Identified! NY - Yonkers, WhtFem 30-35, 1216UFNY, butterfly tattoo, 2 C-sections, Jun'92 - Meresa Hammonds

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know if this woman Sally White missing from PA in 1987 has been mentioned but she was a smoker and left 2 young sons behind. I saw her face and thought of the Yonkers Jane doe.. Her height is off by a couple of inches.

PA - PA - Sally White, 29, Pittsburgh, Jan 21 1987

Original

Attachments

• Original[3].jpg
    Original[3].jpg
    88 KB · Views: 3
I don't know if this woman Sally White missing from PA in 1987 has been mentioned but she was a smoker and left 2 young sons behind. I saw her face and thought of the Yonkers Jane doe.. Her height is off by a couple of inches.

PA - PA - Sally White, 29, Pittsburgh, Jan 21 1987

Original

Wow. I remember Jane Doe prolonged ear, very unusual, and Sally seems to have very similar one. That is very rare and I went through quite a few MP profiles trying to find anyone slightly similar. There is also facial resemblance. And even hair. hmm

Did you compare any details between the two apart the facial one? Can you write more about them? How much is couple of inches of difference? 2? 10? :)

Sorry, I can't look into it at the min but it does look quite good.

Wow. I remember Jane Doe prolonged ear, very unusual, and Sally seems to have very similar one. That is very rare and I went through quite a few MP profiles trying to find anyone slightly similar. There is also facial resemblance. And even hair. hmm

Did you compare any details between the two apart the facial one? Can you write more about them? How much is couple of inches of difference? 2? 10? :)

Sorry, I can't look into it at the min but it does look quite good.

What struck me is her facial features and her hair texture and style. Also with her being a smoker and having 2 sons and Yonkers Jane Doe was a smoker and having 2 c sections. I think she is off by 2 or 3 inches in height. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.PNG
    IMG_2775.PNG
    553.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2774.PNG
    IMG_2774.PNG
    517.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I see the resemblance between Sally and YJD, but the weight is very different. Sally is listed at 80 - 90 lbs and YJD was about 130 IIRC. Being that YJD was likely a drug user, she would have been more likely to lose weight than gain it. Also sounds like Sally is a possible suicide, sorry to say :(

Bumping Yonkers Jane Doe's thread with an interview with Det. Geiss, released in 2018. Nothing more to add, but the unidentified sex workers in NYC has been on my mind lately. In several of the cases, we know their killer, but still don't have a clue who they are :(

Last edited:
Has anyone saw a thread on reddit at UnsolvedMysteries ?
Somebody who made a post about Yonker Jane Doe claims that is contacted by someone who believes that Yonker Jane Doe mighe be thier missing family member ?

Finger corssed :) hopefully she will get her name back soon too

I was a bit skeptic until I saw who posted. It's the mod from the Grateful Doe subreddit, the Grateful Doe page on Facebook, Imgur, etc. and was heavily involved in getting Jason Callahan identified. I think @greymetal was their user on WS, but they haven't been active since 2017.

I'll be having my fingers crossed. 28+ years is too long to be nameless.

Hi all,

I have been taking several looks into this Doe for a couple of years now and thought I'd have one more crack at finding any other possible matches. I've been lurking on WS for a couple of days as a total newbie and I came across the WS thread and NamUs profile of one woman who lines up with Yonkers JD pretty well.

So, I'm just wondering if Marilyn Jean Mara has been ruled out as this Doe? Or if she has been brought up? I scoured through this thread and didn't see a mention of her - I hope I didn't miss anything.

A few of the details are sketchy and don't 100% add up, I know, but Marilyn's profile isn't exactly brimming with distinctive details. And there are a few similarities that are noteworthy! Yonkers JD's killer was known to pick up prostitutes and murder them, and as far as I know, Marilyn was dabbling in that sort of thing and had a bunch of aliases. Their overall looks are also quite similar though.

Attachments

• 1216UFNY2_LARGE.jpg
    1216UFNY2_LARGE.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Original.jpg
    Original.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 9
If not Marilyn, the only other one I can think of (and suggested in a Reddit post once) is Elizabeth Mondelli. There are a couple of similarities (hair, pierced ears), but she may have had front teeth missing, no mentions of a tattoo or scars, and only had one daughter.

Unfortunately this is one of the cases where LE doesn't make the list of exclusions public, so there's no way to know who has been looked at. Both your candidates look reasonable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13
Back