GUILTY NY - Shanta Myers, 36, Brandi Mells, 22, & 2 kids slain, Troy, 26 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t think it was random... however doesn’t IMO a family member. Could there have been more than one person involved? It was an apartment. No one heard anything? If not a scorned lover ( which I don’t think) then revenge or payment .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do they know how entry was gained? In many of the crime scene photos they have a picture of a basement window but it wasn't clear enough to see if it was broken into.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don’t think it was random... however doesn’t IMO a family member. Could there have been more than one person involved? It was an apartment. No one heard anything? If not a scorned lover ( which I don’t think) then revenge or payment .

Do we know the neighbors didn't hear anything? Somehow the property manager knew to check on the apartment. It was the property manager who found the bodies.

Maybe neighbors called the manager with a complaint about noise rather than calling the police. ??

jmo

Im starting to think outside the box since this case is really horrific.

One possible perp would be a spurned lover of the other woman there who was not the mother of the two children. What if the perp had a previous relationship with that other woman and when they found out where she was staying the perp planned to kill her and whoever she was staying with. They may have even been surprised that children were there and felt they had to kill everyone present so that there were no witnesses.

Do they know how entry was gained? In many of the crime scene photos they have a picture of a basement window but it wasn't clear enough to see if it was broken into.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I have not read anything regarding how entry was gained . However if they keep showing a photo of a window I would assume that’s how however cannot report it yet.

Im starting to think outside the box since this case is really horrific.

One possible perp would be a spurned lover of the other woman there who was not the mother of the two children. What if the perp had a previous relationship with that other woman and when they found out where she was staying the perp planned to kill her and whoever she was staying with. They may have even been surprised that children were there and felt they had to kill everyone present so that there were no witnesses.

Or...it was the ex of the mom who thought the kids were "better off" dead than growing up with lesbians? Or his manhood was offended so deeply that he had to erase any reminder that he had been replaced by a female??

Whatever happened, I do think this was personal. Just a hunch at this point, of course.

jmo

Do we know the neighbors didn't hear anything? Somehow the property manager knew to check on the apartment. It was the property manager who found the bodies.

Maybe neighbors called the manager with a complaint about noise rather than calling the police. ??

jmo

I wouldn't be surprised if the friend of one of the victims, who lived up the road and had been trying to call numerous times only to get no answer, called the property manager requesting a welfare check. jmo

jmo

We do not know if the neighbors heard anything . The property manager was doing a wellness check. Since it was Christmas I assumed the mom did not make it to a holiday gathering and Family was concerned . JMO

I wouldn't be surprised if the friend of one of the victims, who lived up the road and had been trying to call numerous times only to get no answer, called the property manager requesting a welfare check. jmo

Could very well be.

But other tenants would know easily who the property manager was and how to reach him/her. A friend would likely not know and would be more inclined to call police or a family member to make the check.

Calling the property manager with complaints/concerns about other tenants is fairly common, imo.

We'll find out soon, I hope.

jmo

This is so heartless and sad to read while I’m enjoying the holidays with my family and kids.
The fact that they were bound has me baffled. To me, that’s a sign that it was planned vs. heat-of-the-moment. I’m trying to think what a vengeful lover would do, all I can think of is attacking the heck out of whomever but not taking the time to tie them up?? Perhaps it was a control thing, beyond the obvious control one would gain by restricting someone. I’m thinking a psychological control over the victims. Instilling fear in the victims in order to drag out the encounter. Ugh I hate typing this even!
I hope they have the perp in their crosshairs. Someone who can be this evil certainly needs to be stopped asap

My first post, though I've followed different threads for a while. Just saw this:

https://rollingout.com/2017/12/28/black-lesbian-couple-kids-murdered-targeted-killing/

It's the first place I've seen the victims' race identified, and I wonder what they meant by 'targeted killing'? They didn't elaborate on this in the story.

Welcome to WS!

IMO "targeted" simply means that the killer intended to kill these particular people rather than a killer who killed randomly or in the process of committing another crime. In other words, it wasn't an interrupted burglary.

jmo

This is so heartless and sad to read while I’m enjoying the holidays with my family and kids.
The fact that they were bound has me baffled. To me, that’s a sign that it was planned vs. heat-of-the-moment. I’m trying to think what a vengeful lover would do, all I can think of is attacking the heck out of whomever but not taking the time to tie them up?? Perhaps it was a control thing, beyond the obvious control one would gain by restricting someone. I’m thinking a psychological control over the victims. Instilling fear in the victims in order to drag out the encounter. Ugh I hate typing this even!
I hope they have the perp in their crosshairs. Someone who can be this evil certainly needs to be stopped asap

I think once we have the names we can sleuth some history. That might tell us a lot.

I cant think of one where another family member would tie up their other family members first before killing them. Killing them yes but tying them up first and then killing them I cant think of one. There may be a case out there but I cant think of one right now.

I agree with you that the tying up is the strange part of this case since they went ahead and killed them all anyway. Wonder what that was all about? Why tie them up first?

Maybe it was simply because they wanted to be sure they had them all under control first before they started to systematically kill each one.
Because if its just one perp and they started to kill them right away then the others would run and panic and probably get away. So maybe they at first gave them assurances that none of them would be harmed if they cooperated and then proceeded to tie up each one. Then after all fully secured they followed through with their plan all along which was to murder them.

If it is personal and not a random person then the person would have had to have resentment against the children as well as the adults.

I wonder what time this all started. Perhaps they were asleep and the killer got them up one by one, tied them up so nobody could get away while the next one was woken up. Can you imagine the horror of watching your children being tied up and you're helpless to do anything? Or walking into them being tied up and can't do anything to help/save them?

Could very well be.

But other tenants would know easily who the property manager was and how to reach him/her. A friend would likely not know and would be more inclined to call police or a family member to make the check.

Calling the property manager with complaints/concerns about other tenants is fairly common, imo.

We'll find out soon, I hope.

jmo

I just read this; "According to the Times-Union, the building property manager entered the apartment after concerned family members could not reach the couple."

Source: https://rollingout.com/2017/12/28/black-lesbian-couple-kids-murdered-targeted-killing/

I think once we have the names we can sleuth some history. That might tell us a lot.

A bit confusing to me that they have not released the names . The family of the mother have been posting. Did not sleuth them. Popped up in comments of a news article. I’m guessing her partners family not all been informed yet.

Hey OBE....I totally agree with everything you said.....your insight is always appreciated and invaluable.

I think the case u are referring to above is the Harvey family murders in Virginia, another horrific case that chilled me to the bone. I remember how unusual home invasions/family murders were at the time. Now, sadly, they have become a common occurrence.

Here is the thread on the Harvey family if anyone would like to read up on it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...in-Richmond-1-Jan-2006&highlight=Bryan+Harvey
This also reminds me of the Savopoulos Family murders in DC, 2014. Without the fire. Just awful. JMO

Trying to think outside the box too. Extreme yes, but is it possible this was to send a message to a person closely associated with both the victims and the perp? just my musings on this horrific scenario and those poor wee ones

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back