Off Topic/Chit Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So along with a traffic citation along comes (as some had told me to expect), multiple solicitations from area lawyers including K&B!!! LOLOLOL. I now am a proud owner of their little biz card magnet showing that snarling dog.

:wolf:

It only cost 4 dollars.

That would depend on the brand of watch and where you have it done. Do-it-yourself, yes, would be about $4.00. Jeweler or watch repair, significantly more. Fancy smanzie watch like Movado could run about $75.00 - has to be sent out to be done. Timex at WM would be about $4.00.

So, Bob, what kind of watch did you get? Did Bob get one too? Just curious, because I really like watches.

That would depend on the brand of watch and where you have it done. Do-it-yourself, yes, would be about $4.00. Jeweler or watch repair, significantly more. Fancy smanzie watch like Movado could run about $75.00 - has to be sent out to be done. Timex at WM would be about $4.00.

So, Bob, what kind of watch did you get? Did Bob get one too? Just curious, because I really like watches.

I meant the whole watch cost 4.00.

Hey, BTW, after spending an HOUR in line at the farmer's market in the HEAT and SUN today to get advance tickets for the best State Fair in the US, I stopped and tried a small bottle of that green chit. And it was REALLY GOOD. No added sugar, and it was very sweet, no taste of the broccoli or spinach.

From what my sister tells me, the Texas state fair is phenomenal. The Tennessee state fair is pretty mediocre. A true disappointment. NC's is not bad, and has wonderful food (the best part). I don't do rides, so I can't judge those. Funnel cakes and fried twinkies! (I heard some people in line talking about deep-fried green beans...I wonder if they are breaded...) Turkey legs :turkey: , corn on the cob :popcorn: , Salt water taffy! :eat: Deep fried snickers bars! Cotton candy! :eat: Sausage and peppers! :chili: French fries with vinegar! :eat: (Has anyone read Penrod, by Booth Tarkington? Weenies 2 for 5 cents! Boy did he get sick - what a great book that was) Fair food to droooool over! .....I guess that explains why I don't do rides, huh....

Seriously, I will get a funnel cake with powdered sugar. Perhaps some fries. That's about it. What's YOUR favorite fair food? :eat:

It has to be Polish sausages. We (my family) used to sell them at fairs and festivals around the area (Newport News, VA) and it made for a lonnnnnng day. I was about 15, and this is what we did on weekends in the summer. I have cut more bags of onions that anyone would normally cut in a lifetime.

Now, whenever I go to a fair, I have to have one, with well-done green peppers and onions, and mustard and ketchup. Back then, they sold for $2.50. Boy, would Dad be raking in a killing if he were still doing it!!!

I meant the whole watch cost 4.00.

One of my favorite watches cost me $4.00. I told someone, "hey look, cool watch huh? Only cost me 4". The person said, "Wow, not bad for $400." It definitely was a nice looking watch. My all time favorite has a jade band, but it was a whole lot more than $4.00.

I don't do rides either!! Inner ear thing that runs in my family.

Favorite fair food? Wow hard to pick just one. I'm going to go with corn on the cob dipped in that vat of butter!

For a site that is attempting to keep the discourse at an adult level, why does it have emoticons that represent gestures that people would not use in face to face conversation? Specifically :rolleyes: Use of that icon is just begging for a flame war.

For a site that is attempting to keep the discourse at an adult level, why does it have emoticons that represent gestures that people would not use in face to face conversation? Specifically :rolleyes: Use of that icon is just begging for a flame war.

Which one is that?! LOL! Seriously though I'm not sure but I'd guess it's mainly because a lot of them totally apply to some of the people involved in the cases (or cases themselves) and are used in that way (see the Caylee thread for some very good examples). I've really not seen them used in a negative way against other posters...

Drool drool drool FAIR FOOD!!!!! Turkey Legs, Corn on the Cob, Ham Biscuits and french fries from Al's is the top four. Seriously, hubby and I go and do nothing but eat. We usually average about 60 bucks in just food and lemonade or root beer.

New Investment Definitions

These terms have been redefined to fit current circumstances:

CEO - Chief Embezzlement Officer.

CFO - Corporate Fraud Officer.

BULL MARKET - A random market movement causing an investor to mistake himself for a financial genius.

BEAR MARKET - A six to eighteen month period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry, and the husband gets no sex!

VALUE INVESTING - The art of buying low and selling lower.

P/E RATIO - The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the market keeps crashing.

BROKER - What my broker has made me.

(S&P) STANDARD & POOR - Your life in a nutshell.

STOCK ANALYST - Idiot who just downgraded your stock.

STOCK SPLIT -- When your ex-wife and her lawyer split your assets equally between themselves.

MARKET CORRECTION - The day after you buy stocks.

CASH FLOW - The movement your money makes as it disappears down the Toilet.

INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR - Past year investor who's now locked up in a Nuthouse.

MOMENTUM INVESTING - The fine art of buying high and selling low.

'BUY, BUY' - A flight attendant making market recommendations as you step off the plane.

FINANCIAL PLANNER - A guy who actually remembers his wallet when he runs to the 7-Eleven for toilet paper and cigarettes.

CALL OPTION - Something people used to do with a telephone in ancient times before e-mail.

YAHOO - What you yell after selling all you owned to some poor sucker for $240 per share.

WINDOWS - What you jump out of when you're the sucker that bought Yahoo for $240 per share.

PROFIT - Religious guy who talks to God.

And so it goes.

Before I leave again, I'd like to apologize for
making the comment that I should watch
Seinfeld again on the other thread. I thought
it was this thread. I should have made the
comment here and so I apologize.

mom: Do you have to get some Tide HE for your new appliances? Hmm?

slideshow_783059_mike10192008.jpg

I was just wondering...

If you were continually misspelling something or using incorrect punctuation, etc. etc.... would you want someone to let you know?

Or would you not care?

There's definitely two camps on this issue. Some people don't care about this and don't see where it makes a hoot of difference as long as you understand what they are saying.

Others feel spelling and punctuation are important (at least, they were taught that it was in school) and that it speaks to one's intelligence.

What do you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member