NY NY - Yolanda Bindics, 25, Jamestown, 10 Aug 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It doesn't appear they have one or know of one. The officer in charge of the case was not there & the one I spoke with said they have to get permission to release the info to me. Why, I don't know as it should be a public record. So, if they respond, I will be happy to make a printable poster. I will ASSUME they will, so I will get it started. If they are prompt, I could have it done in less than 30 minutes.

Kelly

You're welcome. I have it ready to go now except for the missing info and "permisssion".

I would like to ask the person who made the website for her if you have any ties to her family.

Kelly

Not to her family, no. I came across Yolanda's story from a friend on a parenting board. She does know Yolanda and her family, personally. If you need permission from her family, then I can see about getting that for you.

Thank you Kelly for your help. Yolanda deserves to be home with her daughters. Maybe that is why this story sticks to me so much and I want to help so bad. I have a daughter, myself, and I can't imagine being taken from her, or vice versa.

We need the case# and DOB, plus any markings, such as scars, birthmarks, tattoos, etc. I have already placed calls to get this data. Why they say I need permission is beyond me, as these things are now public information.

Missing Woman: Yolanda Bindics Jamestown, NY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/...r_040819-1.html

Missing Mother
Search for New York Woman Continues; Police Officer Placed on Leave

Aug. 19, 2004 — The search for a mother of four missing for more than a week continues as a police officer has been placed on administrative leave after acknowledging a relationship with her.

Yolanda Bindics, 25, of Jamestown, N.Y., was last seen leaving her job at a Family Dollar Store about 8:20 p.m. on Aug. 10. She told her brother, who was watching her daughters, that she was going to stop to pick up milk on her way home but never arrived. Her car was found the next day parked at an Arby's restaurant less than half a mile away from the store.

A Jamestown police officer has been placed on administrative leave after admitting to having a relationship with Bindics, a. police spokesman said.

The officer, whose name was not released, will remain on leave until investigators can determine the nature of that relationship, the spokesman said. FBI agents will interview the officer.

Police said the officer is not considered a suspect in Bindics' disappearance.

Searching for Clues

Police have said Bindics' disappearance is suspicious.

"We're all really worried," her sister, Christine Bindics, told The Associated Press.

Bindics described her sister as happy and said she enjoyed outings with her children, the most recent one to a Chautauqua County amusement park the week before she disappeared.

"She loves those girls more than life itself," Christine Bindics said.

About 50 family members and other volunteers searched the area around where Bindics' car was found for several hours on Sunday but found nothing to indicate what might have happened to her. Police had already searched the same area as divers checked a nearby river and search dogs scoured a local landfill.

Her daughters, ages 1, 3, 5 and 8, are staying with relatives.

Bindics is described as 5 feet 7 inches tall, with blond hair and hazel eyes. She weighs about 100-115 pounds. She was last seen wearing khaki pants and a black polo shirt with the Family Dollar logo.

Anyone with information about Bindics is asked to call Jamestown police at (716) 483-7537 or (716) 483-TIPS (4877).

Jamestown is a city of 31,000 located in southwestern New York state, near the Pennsylvania line. It is about 60 miles southwest of Buffalo.

I still have not heard back from Jamestown. I also emailed them.

Kelly

I finally spoke to someone who could give me the info. He said that I was probably talking to a dispatcher earlier who told me I had to get "permission". Anyway, the poster is uploaded now and ready to go. Please let me know if there are any corrections.

The link for the poster is http://members.cox.net/kelly_projectjason/.

Then click on Yolanda's name in the links column to your left. We ask to use this main link rather than the poster link itself, as this is an emergency use site and sometimes the links change.

Thank you.

Kelly

Thank you Kelly for the poster. I know it took alot of perseverance
to get this done!
I have added it to my site.
This is important, as there has not been a poster made for her.

Thanks again,

fourboys

Whoa! Here's a development I never expected! I just got in and heard this on Fox news. Her sister didn't seem to know anything about a relationship Yolanda may have been having with this cop. She did say that Yolanda's 4 children all have different fathers and that she is quite shy. Seems as if she may have met up with this cop that fateful night. Can't wait to see how this one ends.
Karen

AuntieKaren said:
Whoa! Here's a development I never expected! I just got in and heard this on Fox news. Her sister didn't seem to know anything about a relationship Yolanda may have been having with this cop. She did say that Yolanda's 4 children all have different fathers and that she is quite shy. Seems as if she may have met up with this cop that fateful night. Can't wait to see how this one ends.
Karen

?????

Perhaps I am reading you wrong, but I get the impression that you are enjoying some sensationalism here rather than the core of the situation, which is: A person is missing, a person who is loved and wanted. It matters not IF that person may have a lifestyle we don't agree with, or one that makes headlines if only for sensationalism reasons.

As a mother of a missing son, reading something like this about my family online would cause me pain. Even though it may be truth, it gives the impression that the details are more important than the person.

"Can't wait to see how this one ends."

I can't wait either, but not because of what some police officer may have done, but because Yolanda needs to be back home with her children and family who loves her.

Always write as if the person or person(s) you are writing about are going to read it. There are many families of the missing who lurk and read these posts, and we know for a fact how many times they have been hurt by comments and attitudes. They don't need this hurt as I can assure you, they have been hurt enough.

If my perception of this post is wrong, then please accept my humble apology.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of missing Jason Jolkowski

Prayers for Yolanda and those who search.
Prayers for those who read and post here to understand many who are read and post on this forum, primarily, are victims of this crime.

Speak to others as you wish to be spoken to, and problems will not occur.
Blessed day to you, Kelly......and much love.

With love and HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Kelly said:
?????

Perhaps I am reading you wrong, but I get the impression that you are enjoying some sensationalism here rather than the core of the situation, which is: A person is missing, a person who is loved and wanted. It matters not IF that person may have a lifestyle we don't agree with, or one that makes headlines if only for sensationalism reasons.

As a mother of a missing son, reading something like this about my family online would cause me pain. Even though it may be truth, it gives the impression that the details are more important than the person.

"Can't wait to see how this one ends."

I can't wait either, but not because of what some police officer may have done, but because Yolanda needs to be back home with her children and family who loves her.

Always write as if the person or person(s) you are writing about are going to read it. There are many families of the missing who lurk and read these posts, and we know for a fact how many times they have been hurt by comments and attitudes. They don't need this hurt as I can assure you, they have been hurt enough.

If my perception of this post is wrong, then please accept my humble apology.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of missing Jason Jolkowski

Kelly-
Wow, I'm not quite sure what to say here. I'm sorry that you were so offended by my post.
Karen

Kelly, nice work on the poster! Gives a better idea of what she looks like. Hanging some up in Antigo!

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Cancel Membership Here? Please.

Thank you SO much Kelly for the printable poster! I've been away from Yolanda's case for a couple of days for family related reasons. I'm disappointed to return and see that she has still not been found.

Kelly,

I'm unsure of whether the family is aware of the website's existance. When I heard of the case, I built the site a week later when I was unable to bring up one for Yolanda. I built it with the intentions of getting Yolanda's name and face out there, and with the hope that somebody would recognize her and give the police a call with a tip that would bring her home. I informed my friend, who was very close with Yolanda, and informed her that I was donating the site and keeping it updated in effort to assist the search for Yolanda and to please let the family know I was doing so. I do not know, however, if the information was passed on or not. I can only hope it has. And if it hasn't...I can still hope somebody will see it and call in the tip that may reunite Yolanda and her little girls..kwim?

Thank you again for the poster. I am going now to link it, as well as search for any more news that I may be able to gather. I do know from my friend that another search party went out, so perhaps I can find some results from that.

Thank you.
Cole

Thank you, Cole, for getting it linked. You really need not mention me on the website. I am just doing what I am called to do. Having the link and getting attention for this site is what we need to do. Are you finding places to link it? I will help you with that. Do you have a hits counter and can you see where the hits come from?

Kelly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back