NY NY - Sylvia Lwowski, 22, Staten Island, 6 Sept 1975 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The hearsay about the events that night is the fiance's story. To add, that afternoon Sylvia's best GF and she were shopping at the Statin Island Mall. Sylvia was getting ready to out on a date with her fiance that night.

By the way, Lucy-thanks for joining us here-we like the company! And you never know what a fresh set of eyes will see in all of this

I second that. It is nice to have a new perspective, and questions, too.

We don't know certain things, but certain impressions like an affair, pregnancy, break up could lend some big insight into the possible events of that night Sylvia disappeared.

In light of her disappearance, whether the fiancé had anything to do with it, or not, I am pretty sure whatever happened between them was more than a random spat.

Only one person knows her last words...

Not judging, but sometimes I wonder, did anyone in a position of authority know, abet, or cover up?

Wish we had more clues...

Casting for more clues... How is it we can't locate Sylvia? How is it that a gorgeous woman would disappear without a trace?

We have been so careful about connections... Is there an underside to her disappearance? Is there an underbelly to this story?

Are there connections we haven't thought of, or suspected, but can't speculate about in public?

The more I think about it, the more I wonder what is known and discussed behind the scene, in private.

Of course there is more. But which direction?

Not judging, but sometimes I wonder, did anyone in a position of authority know, abet, or cover up?

Wish we had more clues...

Bad enough if all those in authority did, was nothing, because they determined with no evidence, that she was a runaway

Casting for more clues... How is it we can't locate Sylvia? How is it that a gorgeous woman would disappear without a trace?

We have been so careful about connections... Is there an underside to her disappearance? Is there an underbelly to this story?

Are there connections we haven't thought of, or suspected, but can't speculate about in public?

The more I think about it, the more I wonder what is known and discussed behind the scene, in private.

Of course there is more. But which direction?

I keep hoping that the lack of ANY noise is caused by LE trying to keep things
quiet in case the day comes when they can prosecute someone. I have contacted everyone I can think of, with the exception of the fiance, hoping that we could get the right rock turned over, and it always immediately goes silent. Or maybe LE, and all other entities (Dateline, etc) have decided any time spent on Sylvia’s disappearance is a waste of time, since nobody investigated in 1975. Her brother is certain that she is dead, and I think LE thinks so, too.

I just messaged MMQC re: the SS number business. She said Sylvia definitely had one, since they needed one prior to college; and said the reason Sylvia isn't in the SSDI is that it takes 7 years from the filing date, and her brother couldn't file until Sylvia's mother died (she couldn't and wouldn't do it). They can't settle the parents' estate until this happens

^^ RBBM

Certainly appears that Sylvia's Mother had other ideas about Sylvia's disappearance versus murder by BF/F

The key imo is what the big fight was about that evening.

I believe her Mother learned very quickly what the fight was about and that it put SL in a very bad light. That prompted EL to avoid all publicity even decades later when SL had not returned nor was located.

I'd like to think that Sylvia left the country and survives to this day-and it would be her right to do so, too. But it takes an extraordinary amount of pre-planning to do this successfully, expecially for such a long time. Could she have gotten lucky enough to fly below the radar? Sure, but she'd have to have been lucky all over the place, and I just don't see it. I really think she never left Staten Island-unless she somehow ended up in the water...and even being in the water is no guarantee she wouldn't be found. I keep rolling this over and over, to try and figure out what the possibilities are, since we know next to nothing. I am still amazed that NOBODY is interested in what happened to her. WTH?!

^^ RBBM

Isn't it possible the body may have gotten caught on something and never emerged?

Also, I recall you posting once or twice that someone in LE (not affiliated with this case) had mentioned this as a possibility - the NYC waters.

Can you provide more details about how she/he mentioned a body might not emerge?

Hi! I have some questions:

Where was it determined she was pregnant? And if so, do we know who the father was? It says it was not her fiancé, is this right?

I ask because if this is the case, there are several scenarios that could have occurred.

a) from everything I have read, the fiance seem a likely suspect. I honestly do not believe anyone would deliberately destroy their own glasses, unless it is kid who wants a more stylish pair. The amount of force it would take to break glasses also seems a bit odd. If she was sitting in the passenger seat and threw them, I doubt they would gain enough momentum to break on the windshield or dashboard. It's highly likely, there was a disagreement, perhaps about the pregnancy, or father of the child and he lashed out ultimately causing her death. It just seems that unless it was verified they went to the movie, that is a plenty of time to elapse for him to do something to her.

b) If there was another man involved, if she was pregnant with someone else child, he might have caused harm. Was he a married man? Did he have a lot to lose if this came out?

c) Is it possible that, if she was pregnant, perhaps a botched abortion occurred, resulting in her death?

d) It is possible she fled the country, but it seems a very long time to not contact any family member. I wish this were the case, her returning to Europe, time goes by, she blocks out her family because of guilt.

^^ RBBM

Sylvia's glasses being broken was only SPECULATION on this board that somehow rapidly became fact. There are no facts included in the police report or even from her brother that SL's glasses were broken or the lenses shattered, only that her BF/F said she tossed/threw them against or on the dashboard when she ran from the vehicle.

Also, after threads of speculation on her much needed glasses and how she prob could barely see without them, I believe her best friend finally said her glasses were for reading!!

^^ RBBM

Sylvia's glasses being broken was only SPECULATION on this board that somehow rapidly became fact. There are no facts included in the police report or even from her brother that SL's glasses were broken or the lenses shattered, only that her BF/F said she tossed/threw them against or on the dashboard when she ran from the vehicle.

Also, after threads of speculation on her much needed glasses and how she prob could barely see without them, I believe her best friend finally said her glasses were for reading!!

Yes, her friend did say they were reading glasses-I wonder if MMQC was sure of that. If they were reading glasses, would you be more inclined to throw them, or would you treat them like any other pair?

^^ RBBM

Isn't it possible the body may have gotten caught on something and never emerged?

Also, I recall you posting once or twice that someone in LE (not affiliated with this case) had mentioned this as a possibility - the NYC waters.

Can you provide more details about how she/he mentioned a body might not emerge?

The conversation(s) that I had with LE regarding a body in the water had to do with whether or not they typically turn up, and the answer was that a body in the water usually (but not always) does-when they don't, it's because they're caught on something or weighed down in some way. And possibly taken out with the tide, too. Additionally, one person, when asked about suicide, said that you can't really hide your own body. But it can be possible to be someplace where people don't find you.

The key imo is what the big fight was about that evening.

I believe her Mother learned very quickly what the fight was about and that it put SL in a very bad light. That prompted EL to avoid all publicity even decades later when SL had not returned nor was located.

Do you think Eva found out what the fight was about from Sylvia's fiance? Her brother didn't seem to know what the fight was about; at least he didn't tell me when I asked him

Yes, her friend did say they were reading glasses-I wonder if MMQC was sure of that. If they were reading glasses, would you be more inclined to throw them, or would you treat them like any other pair?

Ha! No, I don't think SL's BF would be unsure about that!

One would be more inclined to leave reading glasses behind and put them on and remove them as needed.

Also, SL seemed to be somewhat emotional and I can easily imagine her tossing them in anger or upset

Do you think Eva found out what the fight was about from Sylvia's fiance? Her brother didn't seem to know what the fight was about; at least he didn't tell me when I asked him

I think SL's Mother may have confirmed or learned what the argument was about from the PI that she hired. Obvi, family is not going to divulge that info.

PI had followed SL's BF and prob learned additional info about SL's private life that Mother was made aware of

The conversation(s) that I had with LE regarding a body in the water had to do with whether or not they typically turn up, and the answer was that a body in the water usually (but not always) does-when they don't, it's because they're caught on something or weighed down in some way. And possibly taken out with the tide, too. Additionally, one person, when asked about suicide, said that you can't really hide your own body. But it can be possible to be someplace where people don't find you.

IF suicide, I can only think she chose water. No other method imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back