NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep coming back to: what was IN IT for GP??? He didn't just fall off the turnip truck, he has been there for 28? years. It HAS to be money, but how?? One would think that after that much time spent in there, he wouldn't trust anyone as far as he could throw them. I don't doubt that he is a nice guy, but why risk his career and reputation to bend over backwards for these murderers? If not money, it had to be blackmail. JUST MY OPINION

if not blackmail -- threats to co's family?

If you don't help us we will tell them about this and this and this and that. Blackmail most foul IMO.

Being kind and respectful to inmates is one thing..COs are peace officers, after all.

Breaking protocol by handing over tools that could potentially be used as weapons, or in this case assist in an escape, is something else entirely.

Easily said but who knows? MOST of the inmates he probably interacted with wouldn't go as far as M and S.

<snip>

A longtime corrections officer has admitted to investigators that he smuggled a screwdriver and pliers into the prison and did other favors for Richard W. Matt, one of the escaped killers, in exchange for a dozen elaborate paintings and other drawings by him, according to court documents and a person with knowledge of the guard’s statements.

The officer, Gene Palmer, who has worked at the prison since 1987, told investigators that he even helped Mr. Matt mail one of the paintings, of the television character Tony Soprano, to a woman in Florida, who sold it on eBay for $2,000, according to the person with knowledge of Mr. Palmer’s statements.

<snip>

But Mr. Palmer’s entanglement in Mr. Matt’s painting career appeared even deeper. He helped mail the painting of Tony Soprano to a daughter, he told investigators, though it was unclear whether he was referring to Mr. Matt’s daughter or his own, the person with knowledge of his statements said. The person did not want to be identified while discussing the details of a continuing investigation.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/2...er-new-york-prison-escape.html?referrer=&_r=0

It sounds like Palmer and Matt were sending these paintings off to family members to sell on eBay.

Ahh yes. What I have been waiting for. I knew GP was making money somehow. Money makes the world go round. Selling paintings on their behalf. Pretty crafty. IMO

GP was selling the paintings on their behalf and taking a cut. They were in business together and maybe GP paid him some of the money. GP was breaking the law and Matt had that hanging over his head as blackmail to the jail. This was about making some money on the side. All we need is an ebay name for GP and check some history.
These inmates were not even allowed to show the CO's their work, let alone sell it.

Maybe it was painted by someone after the sighting - as a "high five" to the escapees?

I have no idea.

I kinda thought that. I'm new to this thread from others and trying to catch up. If they had so much inside help, there's no tellin who those guards worked with outside the prison to help set it up. I'm feeling there's more ppl involved and they aren't just hanging in the woods. Maybe the sayings are a way for those ppl to alert "the next person" of the next move or part of the plan. Knowing it will probably make the news or online in some way. If they were able to put together a plan that worked this extreme, I would imagine their plan once free was also quite elaborate and planned out. But maybe I missed some info along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying they're captured today and before people head out to the cabins on July 4. Been very quiet all night.

The y in Day is different than the y in his letter, it is high to low in the graffiti and low to high in the letter, but a spray can and a rush job could change that I guess... Nevertheless, if it is a fake/joke, somebody had seen his writing before. Or maybe it was planted there by accomplices?? That sounds so far fetched, but look at this whole thing so far... Apparently nothing is too far fetched.

I'm just continually shocked at this entire travesty/soap opera! Really I shouldnt be at this point, but just when you think things couldn't get more dramatic and crazy, GP has a sick wife, a girlfriend, and then there's a burlesque dancer answering the door to the family home too?!

I'm beginning to think my coworker was on to something when he said they (sweat/Matt) must be backed by gang/mafia/illicit money.

I just don't think they could escape for this long after LE swears up and down that they're right on their tail, without there being a whole level of duplicity that we haven't heard about yet

As an aside, whomever is the artist (sweat or Matt, I think there has been some confusion on that), is actually really good! Too bad they are murderers.

[bbm] where did you see the art?

Dog looking rough.

fJeBnnA.png

He looks like the Cowardly Lion from the Wiz. of Oz!! LOL!

I kinda thought that. I'm new to this thread from others and trying to catch up. If they had so much inside help, there's no tellin who those guards worked with outside the prison to help set it up. I'm feeling there's more ppl involved and they aren't just hanging in the woods. Maybe the sayings are a way for those ppl to alert "the next person" of the next move or part of the plan. Knowing it will probably make the news or online in some way. If they were able to put together a plan that worked this extreme, I would imagine their plan once free was also quite elaborate and planned out. But maybe I missed some info along the way.

Glad you joined - this is fascinating!

wow! Thank you

is it just me or does his writing (on the Oprah painting) seem eerily similar to David Sweat's?

Sweat is the painter according to former Clinton inmate Erik ???? I believe it was on AC that he stated that Sweat would do the painting and Matt would then use them for barter or whatever.

wow! Thank you

is it just me or does his writing (on the Oprah painting) seem eerily similar to David Sweat's?

Exactly, that is what convinced that Sweat is actually drawing the pictures. Matt must paint them - both are very talented - they could make an honest living - too late!!

I think you are onto to something. The breakout was the easy part, staying out and on the lam, took a lot of planning. The elaborate nature of the escape tells me that the "staying escaped" part was just as elaborate and thought through.

Ahh yes. What I have been waiting for. I knew GP was making money somehow. Money makes the world go round. Selling paintings on their behalf. Pretty crafty. IMO

Explains why he had a number at his house, and was burying them and burning them after the escape. Wonder how many was in his stash? And the girlfriend MUST have known about this -- perhaps even in on destroying the evidence (remember that one news article that used the word "they" -- referring to getting rid of evidence, when police raided the house).

If they were selling the paintings for $2000, wonder how much Palmer was pocketing of that? And...there's only so much cash you can have at the commissary, so, where was the rest of the money going?

wow! Thank you

One of the prisoners who was incarcerated with them said that Sweat was actually the artist.

One of the prisoners who was incarcerated with them said that Sweat was actually the artist.

And...didn't Tillie make a phone call to Matt's daughter on his behalf? Something about the paintings???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28