NY NY - Yolanda Bindics, 25, Jamestown, 10 Aug 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yolanda's Time Line

Wednesday, September 8th 2004
New evidence found that may help them find Yolanda Bindics.

Thursday, September 2nd 2004
The search for Yolanda Bindics took an interesting twist, as investigators moved their search from Jamestown, New York, where Bindics was last seen, a gorge in western New.

Wednesday, September 1st 2004
Custody battle of Yolanda's children

Monday, August 30th 2004
Investigators confirm that Carte is "not a top person of interest" in Bindics's disappearance.

Saturday, August 28th 2004
Clarence (Carl) Carte of Jamestown, New York, was arraigned Saturday morning, and charged as a "Fugitive from Justice."

Friday, August 27th 2004
Another "Person of Interest", has been named, Clarence Carte (aka Carl). Police brought His car in as possible evidence.

Thursday, August 26th 2004
A search crew of about 50 people from numerous agencies are searched a three square mile area of Jamestown , in connection with the disappearance of 25 year
old Yolanda Bindics.

Wednesday, August 25th 2004
Jamestown Police Dept. moves missing woman's case to front burner.

Tuesday, August 24th 2004
Michael Watson, was still on active duty in the early and most crucial days of the investigation.

Monday, August 23rd 2004
High-ranking officials confirm that Officer Michael Watson of the Jamestown Police Department was placed on paid administrative leave last week.

Friday, August 20th 2004
There was another massive search effort Thursday for missing 25 year-old Yolanda Bindics. Near the Jamestown Plaza where her abandoned car was found more than a week earlier.

Thursday, August 19th 2004
A Jamestown police officer has been placed on administrative leave, after he admitted being in a relationship with the mother of four.

Tuesday, August 17th 2004
Police received several calls yesterday from people saying they heard Bindics body was found in a dumpster. Officers had to convince them that those reports are not true.

Monday, August 16th 2004
Jamestown - Volunteers and police searched over the weekend for a mother of four who's been missing since Aug. 10.

Saturday, August 14th 2004
Friends and family of a missing Jamestown woman are asking for help to join them for a search on Sunday morning at 11:00 on Fluvanna Avenue at locations where she and her car were last seen.

Friday, August 13th, 2004
Jamestown Police are now working with the FBI and other law enforcement agencies in the search for the missing mother of four children.

Tuesday, August 10th, 2004
25 year old, Yolanda Bindics was last seen about 8:30pm

pages.prodigy.net/mykwb/FindYolanda.htm

(((( Michelle ))))

You have a good heart. Please know you are in our prayers, too.

If you ever need anything, feel free to contact me.
I'll help you in anyway I can.

Prayers for Yolanda, and all who miss her so.
With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

Hey, guys
I saw there was a posting that there had been new evidence found in the search for Yolanda but it didn't say what it was. Apologies if I'm repating.

September 8th 2004
Jamestown found new evidence that may help them find Yolanda Bindics. A discovery Wednesday morning may put authorities one step closer to finding a missing mother of 4 children. Jamestown Police confirm several items, including a purse, belonging to Yolanda Bindics have been found at 8th and Monroe in the City of Jamestown. Those items were found this morning near a sewer, apparently not far from where Bindics disappeared on August 10th. Authorities are now conducting a massive search of the area including below ground in the ongoing effort to find the missing woman.
Yolanda's purse apparently washed up out of the sewers after heavy rains and flooding in the area. A passerby found the person and called police. Hours after the discovery, police found Bindics's car keys in another storm drain near 6th and Jefferson just up the road. They said all of the items had likely been disposed of days ago... if not significantly longer. All items found are being sent to a forensic lab.
Police also confirm they continue to hold Clarence Carte, the father of one of Bindics' children, on unrelated charges. A Jamestown police officer, known as a "personal acquaintance" also remains on administrative leave .
http://pages.prodigy.net/mykwb/FindYolanda.htm
and a full news article http://www.silive.com/newsflash/metro/index.ssf?/base/news-9/1094705059274360.xml&storylist=simetro

Prayers for Yolanda and her family at this time. Whilst its obviously news of some sort that her belongings have been found, I think we can all speculate as to what this may mean. My thoughts are with her family and loved ones. :angel:

AuntieKaren said:
I hope Dean Reithel is being thoroughly questioned as well as the father or fathers of her other children. One of them is likely to be involved. :(
Karen

Everyone that knows Yolanda has been questioned, and obviously some more thoroughly then others.

This is Yolanda's sister, Anne. On behalf of the entire Bindics family, I want to thank those of you who have been so thoughtful and considerate on this site. I had a very hard time registering and responding, so now that I can, I wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude. We are praying every day, many times a day. We still know nothing. For those of you who jumped to conclusions, please use some judgement when you post your opinions. Family members do read this stuff and I'd hate to see you in this situation and somebody do that to you. I wouldn't judge a person's character. Yeah, Yolanda did have 4 kids by 4 fathers, but 1, she knows who the fathers are, it's not like she's out getting pregnant and not knowing who the father is. And 2, you probably done worse things then that in your lifetime, so please back off. She was taken by someone and somebody, somewhere knows who. We need for them to speak up. Yolanda has 4 little girls waiting anxiously for her to come home. And, she has a mother, father, and 10 brothers and sisters waiting for her, along with many nieces and nephews.

We love you Yolanda! And pray that you are safe. We will never give up our search for you and we will do all we can to find you.

Brains & NoBull said:
She is still missing and there are no more new updates. It seems as though her case has fallen out of the spotlight. :(

I doubt it. We wont let that happen.

Thank you for joining us Anne. My heartfelt prayers are with Yolanda and all who love and miss her. She's a beautiful girl, Anne.

Please contact me if you need any additional help networking Yolanda's case, or have any questions. I have some information sheets I can send you today that will help you in the search. The main thing is you are not alone, there are many who will help you in the search and offer emotional and spiritual support until she is home, and long afterwards.

With prayers of HOPE for Yolanda to be found safe, and soon.
Much love to you and yours, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Thankyou Anne. I can't imagine what a terrible time you must be having. You know if you need us to do anything- post Yolanda on any sites- or anything at all, just post here or mail us and we'll be happy to help.

Thoughts and prayers for Yolanda , you and the rest of your family. :angel:

(Jamestown, NY, September 15, 2004) - - Police have found another piece of physical evidence in the mystery surrounding the disappearance of Yolanda Bindics.

A search of a Jamestown storm sewer turned up a personal set of keys belonging to the mother of four Wednesday.

Yolanda Bindics was last seen at an Arby's restaurant in Jamestown before she dropped out of sight on August 10th.

More here:
http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp?S=2306863&nav=0RapQxWi

Prayers for Yolanda and all who miss and love her.
With HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing

Mom who cares said:
Anyone hear anything new about Yolanda? I can't find anything new in the news. I hope she is safe somewhere.
If you have the time, you can put Yolanda's name in Google and you'll find a lot of info out there. There are lots of fliers, posters, etc.

p.s. I was just going through this thread, and it's weird that not many of you are even from the area, let alone, NYS, and yet still are thoughtful enough as humans to do what you're doing. God Bless You All.

Spotted1 said:
Does anybody have access to read articles from the Post Journal (newspaper for Jamestown, NY) online?

There are a couple of articles in the Post Journal regarding Yolanda's disappearance. One of which states that cops do not believe her recent trip to Canada played a role in her disappearance. I'd like to be able to read them and place them on her site, but it says I must be a subscriber. :(
Hi Spotted1.

Yes, you do have to subscribe. The trip to Canada, was just a weekend trip to Niagara Falls. I live 15 minutes from the Falls, and I too go there all the time for a day, or weekend. We all knew it didn't mean anything. Sorry, if I were able to get on here sooner, I could have let you know sooner.

Spotted1 said:
Hello. This is my first post to this site. I think it is great how everybody works to get the names and faces of missing persons out there.

I first heard about Yolanda's disappearance on a parenting forum that I am a member of. She is a good friend of another member on that board.

Fot some reason, I could not let Yolanda's story go after first hearing about it. I check this site as well as googling her name every morning in hopes that she has been found.

It has been 1 week and 1 day since Yolanda disappeared. I was unable to find a website in her name that followed the search for her. So I have built one myself. My friend at the parenting board has been made aware of the sites availability.

If any of Yolanda's family or friends read this, please know that I am donating the site to the search for Yolanda and her family as well as my time and efforts to keep he site updated with any news.

Yolanda's site can be found at www.freewebs.com/findyolanda

May Yolanda be reunited with her family and friends.
Good things happen to good people and What comes around goes around. 2 very good, and very true statements. Spotted1, thank you for what you're doing for Yolanda and our family. Bless your heart!

Spotted1 said:
Not to her family, no. I came across Yolanda's story from a friend on a parenting board. She does know Yolanda and her family, personally. If you need permission from her family, then I can see about getting that for you.

Thank you Kelly for your help. Yolanda deserves to be home with her daughters. Maybe that is why this story sticks to me so much and I want to help so bad. I have a daughter, myself, and I can't imagine being taken from her, or vice versa.
Thank you Kelly, and Spotted. I guess I just can't say it enough. Yolanda's family would never turn down any sort of assistance in getting this out there, and keeping it out there. Kelly, who is your friend that knows Yolanda?

AuntieKaren said:
Whoa! Here's a development I never expected! I just got in and heard this on Fox news. Her sister didn't seem to know anything about a relationship Yolanda may have been having with this cop. She did say that Yolanda's 4 children all have different fathers and that she is quite shy. Seems as if she may have met up with this cop that fateful night. Can't wait to see how this one ends.
Karen

I'm the sister that did the interview with Fox. And, I knew of the cop, but had no idea that any "relationship" existed. I live in Buffalo though, which is an hour and 1/2 away from Jamestown. I guess I just never questioned it.

Anne, thank you for clarifying a lot of things for us. It really helps to have someone close keeping everyone focused on the facts, Yolanda is missing and must be found. Praying for you and yours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back