NY NY - Yolanda Bindics, 25, Jamestown, 10 Aug 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello Anne,

First of all, I just wanted you to know that Yolanda and her family are in my daily prayers. I know what a difficult time this has been for you all. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way.

The other website for Yolanda was built by a woman named Michelle. I do not know much more about her. I haven't been able to access it as of late, so I'm not sure what is going on there.

Please feel free to email me at kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org.

God bless,
Kelly

Hi, Anne. I don't post much here, but I have been following Yolanda's story and I am praying that she is found soon. Best to you and to your family, and to Yolanda's children. I'm so sorry you are going through this horror. God be with you all. Kelly and Lanie are wonderful and so compassionate.....they do so much for the missing.

Anne,
I hope that your sister is found soon and safe. I'm sorry for the posts that offended you. We do need to remember that there are people here that are in this nightmare. Please know that we have the best intentions, just thinking out loud. We bounce ideas off of each other, and every now and then we come up with something pretty great, so hang in there and don't give up on us and we won't give up on Yolanda.

Take care.

I understand gardenmom. But, I just hate when people have a teeny bit of information and they run with it. But yes, I understand that no harm was meant and please forgive my anger. I know I'm not the only person going through this. I am aware that others in this forum themselves, are going through pain as well. My prayers are with them, and all the missing people and their families. Not just mine. And again, I sincerely appreciate all of your thoughtfullness. I really do. It doesn't go unnoticed. I've made other family members aware of what's out there and this forum was worth mentioning. Thank you a billion times over.

We all care very much...When you need to vent your anger or cry your tears we are all here to help...:blowkiss:

Candlelight Birthday Vigil for Yolanda Bindics

The public is invited to participate in a candlelight vigil for Missing Loved One Yolanda Bindics.
WHEN: Wednesday Night, September 29th at 8/8:30pm
WHERE: Jamestown, NY - Allen Park - field adjacent to West Virginia Blvd and Hebner St.
(Parking can be found on Elizabeth Ave next to the Ice Rink.)

Please bring your own candle

Find Yolanda

For those of you that are unaware. Jamestown Police Officer, Michael Watson, was arrested yesterday on 9 counts. 2 Harrassment, 4 Aggrevated Harrassment, 2 Stalking, and 1 other Official Conduct charge. (all misdemeanors). There were several female victims, but they did not say how many, or release names. This is "supposedly" unlrelated to Yolanda, however, her case did lead them to this information. Or the $20,000 reward that the FBI now offered, may have gotten people to talk.

MYKWB said:
Candlelight Birthday Vigil for Yolanda Bindics

The public is invited to participate in a candlelight vigil for Missing Loved One Yolanda Bindics.
WHEN: Wednesday Night, September 29th at 8/8:30pm
WHERE: Jamestown, NY - Allen Park - field adjacent to West Virginia Blvd and Hebner St.
(Parking can be found on Elizabeth Ave next to the Ice Rink.)

Please bring your own candle

Find Yolanda

This, by the way, turned out very nice. I am thankful for all the support.
And, thanks Michelle for your help.

I wanted to apologize that I have not recently been able to update the website I had prepared for Yolanda. Unfortunately, I had problems with the server that is hosting the site..but today I was finally able to log in and update. I'll be updating it again later this evening with even more links.

Again I apologize for the site going so long without an update. Im still praying for Yolanda's safe return home. God Bless your hearts.

The nation will be made aware of Yolanda's disappearance in a brief profile report to air on this Thursday night's broadcast of drama series "Without a Trace,"
"Without a Trace" airs this Thursday at 10:00 p.m. on
CBS

Anne_Bindics said:
For those of you that are unaware. Jamestown Police Officer, Michael Watson, was arrested yesterday on 9 counts. 2 Harrassment, 4 Aggrevated Harrassment, 2 Stalking, and 1 other Official Conduct charge. (all misdemeanors). There were several female victims, but they did not say how many, or release names. This is "supposedly" unlrelated to Yolanda, however, her case did lead them to this information. Or the $20,000 reward that the FBI now offered, may have gotten people to talk.
Anne,
Then this is the same officer with whom yolanda supposedly had a "relationship" with?

Want to Help?
You Can do so by Printing Posters, take them to work,
give them to friends, post them while running your errands.
You Can Also help by Mailing/EmailingNetworks for News Coverage,
you'll find a whole sheet of Labels to print along with contacts. You'll will
also Find Business Cardsvery easy Distribution

Don't Forget to add Yolanda's Banner to Your site.

If Any Businesses / Organizations would like to
Donate Items for prizes / Certificates / Monetary
Donations ect.. for upcoming events
Please email me at: FindYolanda@Prodigy.net

FindYolanda

What Happened To Yolanda Bindics?

Posted by: Aaron Saykin, Reporter
Created: 11/4/2004 10:19:37 PM

What happened to Yolanda Bindics? It's a question that haunts her friends and family here in Jamestown, and we just don't know.

But over the past few weeks we've been able to find out what happened in the days leading up to her disappearance -- events, conversations, some of which could be a window into solving the mystery.

Until she vanished, Yolanda was a single mom with four children from four different fathers. To some that would be a burden, but to Yolanda, it was a blessing. She was always happy, her mother says, until right before she disappeared.

Reporter: "Something was bothering her?"
Yolanda's Mother: "Yeah."

It was something important that she was planning to reveal the night she vanished.

Reporter: "She had a secret she wanted to tell you?"
Yolanda's Mother: "Yes. Yes she did."

And to this day, no one knows what it is because she never had the chance to tell anyone that night.

It was Tuesday, August 10th. Yolanda was leaving work at the Jamestown Family Dollar with Nicole Berg, the last person to ever see her.

Nicole Berg: "I was doing the alarm and I locked up. We both came out at the same time. I said, well, Yolanda, give me a call later and she said okay. And she got into her car and got on the phone."

The phone call was to her brother Frank.

Frank: "I remember hearing her say 'goodbye' to Nicole."

He was baby-sitting Yolanda's children.

Frank: "She asked me if she needed any(thing) food-wise around the house. We were giggling with each other and that's when she said I'll be there in less than an hour. About 15 minutes after that... about 8:35... I called her back. There was no answer at all."

Yolanda never came home, making Frank the last known person to talk to her.

Brother: "It's hard. Real hard. I think about it every day and every night (eyes watering)."

So does Nicole.

Nicole: "And I should have stayed five more minutes... and... (long pause)."
Reporter: "I don't think anyone blames you for that, nor could you blame yourself."
Nicole: "I do (wipes her eyes, sniffles). I'm sorry."

The next day police found Yolanda's car at the Arby's just up the road. There were no signs of a struggle or any clues.

"Something's just not right here," said Captain Lee Davies of the Jamestown Police Department. "This isn't just your run-of-the-mill missing person case."

It just didn't make sense. Yolanda agreed to cover someone's shift the next day at work. And she said nothing about leaving to anyone, not even her closest friends.

Reporter: "What do you think happened?"
Nicole: "I think someone kidnapped her or did something to her. I think somebody was waiting somewhere around here, watched me leave and came up and did something."

Leading up to that night, Yolanda's mother says all was not well. her daughter wasn't her smiling self, she says. She also believes Yolanda looked tense, tired and stressed.

Could it have had anything to do with the secret? First we wanted to find out what it was.

Mother: "She wanted to tell it to Margaret first. She was closest to Margaret."
Reporter: "Her sister from North Carolina?"
Mother: "Yes, yes."

We spoke to Margaret by phone.

Reporter: "When was she supposed to tell you about the announcement?"
Margaret: "After 8 o'clock, Tuesday, August 10th."

That's the night Yolanda vanished.

Reporter: "And you were never able to get a hold of her?"
Margaret: "No."

Margaret says Yolanda had an important doctor's appointment three days earlier.

But for what?

Margaret: "She could have very well wanted to tell me that she's pregnant because of the fact that in the past, with her last two daughters, I am the first one in the family she tells."

Her mother has two theories.

Yolanda's Mother: "She was either going to get married. She decided to marry Darien after all, or, she thought she was pregnant with her boy."

By "Darien" she means Darien Thomas. He's the father of Yolanda's second child, and her on-and-off boyfriend for the last seven years.

A week before Yolanda vanished, the two took a trip to Canada alone.

Darien: "We talked on the way out and the whole time we were there, and she never mentioned any kind of secret me."

Reporter: "You had actually, recently... again... asked her to marry you?"
Darien: "Ah-hah. Ah-hah. We were... we were looking at settling down, perhaps finding a home together."

But Yolanda never agreed, he says. Later, after she vanished, Thomas and several other men close to her became "persons of interest," say police, and took polygraph tests.

Reporter: "Do you know what happened to her? Did you have anything to do with her disappearance?"

Darien: "Uhm, absolutely not. I have no idea what happened to her. And of course, I absolutely had nothing to do with her disappearance."

There was suspicion surrounding a Jamestown Police Officer, Michael Watson. He was put on paid leave just days after Yolanda vanished because, according to investigators, he had a relationship with her.

Then, there was something that, at first, seemed like a break in the case. On October 4, the Jamestown Police Chief announced that Watson was under arrest.

As it turned out, Watson's arrest was not for Yolanda's disappearance, rather on charges of stalking several women.

Weeks earlier there was another puzzling arrest involving someone else who had a relationship with Yolanda, Clarence Carte.

Carte is the father of Yolanda's youngest child. Like Watson, Carte was arrested on unrelated charges -- a probation violation from Florida.

There were also several searches in nearby woods, gravel pits, creeks and gorges, but investigators found nothing.

Later, police caught a break, finding Yolanda's keys and pocketbook after they washed up from a Jamestown storm drain. They sent divers into the sewers and the river, but they found nothing else.

Reporter: "In your heart, do you believe she's still alive?"
Yolanda's Mother: "Well, we're wondering."

Darien: "It's unbelievable."
Reporter: "How much do you miss her?"
Darien: "I miss her more than anything (tearing up)."

But he's still hopeful the new clues about Yolanda's actions, mood and secret before her disappearance will finally lead them to her.

Captain Davies: "If we can fill in those blanks, that would hopefully lead us to be able to solve the case."

And while they wait, they keep Yolanda close by, seeing her smiling face in home video and in photographs.

A smile that vanished from their lives, and still, no one knows why.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=24068

There will be an after Thanksgiving Day search for Yolanda Bindics in Jamestown.
Rain, shine, snow or sleat will not stop this search
When: Saturday November 27th at 11am
Meeting Place: Corner of Hallock St. and Newland Ave. (Near Hillcest Baptist Church)
The public is asked to help in this post holiday search.

FIND YOLANDA

BethInAK said:
Anne,
Then this is the same officer with whom yolanda supposedly had a "relationship" with?
Sorry I haven't gotten on here in a while. My computer was messed up, but I fixed it now.

Yes, this is the same police officer that had a relationship with Yolanda. In watching things in the news, I don't believe it's true that "The family believes Yolanda was with Watson a week before she disappeared." I don't know where that came from, but it's not true, that we know of. Not that I'm defending this guy, but we need to keep things real and no rumors need to come out of this, by all means. If anyone is interested in reading an article on this officer, and the nasty man that he is, please check out the following website, which was created, and maintained, by Michelle, who is a good friend of Yolanda's. She is doing an amazing job at keeping people updated and informed. (Thanks Michelle).
http://pages.prodigy.net/mykwb/FindYolanda.htm

PRAYING DAILY FOR YOLANDA'S SAFE RETURN!

MYKWB said:
There will be an after Thanksgiving Day search for Yolanda Bindics in Jamestown.
Rain, shine, snow or sleat will not stop this search
When: Saturday November 27th at 11am
Meeting Place: Corner of Hallock St. and Newland Ave. (Near Hillcest Baptist Church)
The public is asked to help in this post holiday search.

FIND YOLANDA
I'll be there and I know a few of my brothers plan to be searching this day as well. I just wish the person(s) would come forward already. Looking at her little girls and knowing what they're dealing with is not very pleasant for anyone to see. It's very sad. Our father cries, and I've never witnessed this man cry a day in his life. Maybe he'll get tears in his eyes at weddings and such, but never has he cried like this. In fact, none of Yolanda's family has ever cried as much as we are now. Why would someone want to hurt Yolanda? She's the sweetest, kindest, gentle person with a giant heart. Watch the news and you'll see how much is said about the wonderful human being that she is. How dare you (whoever you are) harm Yolanda!! Who do you think you are? I'm not one to wish harm or pain to anyone, but what if this was your sister, or your daughter, or mother, or aunt? I'm almost to the point where I hope this happens to you some day. What comes around, goes around. If you did something to her, or know who did, and I know there's someone out there that knows, please do the right thing and confess already. Or, let this consume you and tear you apart slowly, like it is all of us. I'm angry. Yolanda's entire family is angry. We WILL find you. One way or another, the truth will come out eventually. God willing! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Family Of Missing Jamestown Mother Plans Weekend Search; Site Comes From Psychic Tip

Posted by: Aaron Saykin, Reporter
Created: 11/26/2004 10:20:34 PM

It's been three and a half months since Yolanda Bindics vanished, and her family says that sadness and frustration are taking over their lives.

"Honestly, it's just tearing everybody up, tearing everybody apart almost, said Anne Chmielewski, Yolanda's Sister.

Her family has tried hard to stay hopeful through search after search, but that hope is wearing thin.

"It's a terrible feeling," said Patricia Bindics, Yolanda's mother. "We don't know how to place it in reality in our minds."

With clues slowly drying up and little else to go on, her family says its now willing to listen to the advice offered by psychic friends, who have led them to a particular spot.

"If they feel that strongly that (place) needs to be searched, than by all means, it's another place to search," Chmielewski said.

The place is Hallock Street in Jamestown, specifically a wooded area there, where the family is planning a weekend search.

Yolanda's family says psychic friends repeatedly dreamed about that area. They also saw a white cross that perhaps, they say, is like the one on the front of a church on Hallock Street.

"It's been so long now, I almost want to believe somebody can honestly feel something," Chmielewski said.

It's not much, her family says, but will have to do while they wait for the answers they really seek.

"Who would hurt her? Why? Why take her from the family? Why take her from her friends and the children?" Chmielewski said.

The search party will meet Saturday, November 27 at 11 a.m. at Hillcrest Baptist Church in Jamestown.

The Bindics family is asking for volunteers, if for no other reason than to help them cover more ground in what's expected to be a wide search area.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=24722

Family and Friends of Missing Mother of Four, Yolanda Bindics are Requesting the Aid of Volunteers in Another Search. "We are in desperate need of more people to help us in this search. We are asking ALL Organizations and Individuals to help us look for clues. We Need Your Help!"

When: Sunday December 5th at 12:00 PM
Meeting Place: Corner of Newland and Huxley in Jamestown. It is planned to search two areas in Jamestown, which will be announced at the meeting place.

Rain, shine, snow or sleet will not stop this search!

http://pages.prodigy.net/mykwb/FindYolanda.htm

BufBenefit.jpg

BENEFIT For The CHILDREN of Yolanda Bindics

On August 10, 2004, 26 year old, Yolanda Bindics, left her job at the Family Dollar Store on Fluvanna Ave. in Jamestown NY. She phoned home to say she was
picking up some groceries and would be home soon. She has not been heard from since.

Yolanda was born and raised in Buffalo, where most of her family still resides. Her main focus in life is her four beautiful daughters. Her oldest, Katelyn, is only 8
years old. Courtney is 5, Allison is 3, and her baby, Emily, is 18 months.

With the diligence of the Jamestown Police Department, The FBI and the New York State Police every effort has been made to find Yolanda.

Without a word for more than 3 months naturally we anticipate the worst. Faced with the unfortunate possibility that these four young girls could grow up without a
mother, we chose to redirect our energy towards their future.

Our goal is to insure each of Yolanda’s daughters, the right to a college education and a brighter future.

A benefit will be held on Saturday, January 15, 2005 from 6:00 pm until 11:00 pm at the AMVETS Medallion Post 13 at 25 Review Pl. in Buffalo. A $25
admission fee will include food, beer, pop, Chinese and silent auctions, and live bands. (Jackdaw, and The Moses Stone).

Any and all donations are greatly appreciated. We need items and services, of any kind, to auction. Business donations will be represented, by a business card, on a
sponsorship display board.

All monetary donations can be sent to any M&T branch c/o Friends of Yolanda Bindics.

all other donations can be sent to:

Yolanda Bindics Benefit
c/o AMVETS Post 13
25 Review Place, Buffalo, New York 14207
(716) 874-0559

Thank you for your generosity and support!
The Bindics family
findyolanda

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413