OCSO Blasts Anthonys for New 'Sighting' Pic / All Sighting Information #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How is taking a picture of a child traumatizing to either the child or the family? I don't get it.

It is an invasion of privacy. You CANNOT take a picture of a minor without parental permission. For it to be on TV is grounds for a lawsuit since no one had parental permission to use the picture.

There are some nuts which attach themselves to the Anthonys. What of one of them decided that was Caylee and grabbed her? There could be some serious consequences.

If someone grabbed my child like that there would be deadly consequences for them regardless of their "intent." Keep in mind Florida has "concealed carry" permits with reciprocal agreements with many states.

The photo is taken from that angle on purpose. It doesn't give you a full view of the child's face and more of a profile. don't you think the person who took the photo could have gotten a better shot? Sure! They might have gotten a better shot and her face may look nothing like Caylee, and that may be the reason why this photo was chosen. Its not a clear shot of the child for one reason, to elude. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lee took this picture, and his wnd his "work" he has been out of the spotlight doing was to find Caylee look alikes and take thier pictures.

:clap::clap: please :takeabow:

I guess here's my point. This is all for show. This is not unavoidable inconvenience for an innocent family. Caylee's mom is being held on first degree murder charges. There is scientific evidence that this baby is dead. The FBI stated yesterday uncategorically that the baby is dead. No reason to traumatize an innocent child and her family to help KC's defense. That's where I differ with you. It is a big deal, especially since in this case there is no reason to be out photographing children.

Btw, isn't it interesting the children are being photographed but not their kidnappers??? What the H**L is that about?

Phony baloney all around and it needs to stop.

That is exactly what I asked. Why take a picture in a busy mall of a girl who you think looks like Caylee and then 1.) Not take it to LE, 2.) Not report the sighting to a secuirty officer for more confirmation, and 3.) NOT take pictures of the person who was with/watching over the child you think is Caylee (i.e. the kidnappers)?? It doesn't make sense, and I agree that "Travelling Lee" may very well be on a road tour for these ridiculous side shot photos sans guardians.

None of these families waited 31 days to report them missing. Oranges and apples.

Yes but that was about whether they had been publicly presumed or pronounced dead, not how long it took them to be reported. Apples and apples at least with the Vera girl.

I agree with you there, I am in no way saying that the child is Caylee. I don't see the resemblance. As for why, it wasn't given to the media then, it hadn't been 31 days yet. You know the A family rules on disclosing info.
I just think that it may be setting a dangerous precedent of asking the public to go through life with their eyes closed. So many people are loath to get involved in any kind of criminal case anyway. I don't think that we need to add "fear of being sued." to the list of reasons to just stay out of it.
I think fear of arrest due to reporting a false sighting and sending in fake tips should be added to the list of reasons to stay out of it, imo!!!! GRRRRR! :furious: Being sued should just be icing on the cake especially when you plaster innocent faces all over the media to further a defense of a perp sitting in jail for Murder one!!

I am so sick and tired of these people trying to insert themselves into this case by reporting innocent children being seen out enjoying themselves with their parents when LE and almost everyone else is confident that Caylee is indeed dead. There IS proof. The perp is sitting in jail because of that proof.

Cindy keeps throwing up cases where there are live children found like Elizabeth. Caylee was dead in the trunk of the car and she smelled it first hand admittedly. Ridiculous for her to keep bringing up cases where there was always a possibility of finding a live child because it cannot happen in this one!!!

I think fear of arrest due to reporting a false sighting and sending in fake tips should be added to the list of reasons to stay out of it, imo!!!! GRRRRR! :furious: Being sued should just be icing on the cake especially when you plaster innocent faces all over the media to further a defense of a perp sitting in jail for Murder one!!

I am so sick and tired of these people trying to insert themselves into this case by reporting innocent children being seen out enjoying themselves with their parents when LE and almost everyone else is confident that Caylee is indeed dead. There IS proof. The perp is sitting in jail because of that proof.

Did I ever argue that there was proof? I think that the benefits far outweigh the risks when the principle of "photo or don't" is applied to future cases.

I think everyone in the modern age knows when they see a suspected missing child they should call the authorities pronto. The woman in the ES case flagged down a patrol officer, if I recall correctly. She didn't snap a photo on her cell phone and wait a month to hold a news conference.

Obviously it's a good thing to report immediately if you see a child who's gone missing to the police. But what we're talking about is this particular case and there is no missing child. Sadly, there's a deceased baby of 2 years old and her mom did not report her missing. No photo is going to make that fact disappear.

I am going to vote for logic on this one-the person who took the photo could have taken a full face shot, granted it might have grabbed the attention of the person with the child....which is exactly why I think they avoided it. I am with those who feel there is a Caylee look alike contest going on....

I can't say I blame the Sheriff's Department, but on the other hand, how is attacking the A's publicly going to help? I am sure that this has been addressed with them in a private setting. If that didn't do any good, arrest them for obstruction and go from there. It makes me wonder if OCSO has any desire to project an air of professionalism.

Huh? Nothing personal Not My Kids, but I believe OSCO has done everything under the sun to get the A's to face reality. I'm sure they HAVE addressed this issue in private. If LE arrested the A's for obstruction then a bunch more people would be howling. Poor poor CA and GA. GMAB. LE has done it's best to keep opinions out of the public, it's the A's that continue to blather at the drop of a hat. What other recourse do they have?????? You can't reason with this family.:bang:

Huh? Nothing personal Not My Kids, but I believe OSCO has done everything under the sun to get the A's to face reality. I'm sure they HAVE addressed this issue in private. If LE arrested the A's for obstruction then a bunch more people would be howling. Poor poor CA and GA. GMAB. LE has done it's best to keep opinions out of the public, it's the A's that continue to blather at the drop of a hat. What other recourse do they have?????? You can't reason with this family.:bang:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I think everyone in the modern age knows when they see a suspected missing child they should call the authorities pronto. The woman in the ES case flagged down a patrol officer, if I recall correctly. She didn't snap a photo on her cell phone and wait a month to hold a news conference.

Obviously it's a good thing to report immediately if you see a child who's gone missing to the police. But what we're talking about is this particular case and there is no missing child. Sadly, there's a deceased baby of 2 years old and her mom did not report her missing. No photo is going to make that fact disappear.

I will give you that one. IN THIS CASE, the facts have been established. I just think that there is a little mass hysteria goin on with the issue of what people would do if their kids were photographed. That's all. And I'm not defending this "Tipster" for taking the picture instead of calling the cops. That was, to put it mildly, very suspicious and not very smart, imo.

Did I ever argue that there was proof? I think that the benefits far outweigh the risks when the principle of "photo or don't" is applied to future cases.
You don't photograph an innocent child you suspect has been kidnapped. You use the same phone to dial 911 and you get an officer out immediately!!! You take a photo of the kidnappers, the vehicle, and the license plate instead!! There is NO benefit to photographing a child to put all over the media without details and there is certainly no benefit to the case not to have called 911!!

What other recourse????? ARREST!!!!!

You don't photograph an innocent child you suspect has been kidnapped. You use the same phone to dial 911 and you get an officer out immediately!!! You take a photo of the kidnappers, the vehicle, and the license plate instead!! There is NO benefit to photographing a child to put all over the media without details and there is certainly no benefit to the case not to have called 911!!

Read back. you'll see that I agree with every word that you say. I just don't think there should be a criminal or civil penalty for taking a photo of a child that you think may be a crime victim.
NOTE: If person touches said child in any way, attempting to "rescue" them or not, then they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of every applicable law, as that would be crossing every line imaginable.

And I might add that this latest child playing happily didn't look like she was with people on the run. lol. Just playing -- la di dah -- what's the rush? Call a security guard if you're so certain this is a child in dire danger. It's all such bs.

Anyway, not my kids, have a good day. You've really hung in here. :)

The discussion about arresting the Anthony's interests me-for what really? The longer this goes on and the pot is stirred, the more divergent their stories get and the bigger the pressure cooker for them. If the authorities are going to get to Casey at all, it will be by breaking down the bonds between the family members...and that is just how it looks to me here. I mean, who else can jump ship on this family???

There are laws here protecting minor children from being photographed by strangers, if I am not mistaken. If I caught someone photographing my grandchild, I would be livid and I would be the one dialing 911!!! My first thought would be to protect the child.

There is NO good reason to photograph a minor child in ANY scenario without permission from the parents. (Unless it is a situation where you are photographing your own and they happen to be present in the background etc. in which case it is innocently done. What do you want to bet the people who took that last photo did not have a child in that picture?!)

Like I said, these people SHOULD be prosecuted for photographing these children and sending them to the A fam.

I will give you that one. IN THIS CASE, the facts have been established. I just think that there is a little mass hysteria goin on with the issue of what people would do if their kids were photographed. That's all. And I'm not defending this "Tipster" for taking the picture instead of calling the cops. That was, to put it mildly, very suspicious and not very smart, imo.

This tipster may have had good intentions(can only assume since they are not the ones who published this photo)....but the Anthony's and with the help of the media are the ones to blame for putting this innocent child's photo all over the internet and news channels.

The fact that this picture was taken on Oct 16th, but is just now being putting out by the A's speaks volumes.

ETA: If this was my child, my attorney would already be hard at work in going after all parties pertaining to this photo.

I just read that LE was chasing dead-ends leads all over the country in the ES case up until the day she was found. Why would they do that if they thought she was deceased? And LE did not have every reason to believe the Groene children were dead, they didn't have body or evidence of death, all they knew was that they had a kidnapping, by a murderer, on their hands.

Be that as it may, I don't think that you can compare the cases you've brought up to what's going on with Caylee's case. There is hard scientific evidence of death in this case, and Caylee's grandparents use of pictures of other people's children as a way to perpetuate their agenda on the public is sickening. IMO of course.

Comparing the Smarts and Groenings to the Anthonys is apples and oranges. There were verifiable truths to the kidnapping aspect of both Smart and Groening, not with regard to the Anthonys. Elizabeth's sister saw her taken. Shasta and Dylan's family was murdered at the scene of their abduction. The parents of Elizabeth and the father of Shasta and Dylan, and their families, openly and extensively co-operated with law enforcement. Caylee's mother has not cooperated at all. Instead, she has lied extensively and obstructed the search by not providing truthful information. I have no idea how law enformcement can be expected to recover a child under the conditions KC has provided. LE should not be expected to play games--Clue, Charades and Guess The Facts and Perps Real Address in order to look for a mother's missing child. That is what the Anthony's seem to want. They want the police to figure out what Zanny is code for, what Jeff is code for, what the made up accident KC told her mom about really meant. It's ridiculous. It indicates a coverup by a criminal who very logically could have killed this child and now be lying to avoid or mitigate criminal prosecution AND there is evidence of decomposition. The lies and the decomp were not an issue in either Smart or Groening. They are major issues in Anthony. Also, Elizabeth and Shasta were reported missing as soon as their absense was discovered by their parents. Not so with the Anthonys. Major, major differences between the cases where 2 came back and where 1 never will, sadly.

There's a better comparison for Team Anthony if they must make one. They should compare KC's actions to those of Shelly and Aaron Thompson regarding the disappearance of Aarone Thompson.

There are laws here protecting minor children from being photographed by strangers, if I am not mistaken. If I caught someone photographing my grandchild, I would be livid and I would be the one dialing 911!!! My first thought would be to protect the child.

There is NO good reason to photograph a minor child in ANY scenario without permission from the parents. (Unless it is a situation where you are photographing your own and they happen to be present in the background etc. in which case is it innocently done.)

Like I said, these people SHOULD be prosecuted for photographing these children and sending them to the A fam.

For sending them to Anthony's, yes there should be a penalty, if you feel compelled to take the photo, send it to the police, not the family. However as far as the law goes, the Good Samaritan laws have made a lot of legal gray area. You are required to do something if you believe you see a crime, but not a lot of places are very good at stating what you can and can't do under the law anymore.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mommysbabies24
Back