NY - Family of four found dead in basement of their Irondequoit home, 31 Aug 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
The official Media Release from Irondequoit PD

From the Press Conference:
Firefighters entered the home, and because of the time of day (5:30 AM) began searching in the bedrooms, which were empty. They searched the second and first floors before finding the victims in the basement of the home.

No history of PD visiting the home for any reason. No criminal record for parents.

The word "suspects" (plural) is used repeatedly throughout the press conference by police chief.

The mom "was being a mom, protecting her children. [As for] dad, I can't say".

Seemingly referring to motive or "why... this chain of events was set in motion," the police chief states, "I don't know if it was... well, I do know. I have a good idea why, but it's just too early to speculate on why this happened."

The bodies of Fraime Ubaldo, 30; Marangely Moreno-Santiago, 26; and their children Evangeline Ubaldo-Moreno, 4, and Sebastian Ubaldo-Moreno, 2, were found in the basement of a Knapp Avenue home early Saturday morning.
<modsnip for copyright - see link>

Last edited by a moderator:
  • "not a domestic incident" per the chief in the presser, he also stated it was a very nice neighborhood and no previous calls from the house or street.
  • family has owned house and lived there 2-3 years
  • chief says it's the worst scene he's ever seen and he will remember it for life

The bodies of Fraime Ubaldo, 30; Marangely Moreno-Santiago, 26; and their children Evangeline Ubaldo-Moreno, 4, and Sebastian Ubaldo-Moreno, 2, were found in the basement of a Knapp Avenue home early Saturday morning.

The town Irondequoit is on Lake Ontario. It's a suburb of Rochester, NY.

jmo

Wow....such a heartfelt presser. The Police Chief had trouble keeping it together. He said it was the worst scene he's ever seen in over 30 years and that he will remember it for life. The scene was horrific and, of course, it involved two young children (2 and 4 years old).

The basement is very small, single room with another small utility area with washer/dryer/storage - no walk out. Looks like they bought the house in December 2021.

I'm not sure what the Chief meant by this statement, but it caught my attention.
Ditto. It definitely caught my attention as well…. To see the chief as distraught as he was was also heartbreaking too. I’m not sure I can actually handle the details of this case based on that comment and the chiefs demeanor. Of course I will follow, I always will, but there is something about this that I can’t put my finger on just yet.

Ditto. It definitely caught my attention as well…. To see the chief as distraught as he was was also heartbreaking too. I’m not sure I can actually handle the details of this case based on that comment and the chiefs demeanor. Of course I will follow, I always will, but there is something about this that I can’t put my finger on just yet.
It sounds like the children may have been tortured, I’ll leave it at that.

Hopefully someone in the surrounding area has security cameras.

The basement is very small, single room with another small utility area with washer/dryer/storage - no walk out. Looks like they bought the house in December 2021.

It just looks like an unfinished basement, at least at the time the pictures were taken.

I hope they can find out who did this, and get them off the streets.

Same here. It was very interesting. Another thing he did say multiple times throughout the press conference was something along the lines that "adults do what adults do". It was usually followed up by how children are innocent, which is absolutely true - but it did stick out to me a bit.

Relatives say the couple had been together for nearly six years.

Luz Moreno is Marangely's father. In a statement, Luz said, "She was a sweet girl—very dependable, a great mom. Everything was for her kid, you know?"

Xiomara Weeks, the godmother of the two children killed, is Marangely's best friend. She got choked up talking about the family.

She said in a statement, "I'm coming to reality now, but it's still kind of like a shock. I lost my best friend, I lost my god kids. I've been asking myself why, why them? Why them? I just don't get it."
I noticed in the fundraiser set up by the friend that the adult male isn’t mentioned at all.

• "not a domestic incident" per the chief in the presser, he also stated it was a very nice neighborhood and no previous calls from the house or street.
  • family has owned house and lived there 2-3 years
  • chief says it's the worst scene he's ever seen and he will remember it for life
I wonder how sure they are that it's "not a domestic incident".

First blush, with the scant details we have, it checks a bunch of boxes for a family annihilation/suicide.

I guess we'll have to wait for more information.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj
Back