NY NY - Tommy Williams, 26, Rochester, 2 Feb 2022 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

WNYer

Reaction score

Rochester police continue search for Tommy Williams, man missing since early February believed to be in danger.​

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WROC) — Rochester police officials said Monday that the search for a man missing for more than two months remains ongoing.

Authorities say 26-year-old Tommy Williams has been missing since early February.

Williams is described as 5’9” 180 pounds with a face tattoo near his left eye. Police say he was last seen wearing a red and blue Nike hooded swearshirt with a florescent orange winter hat.

Officials say they believe Williams may be in danger.

Police ask anyone with information regarding his whereabouts to call 911.

Attachments

• A844B1FF-4335-4E0D-B51A-B2A3AAB8C5C9.jpeg
    A844B1FF-4335-4E0D-B51A-B2A3AAB8C5C9.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 4
Police, family plead for help finding missing Rochester man
by WHAM
Monday, May 2nd 2022
Rochester, N.Y. —
A local family is rallying to bring attention to a missing person's case in Rochester.

Tommy Lee Williams' loved ones march to the Public Safety Building Monday morning to bring attention to his case. He's been missing since Feb. 2. Police say his disappearance is suspicious and he may be in danger.

Attachments

• 6EF62ED0-1213-4616-9624-E6B17D5ECF3A.jpeg
    6EF62ED0-1213-4616-9624-E6B17D5ECF3A.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 35F021AD-D64A-42BE-B4B5-B35AFDDC6A11.jpeg
    35F021AD-D64A-42BE-B4B5-B35AFDDC6A11.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 6798302E-8F5C-4897-87B4-F27F523AA07E.jpeg
    6798302E-8F5C-4897-87B4-F27F523AA07E.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
I can't believe how little there is about this case! It doesn't sound like he was the type to disappear willingly - and police have said he may be in danger, but haven't said why. hmmmm.

FEB 6

“Open your mouth,” Joyce Williams pleads to the Rochester, New York community. “It could have been one of your loved ones.”

Joyce’s son, 27-year-old Tommy Williams, has been missing for a year. He was last seen in Rochester, New York, on February 2, 2022.

“Tommy would never not come home,” Joyce said. “There’s something wrong.”

More at Rochester, NY mother pleads for answers in 2022 disappearance of 27-year-old Tommy Williams

I can't believe how little there is about this case! It doesn't sound like he was the type to disappear willingly - and police have said he may be in danger, but haven't said why. hmmmm.
Now their saying “foul play is not suspected at this time”… But was previously suspected to be in danger. What changed if they haven’t found him still???

Now their saying “foul play is not suspected at this time”… But was previously suspected to be in danger. What changed if they haven’t found him still???
I'm not 100% sure but being in danger could be self harm VS foul play could be by the hands of someone else. Just my thinking. IMO

FEB 6

“Open your mouth,” Joyce Williams pleads to the Rochester, New York community. “It could have been one of your loved ones.”

Joyce’s son, 27-year-old Tommy Williams, has been missing for a year. He was last seen in Rochester, New York, on February 2, 2022.

“Tommy would never not come home,” Joyce said. “There’s something wrong.”

More at Rochester, NY mother pleads for answers in 2022 disappearance of 27-year-old Tommy Williams
I was born and raised here in Rochester NY and I am upset that I have never even seen or hear about this story! That angers me to the core! I would love to know a lot more details....where he was last....etc....

this story

One possibility: The article mentions reports of an argument outside his house. Later, LE state in the article that the leads were followed. Maybe the 'foul play' belief had to do with that argument, but further investigation proved his disappearance was unrelated. Just a theory. MOO.

I was born and raised here in Rochester NY and I am upset that I have never even seen or hear about this story! That angers me to the core! I would love to know a lot more details....where he was last....etc....

this story

If you have any more specific questions after reading this article, please feel free to ask.

“I was getting ready for work when he sat on my bed and he said, ‘Mom give me a hug and a kiss, ’cause you never know, and I said ‘Tommy!’ He said ‘Mom!’ and he put his hands up, and he said ‘Mom, you just never know, I might go missing.'”

Williams says surely enough she never heard from him again with no trace and no explanation as to what could have happened to her son. She says this day marks one year and eight months since his disappearance.

With some recent cases garnering attention, one woman by the name Merry Diers founded a Facebook page in February of 2021 called the Western New York Missing and Unidentified Persons Network says she’s doing what she can to put a stop to it.

“Growing up, I’m hearing these cases long-term missing, unsolved, and as I became an adult, I realized many of these cases many of the women children, and men that are missing here locally are still actively missing years later, their cases remain unsolved, their families don’t have closure they deserve and desperately need,” Diers said.

“I was getting ready for work when he sat on my bed and he said, ‘Mom give me a hug and a kiss, ’cause you never know, and I said ‘Tommy!’ He said ‘Mom!’ and he put his hands up, and he said ‘Mom, you just never know, I might go missing.'”

Williams says surely enough she never heard from him again with no trace and no explanation as to what could have happened to her son. She says this day marks one year and eight months since his disappearance.

With some recent cases garnering attention, one woman by the name Merry Diers founded a Facebook page in February of 2021 called the Western New York Missing and Unidentified Persons Network says she’s doing what she can to put a stop to it.

“Growing up, I’m hearing these cases long-term missing, unsolved, and as I became an adult, I realized many of these cases many of the women children, and men that are missing here locally are still actively missing years later, their cases remain unsolved, their families don’t have closure they deserve and desperately need,” Diers said.
Wonder what the odds are of someone saying aloud that they could go missing (joking or not) and then never being seen again? That’s one hell of a coincidence and makes me wonder what really made him say it.

I believe the first week he went missing the exact statement was quoted as , “gimme a hug Mom-you never know when it might be the last”-but same gist. Tommy was anxious and acting out of his norm in the weeks leading up to his disappearance.

May 26, 2024

ROCHESTER, N.Y. — The mother of 27-year-old Tommy Williams, who disappeared just over two years ago, held an event on Sunday to raise awareness about his disappearance.

Family and friends gathered at Cobbs Hill Park to celebrate Tommy’s 29th birthday, which is just two days away. It was an emotional gathering for everyone who was there to support Tommy’s mom, Joyce.

“Say Daddy can you please come back? Please come, Dad, Dad,” one young child said while releasing balloons into the air and praying for Tommy to come home.

“I miss my son so much. I wish I could fly like the balloons up to him,” Joyce Williams said.

Continues at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13
Back