GUILTY NY - Thomas Valva, 8, autistic, killed, NYPD father & fiancee arrested, Suffolk Co, 17 Jan 2020 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's how narcissists roll. I can imagine the grotesque scene as they laughed at him while they tortured him. The pain in that child's heart, let alone in his little body. The damage done to his siblings.
That thought just rips my heart out! :(
Rot in hell MV & AP... AFTER you've been starved, not permitted to use the bathroom, and made to sleep on cold concrete with no mattress, blankets or warm clothing, you *advertiser censored*king monsters! :mad:

While I don’t disagree that there needs to be more training regarding helping children with disabilities and their families, I don’t think that’s the issue in this case. The issue is the dad is (was) a cop. In my opinion.

This is a momma-bear if I've ever seen one.. She has become such an inspiration for me. Her strength, class, dignity and faith, after all of the despair that she and her boys have suffered, is simply amazing. These boys deserve her, and she deserves to shower them with the love she has for them.

Judge rules in favor of Thomas Valva's mother during custody hearing for her 2 other sons

The mother of the 8-year-old Center Moriches boy who died of hypothermia appeared in family court Monday for a custody hearing for her other two sons.

Judge Frank Tantone ruled in Justyna Zubko-Valva's favor at the hastily scheduled court appearance. Judge Tantone declined a request from Child Protective Services to require a specific set of rules that would govern the amount of times CPS workers would visit the home Zubko-Valva now shares, at least temporarily, with her two surviving sons.

"I'm very thankful the outcome was actually good for me and my children," say Zubko-Valva.

MORE: Autism support group marches in honor of Thomas Valva
MORE: Prosecutors outline 'house of horrors' abuse that led to Thomas Valva's death

As News 12 has reported, police say Zubko-Valva's son, Thomas Valva, died after being left in a freezing garage overnight. Michael Valva and his fiancee, Angela Pollina, have been charged with second-degree murder and endangering the welfare of a child in the case.

Zubko-Valva was granted temporary custody of the surviving boys, who she says suffered extreme mental, physical and sexual abuse while in the custody of their father.

In court, attorneys representing Suffolk County and the surviving sons say the boys are doing very well. They say authorities have made four visits to the boys over the last 10 days.

Zubko-Valva says her kids, 10-year-old Anthony and 6-year-old Andrew, attended their first day in a new school today. She says instead of picking them up she had to appear in court with barely 24 hours' notice.

"I was looking forward to picking up my kids from their first day of school today," says Zubko-Valva. "Unfortunately I have to come here to keep fighting for justice for them."

Zubko-Valva is set to return to family court for another conference Thursday. Both Michael Valva and his fiancee are expected to attend that conference.

on December 15, 2016, Michael Valva had his first interview with the court-appointed psychologist. They show Zubko-Valva refused to conduct any interviews with the psychologist unless she was able to videotape the proceedings. The psychologist refused due to the sensitive nature of the testing materials.

Snip

Three months later in July 2019, Judge Lorintz told Zubko-Valva she could see her children, but only if the visits were supervised saying "I'm not going to allow you to see your children after a year and a half without some form of supervision in place. My hope, my hope, would be to get reports back from whoever is supervising that it's going well and we don't need supervision."

Zubko-Valva refused, saying she would only see her children unsupervised. The judge wouldn't relent.

Exclusive: Court documents paint painful picture of last few years of Thomas Valva's life

more info at link. I’m sitting on my hands for now.

Disgusting pig doesnt even want to pay for an attorney. WHAT A WASTE

i have been all over sm posting my realllllll feelings. shm

(Also, dont think Ill ever complain about my crappy childhood again).

Right??!! unreal.

--------
https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/cop-accused-of-killing-son-whines-he-cant-afford-attorney/

Disgraced NYPD cop Michael Valva, who’s charged with murdering his 8-year-old son, whined in family court Thursday that he’s broke and can’t afford an attorney.

Valva, 40, made the declaration during a hearing at Suffolk County Family Court, where he and his fiancée, Angela Pollina, 42, are charged with severely abusing their six shared children.

“I don’t have an attorney,” Valva told Judge Frank Tatone. “I can’t afford one.”

“All I know is I don’t have any access to funds or anything,” the accused murderer murmured.

Valva even claimed that he didn’t have any coins to make a call from Suffolk County Correctional Facility, where’s he locked up without bail on a felony murder charge for the hypothermia-induced death of his 8-year-old autistic son, Thomas.

Besides apparently being hard up for cash, Valva also seemed clueless as to his current employment status.

Since his Jan. 24 arrest, Valva has been suspended from the NYPD without pay.

But on Thursday, when Judge Tatone asked him if the police union would get him a lawyer, he said in a quivering voice: “I think I was terminated from my job.”

Police unions only represent cops in job-related cases.

The judge told Valva that if he qualifies, the court would provide him with counsel.

Valva’s ex-wife Justyna Zubko-Valva, who now has custody of her two surviving sons, Anthony, 10, and Andrew, 6, was present at Thursday’s hearing.

Zubko-Valva didn’t believe Valva has no dough.

“The fact that he came to the court and tried to play victim, I don’t buy it,” she said outside of court.

The same agency investigated a complaint in 2019 about a child being forced to sleep inside the garage of Valva’s Center Moriches home — where Thomas was exiled before he died — but determined it to be “unfounded.”

After court, Zubko-Valva continued to voice opposition to CPS’s involvement, claiming they covered up years of abuse suffered by her children at the hands of their father.

----------

Amazing that all of a sudden CPS wants to examine Thomas's brothers when they are now in a safe, secure environment with their loving mother but let years of abuse go by and did nothing.
Just unreal all around... Makes me absolutely furious!

Right??!! unreal.

--------
https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/cop-accused-of-killing-son-whines-he-cant-afford-attorney/

Disgraced NYPD cop Michael Valva, who’s charged with murdering his 8-year-old son, whined in family court Thursday that he’s broke and can’t afford an attorney.

Valva, 40, made the declaration during a hearing at Suffolk County Family Court, where he and his fiancée, Angela Pollina, 42, are charged with severely abusing their six shared children.

“I don’t have an attorney,” Valva told Judge Frank Tatone. “I can’t afford one.”

“All I know is I don’t have any access to funds or anything,” the accused murderer murmured.

Valva even claimed that he didn’t have any coins to make a call from Suffolk County Correctional Facility, where’s he locked up without bail on a felony murder charge for the hypothermia-induced death of his 8-year-old autistic son, Thomas.

Besides apparently being hard up for cash, Valva also seemed clueless as to his current employment status.

Since his Jan. 24 arrest, Valva has been suspended from the NYPD without pay.

But on Thursday, when Judge Tatone asked him if the police union would get him a lawyer, he said in a quivering voice: “I think I was terminated from my job.”

Police unions only represent cops in job-related cases.

The judge told Valva that if he qualifies, the court would provide him with counsel.
----------

Well, well. Sometimes karma actually does makes an appearance. Through the years of family court battles that Thomas' mother had to endure w/this slithering she was unable to afford an attorney and represented herself. Sadly, she was no match for the weasels Valva hired. And now he says he can't afford a lawyer. Waaaah.

I’m struggling to understand why this Mom didn’t agree to see her children with supervision. Perhaps she didn’t understand the way custody works, or visitation, etc. Supervised visits are generally observed and recorded if I remember right. (Family members situation years ago.) It seems observation and a recording would validate Moms claim that the boys were being alienated. Not that it would have mattered considering the amount of corruption, obvious bias against her, parental alienation she was subjected to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back