NY - Search for escaped convicted killers, David Sweat & Richard Matt, Dannemora #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"“In the time I spent in prison in Mexico, I was tortured, starved and beaten many times to say the least, just because I was an American,” Matt said in a handwritten note he sent to a Niagara County judge in 2008. “I was hung from a wooden beam by my hands & razor cut over 90 times & beaten until I passed out. I have all of the scars to prove it.”

In his eight-page handwritten letter to Judge Sara Sheldon, Matt also complained that Mexican authorities wrongly convicted him of murdering Perrault. He told Sheldon he was acting in self-defense after Perrault came at him with a knife in the men’s room of the strip club.

Matt said he never got a chance to contest the murder charge before he was convicted of murdering Perrault and sentenced to 23 years in Mexican prison.

“I never seen a court room. I never seen a judge. I was given an attorney who I seen one time and he only spoke Spanish. I did not speak Spanish at the time,” Matt wrote. “I received a 23-year sentence by mail in Spanish from a judge who I never seen or talked to before in my life.”

Matt also claimed that Mexican authorities released him from prison after he served less than nine years because they realized Matt was innocent. Matt claimed that the “president” of Mexico initiated an investigation into his murder conviction at the request of a guard who befriended Matt at the Mexican prison."

<snip>

"Gabe DiBernardo, the retired North Tonawanda detective chief who headed the probe into the Rickerson murder, said his department learned from authorities in Texas that Matt was abused &#8211; by fellow prisoners and guards &#8211; in the Mexican prison system.

&#8220;By talking to people in Texas law enforcement, my guys learned that Rick Matt was burned with cigarettes. We learned that Matt had alleged that, at one point, the Mexican guards held him down on a table while someone tattooed &#8216;Mexico Forever&#8217; in big letters on his back,&#8221; DiBernardo said. &#8220;It was our understanding that they don&#8217;t like Americans down there in the prison where he was held. From everything we heard, we do believe he was abused down there.&#8221;

Matt did have a &#8220;Mexico Forever&#8221; tattoo on his back, and also numerous scars on his body, State Police said."

<snip>

"Although he believes Matt was tortured in Mexico, DiBernardo said he still considers Matt the most genuinely evil criminal he ever investigated in 38 years of police work. "

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...as-beaten-tortured-in-mexican-prison-20150626

Poor baby!

LOL...OK, that probably wasn't very nice. Because apparently he was innocent of the reason he was in the Mexican jail.

But...:dunno:

I know, it's crazy that he murdered and tortured his elderly boss Mr Rickerson and fled to Mexico to avoid prosecution where he stabbed an American to death outside a bar and got thrown in a Mexican prison where they tortured him.

Can we all say Karma? :p

ETA - I don't think torture is ever okay. It's simply the tone of the article and his arguments within it that are so boldly ridiculous in light of what we all know he's done. That is what I'm being flippant about.

Karma can be a "*advertiser censored*" ..............
I have no empathy for M or S.
They both gave horrible deaths to 2 men.......Karma death coming right back to them both
JMOO

now we know why M would never head for Mexican border and try for Canada

Keshia Clukey &#8207;@KClukey_TU 2m2 minutes ago

Made it back to Plattsburgh and am calling it a night. Will be back in the action tomorrow #PrisonBreakNY
2 retweets 9 favorites

I have strong feeling that the two of them weren't together, that Sweat was Matt's lifeline and something happened, either Sweat is dead or went in a different direction.

ETA: Sweat went in a different direction days ago.

It doesnt make sense to me if Sweat was there close when Matt got shot and took off that LE wouldnt have heard him and overcame him. I dont think he was around that close.

If Sweat is never found he'll be a legend and it's so possible that is what will happen.

How 'bout this... Matt & Sweat are together. Matt is sick as a dog. Matt gets wasted on booze. Matt is now holding them back. Sweat gets PO'd at Matt. Sweat fires a shot at a passing vehicle and bolts... Hoping that Matt will get caught thereby taking the heat off of him (Sweat) for a bit.

How 'bout this... Matt & Sweat are together. Matt is sick as a dog. Matt gets wasted on booze. Matt is now holding them back. Sweat gets PO'd at Matt. Sweat fires a shot at a passing vehicle and bolts... Hoping that Matt will get caught thereby taking the heat off of him (Sweat) for a bit.

That's close to what I was thinking...

they're together.. matt is sick as a dog. matt gets wasted on booze. matt is now holding them back. sweat gets PO'd at matt. tells him so. matt doesn't want to hear it, fires at sweat and misses, hitting passing camper. Sweat takes off, avoiding LE by no more than an hour or two at most, leaving Matt to die.

He could have had E. coli infection, botulism or salmonella poisoning or who knows? Sweat probably left him when he realized Matt was too sick to make it.

Could have been from rancid peanut butter too! I had a friend that hunted and ate some old peanut butter that was in his hunt cabin and he got sick terribly sick. Still can't tolerate peanut butter to this day.

Totally agree with your assessment. Thinking Giardia from contaminated water.

Could have been from rancid peanut butter too! I had a friend that hunted and ate some old peanut butter that was in his hunt cabin and he got sick terribly sick. Still can't tolerate peanut butter to this day.

Wonder if Sweat is also ill then?

Judge Jeanine had an excellent first 20 minutes tonight. They will be replaying the show at midnight for the west coast viewers. Gonna continue covering the manhunt after a commercial break. Y'all should catch it or watch it online later.

Matt and Sweat were CMU inmates and in the opinion of the former inspector of prisons for New York Corrections, should never have been candidates for Honor Block given the crimes they committed.

Maybe sweat is dead. What if they ate a contaminated can of beans or something. If Matt was sick, it's very possible Sweat is/was, too. Maybe Sweat failed first. Botulism (from bad canned food) would be fatal without medical treatment. I don't know, just maybe Sweat croaked back by Owl's Head.

But hopefully LE has substantive info indicating he's alive. They know much more than they're saying, obviously. I even wonder if the Buffalo News article is accurate (about knowing Matt was sick from underwear - would a source really leak that to them?). Everything is in question, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28