Obstruction of Justice;Accessory to a crime: Is there a case against the Anthony's #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am probably one of the biggest anti-A people out there but in my heart they HAVE been punished. Just like the Ramsey's there will always be a cloud over their head. So until I hear of something concrete that they obstructed I will not pass judgement.

For example, if the story about the hairbrush turns out to be true, they should fry with KC.

No kidding.I find myself flipping back and forth.They obviously loved Caylee.She was precious and Cindy provided her with everything,even as they struggled financially.But I get so angry at the way they have treated everyone EXCEPT KC with such contempt.
I think they are livid with KC,but are trying to preserve their family .Losing Caylee would change them forever,but because of their own actions people will always look at them with suspicion.It didn't have to be this way.

Just wanted to add:

From a Criminal standpoint:

From a criminal standpoint, these actions of the A's would fall under the umbrella of the accessory, perjury, obstruction issues , so as to merge in as evidence of those crimes.

Each instance of misleading LE isn't going to be charged as a separate offense, imho.

The State would have to prove the fundamental elements of the crime, over and over and over.

It makes more sense to me to charge it once, and offer the proof of whatever intent is required by the criminal statute being used, just one time, with an eye toward conviction.

This way the evidence of lying, misleading, interfering, is offered as evidence of the particular crime being proved by the prosecution.

If the jury discounts the A's lied on Monday, they still have Tuesday's and Wednesday's lies to consider towards a conviction, if that makes sense.

If they don't think the interference on one date, offered as evidence , is at criminal level, then why not give them more ammo to return a guilty finding.
LAy out repeat instances of interfering.

I'm not talking about any instance of criminal activity here other than the conduct of the Anthony's, for purposes of theorizing how a crime would be charged :wink: It's just an opinion.

A continuing course of conduct is often charged as one crime for these reasons.
:blowkiss:

Since you and Tater Head seem to be having a great conversation and I've been eavesdropping, I'd like to holler over from the corner where I am comfortably ensconsed with the best merlot I've had in a bit...

The family, all of them, made voluntary statements to police of their own free will. The thing is, IMO, when you're being asked on tape if this is your version of the events and you've answered honestly and you affirm, it means you aren't leaving anything out, especially if what you are reporting is part of an ongoing investigation.

I don't know how it is in Florida, but in Virginia they hand out obstruction of justice charges (city, state or county) like ducks take to water. A recent case in point this month alone involves a mother and son who were shot dead in their home during a buglary allegedly committed by a young man (17 years old) who lived in their neighborhood. The young man's 22 year old girlfriend was charged within 48 hours of the time they arrested the young man (excluded information in her account), and a cousin of his was also charged with obstruction (excluded infor in his account, along with trying to protect his family member) several hours after the girlfriend.

What I am trying to say is if the State or the County really want to charge them with something - they will. Obstruction of justice can sometimes be whatever a prosecutor wants it to be.

My head is swimming with too much information, so I'm wondering if anyone else can help me out or heard/saw this. It was an appearance by the pretty, smart, articulate blond state's attorney (or former one, or current one from another FLA jurisdiction) who often appears as a "talking head" about this case. I thought I heard her say that the accessory statute had been very recently amended to do away with an exception that precluded close family members from being charged with the crime. I'd look for a transcript, but I can't remember where I saw her, though I think it was yesterday. Anyone?

I remember that too amethyst221...I saw the same show. She did say that.

CA/GA/KC/LA all need to pay the price and be accountable for all their words and actions! Everything that hindered the LE case and cover ups, lies only helped NOT find dear CAYLEE............injustice. If this happened in a normal small town murder........everyone would be in jail by now. The rest of the a family are not in jail because of the team of lawyers and high profile case. When will they let CAYLEE rest in peace? CA/GA Stalling because no LE will arrest til AFTER the funeral........IMO

amethyst221 said:
My head is swimming with too much information, so I'm wondering if anyone else can help me out or heard/saw this. It was an appearance by the pretty, smart, articulate blond state's attorney (or former one, or current one from another FLA jurisdiction) who often appears as a "talking head" about this case. I thought I heard her say that the accessory statute had been very recently amended to do away with an exception that precluded close family members from being charged with the crime. I'd look for a transcript, but I can't remember where I saw her, though I think it was yesterday. Anyone?

I remember that too amethyst221...I saw the same show. She did say that.
I think you are referring to Pam Bondi. Check out the transcript from the Geraldo Show from 12/13/08.

CA/GA/KC/LA all need to pay the price and be accountable for all their words and actions! Everything that hindered the LE case and cover ups, lies only helped NOT find dear CAYLEE............injustice. If this happened in a normal small town murder........everyone would be in jail by now. The rest of the a family are not in jail because of the team of lawyers and high profile case. When will they let CAYLEE rest in peace? CA/GA Stalling because no LE will arrest til AFTER the funeral........IMO

I totally agree that LE is just waiting for the memorial before bringing charges.

I totally agree that LE is just waiting for the memorial before bringing charges.

Welcome to WS.............watching Hannity now....talking about demons possessing people...........thinking of the A family...............:eek:

Updated info on this subject released:

Investigators Say Anthony Family Will Be Expected To Candid Regarding Casey
POSTED: 7:45 pm EST December 28, 2008
UPDATED: 2:41 pm EST December 29, 2008

<snipped>
The Anthonys face the wrenching task of burying Caylee early in the New Year, but then, sources tell said, George, Cindy and Lee Anthony will be asked to play a pivotal role in holding Casey Anthony accountable or else.

As one investigator put it, "They're going to be asked to help convict her."

If the Anthonys are not candid and truthful, sources said, it may come to obstruction of justice charges against one or more of them.

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18371232/detail.html

Have all of the A's faced the truth finally??? Only time will tell!

CA said that her, Caylee, and KC were swimming on the night of the June 15th. If Caylee was found in her swim suit, then maybe CA was swimming with Caylee when KC came home and the fight broke out. KC may have left with Caylee acting crazy and saying things like "you will never see her again." Whatever happened, it was not good and the A's have not told the truth about this night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member