NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
geez! He buried some of the paintings and burned some of them? How many paintings did he get from Matt??

I wonder why he buried some, but burned others. Why not bury them all or burn them all at the same time? Did he bury some prior to the escape because part of the plan was for Sweat and Matt to dig them back up because they had info imbedded in them? Like a map to a cabin, for example?

Or maybe the "burned" ones had the info imbedded and were actually stashed in the Mobile dumpster for them, because wouldn't LE dig up the spot he claimed he buried them in to retrieve them?

Something is very fishy about his claim of both burying and burning. JMO

When I originally saw this photo of the steam pipe I assumed the wadded up green item was their prison clothing, but now I wonder if it was this "green cloth"?
635697030245215079-pipe.jpg

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...k-vermont--david-sweat-richard-matt/71117332/

Described in papers or by DA as "small green cloth item."

"Johnson Production Group, an entertainment studio that often makes Lifetime TV movies based on real-life news events, tells the celebrity gossip site that they're working on adapting the story. The made-for-TV movie would chronicle the escape, the search for the murderers and how prison worker Joyce Mitchell allegedly helped them.

There's an audience for "female crime thrillers," JPG told TMZ, and viewers might be especially interested in a story told from Mitchell's point of view."

<snip>

"Kirstie Alley even tweeted (probably not seriously) that Will Ferrell could even be cast as the female prison worker."

http://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2015/06/ny_prison_escape_movie_lifetime_casting.html

BBM - BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Yesterday I was out on the golf course. One of my golf mates and I were discussing this case. Our other golf gal has been in Europe for 3 weeks and just back so no clue about what we were discussing. She asked what movie we were discussing. It took me a bit to stop laughing considering the posts here on that very topic.

When I originally saw this photo of the steam pipe I assumed the wadded up green item was their prison clothing, but now I wonder if it was this "green cloth"?
635697030245215079-pipe.jpg

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...k-vermont--david-sweat-richard-matt/71117332/

Me too. Early on I read in an article that they left prison uniforms at the exit, I think. That would make sense as they would get dirty and then remove them at the exit area and leave in civilian clothing.

From looking at this pic and another of this hole a whole lot of times I think this is the first hole and not the exit hole, but I could be wrong. It's looks like a face mask and some metal looking tools as well as an extension cord there as well and the nice note. If this is in fact the exit hole then to me just from what I can see doesn't look like this cut was made from the inside of the pipe.

I've looked and looked for a pic of the other hole that they say was made in this pipe but can't find one, I only can find another angle of this same hole. I'd like to see a photo of the other hole.

Do we know whether Palmer had put in to take his "vacation" days prior to the escape, or was that done immediately after the cons broke out?

Do we know whether Palmer had put in to take his "vacation" days prior to the escape, or was that done immediately after the cons broke out?

I don't believe we know that. IIRC it was his daughter who said he was on vacation the day of the escape. Lemme' find that linky.

ETA: this link quotes attorney. Not daughter.

"Now in addition, his attorney said Gene Palmer was actually on vacation the night the two inmates escaped.
However, Palmer does live in a home just a few blocks away from here."

http://ksn.com/2015/06/21/ny-prison-guard-interviewed-about-escape/

Also, it must've been a vacation day, because he was home to warn his neighbor about the woods shortly after news of the escape. JMO

I don't believe we know that. IIRC it was his daughter who said he was on vacation the day of the escape. Lemme' find that linky.

"Now in addition, his attorney said Gene Palmer was actually on vacation the night the two inmates escaped.
However, Palmer does live in a home just a few blocks away from here."

RBBM

So on vacation the very same night they escaped. Hmm

From above link:

"He told his attorney he was scared that night, and that people inside the prison were shocked that something like this could happen."

Was it a hunting vacation fairly close by? :thinking:

RBBM

So on vacation the very same night they escaped. Hmm

A quick recap on GP:
Brought in tools for M&S to use
Allowed them access to catwalk
Brought them art supplies
Brought them meat which he did not run through metal detector
Was on vacation night of escape
Burned paintings/evidence (duh)

Did i miss anything?

Has there been mention of Matt/Sweat fellow inmates being interviewed by LE? I can't imagine that prisoners in the honor cell block were not aware of the dynamic duo's elaborate escape plan. I'm curious about who knew what was going to go down and how long beforehand they knew. Besides JM and GP, how many other prison staff were aware of the proposed escape? I'm also not convinced that Lyle didn't know what his wife was up to :waitasec: Was he really oblivious to what was happening in that cell block, or has his attorney advised him to literally "play dumb"?

A quick recap on GP:
Brought in tools for M&S to use
Allowed them access to catwalk
Brought them art supplies
Brought them meat which he did not run through metal detector
Was on vacation night of escape

Did i miss anything?

Accepted more than one painting as well as drawings from Matt

Burned some paintings and/or drawings

Buried the other paintings and/or drawings

Blamed Tillie for coercing, manipulating or wooing him and other employees by supplying him and other employees with baked goods

Had a trustee type of relationship with one or both cons that prob was not officially approved of by his admins and supervisors

I wonder how many other Max prisons are Lax that we just dont know about. I hope this is a wake up call. Beef up the budget and all employees go thru a detector. In and out. The simple procedures enforced would have prevented all this. All these millions now spent in the search!!!!! I wonder if there is ongoing training for Civilian workers as well as CO's. How astounding anyone would trust a murdering psychopath!

How many night shift CO were duped by these killers while they worked on the pipe?

Interesting no word from the Warden. Ever. Yet not. IMO once this Investigation is complete (of the prison) there will be some other folks gondy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413