. Just trying to get a better idea, I looked at the map but it wasn't clear to me.

Thank you, four4rock! I can't imagine that they will come out of this alive. I just heard on CNN the interview with Jim Hill, Owls Head resident and trail expert, he understands that they are armed. Hope LE will confirm this at some point.

Has anyone noted how similar this escape was to the actual television show Prison Break? The method of escape was almost identical, minus the handsome prisoner. :blushing:

That's what I keep thinking! Prison Break was my favorite show.
I keep thinking back to the escape route and...the tattoos.

Thinking about the cabin sighting and them running. The CO that saw them had to leave to report the sighting, so how long was he gone? And they may have returned to the cabin to get some of the items they left and trade out stuff...just a random thought.

I'm surprised they left a duffle bag in plain sight on the front porch of that cabin; are they getting complacent or are they beginning to get mentally exhausted and careless? What happened to the duffle bag? Was it still there when the CO returned after contacting the authorities? Or did the escapees return to retrieve it?

I'm surprised they left a duffle bag in plain sight on the front porch of that cabin; are they getting complacent or are they beginning to get mentally exhausted and careless? What happened to the duffle bag? Was it still there when the CO returned after contacting the authorities? Or did the escapees return to retrieve it?

That's what I'm wondering too. If the guy was alone, on an ATV and had to leave to get cell service, they must have heard him leave or saw him go. Curious, isn't it?

Im guessing those 2 are going to be looking for a new place to hole up. I dont think they want to be parading around the woods very long.

They know they were spotted so they will look to hide out again. It worked very well for them until one of the owners showed up. So my guess is they are going to try to find the next available cabin or house. They need food and water and so a breakin is likely already happened or is going to happen very soon.

And once inside they are going to stay put until pushed out again.

Well I tried folks. I left. I came back. Nothing happened. That we know of. lol

:tyou: to those near the search area who are reporting here. The insiders' perspective is welcome and appreciated. :tyou:

I just checked a few I am following. Very quiet on the tweet front.

from the bottom up.........

Vanessa Misciagna ‏@VanessaWPTZ 3m3 minutes ago New York, USA

Sheriff confirmed alleged Titus Mtn sighting was inconclusive- said they exhausted the lead and turned out to be nothing #PrisonBreakNY

Retweets
Favorite
Casa Chichi
naomi
RQ Skye
John Hickey

10:37 AM - 23 Jun 2015 · Details
Tweet text
Reply to @VanessaWPTZ

Vanessa Misciagna ‏@VanessaWPTZ 5m5 minutes ago New York, USA

Sheriff Kevin Mulverhill says biggest challenge for law enforcement now is the size of then area they are trying to contain #PrisonBreakNY
0 retweets 1 favorite
Vanessa Misciagna ‏@VanessaWPTZ 14m14 minutes ago New York, USA

Franklin Co. Sheriff held impromptu press conf., said focus of today's search is Bellmont #PrisonBreakNY

I am taking this Sheriff's statements with a huge grain of salt.

He contradicts himself and when you read between the lines it is not that the sighting was not credible. It was just that LE did not find anything. Which doesnt mean the sighting was not them.

I am a little disappointed that with all the manpower and technology and resources being invested that the only real updates and help is when someone provides a sighting tip.

I was hoping heat seeking radar at night OR the dogs tracking them OR something would have generated their capture by now.

I dont understand why dogs could not have followed their exact trail from the last sighting. A good bloodhound should have been able to pull that off last night it would have seemed.

They need to fly in some good dogs if they dont have really good nosed and well trained dogs available.

Im guessing those 2 are going to be looking for a new place to hole up. I dont think they want to be parading around the woods very long.

They know they were spotted so they will look to hide out again. It worked very well for them until one of the owners showed up. So my guess is they are going to try to find the next available cabin or house. They need food and water and so a breakin is likely already happened or is going to happen very soon.

And once inside they are going to stay put until pushed out again.

Just heard on CNN that LE thinks one of the guys doesn't have shoes. That should slow him down a bit.

Just heard on CNN that LE thinks one of the guys doesn't have shoes. That should slow him down a bit.

He may have new boots he's stolen along the way. I can't imagine him being barefoot for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan