Found Alive OH - A. C., 14, Barberton, 4 Dec 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope no one thinks that I'm defending this guy because I'm not at all. I'm just having a hard time believing everything that I've read now knowing that her mom was arrested for giving untrue information about the situation. I threw my scenario in because I know parents sometimes make things out to be worse than what they really are. I really hope that AC is ok and that's all that matters right now.

Legally she can't consent to sex. She can consent to go with anyone she wants too. There is no law that says someone under 18 can't consent to go with someone of their own free will.

ETA: Of course, since her mother reported her missing then she doesn't have parental consent to be with her cousin.

BBM we don't know why AC went to the Sheetz with HC to meet LJ (if that is what happened). So "consent" that night is going to be an issue (if that is what happened and we really don't know). This and the lack of action by the parents other than a few FB posts is disturbing IMO

When I was in high school (mind you this was 2009 and things have probably changed since then) a freshman was able to hack into the district's filtering software and allow access to sites like Facebook and Myspace.

If AC's phone has data she wouldn't even have to go through filters to access bad stuff at school, etc. My cousin who's AC's age has been able to access stuff like Worldstar Hip Hop and Archive of Our Own (fan fiction site that has a lot of NSFW content) at school, and my brother's friend who's two-ish years out of high school claims he was able to get on GRINDR of all things at school while connected to their wifi.

The exact same thing has been happening at my son’s middle school and my daughter’s high school over the last few years.

This happened two years ago when my daughter was 13:

I had I thought she had canceled her Tumblr account (this site, too, has lots of NSFW material, including those showing members doing drugs, having sex, etc.). Come to find out, she had opened a new account while at school (according to her anyway, which I have no way of verifying, but numerous other kids have told me they have been able to access various SM sites on school computers also).

One day, I received a possible fraudulent activity alert from my credit card company. After talking to them on the phone, I found out the cc had been used to purchase Amtrak tickets, burner phone minutes, food in a city I have never even been to, and more. I canceled the account immediately.

I had a hunch and confronted my daughter right away, and she confessed she had sent pics of the front and back of the card to an 18-year-old she met on Tumblr via kik. He had also asked her for my now-ex-husband’s social security number, but fortunately, she couldn’t find it. I went straight to our local police station.

We were able to get her to turn her phone in to LE; by that point, he was on an Amtrak train, on his way to come and visit her (and who knows what else). With the info he had provided to Amtrak, combined with what my daughter knew about him, LE was able to identify him within a couple of hours.

He was already known to the authorities where he lived -in fact already on probation for drug-related offenses-, was apprehended within a month, and after spending a year in his local jail on probation violation, he was arrested on a warrant out of our local county.

After pleading guilty to accosting a minor for immoral purposes and credit card fraud, he now sits in prison; he is also required to register as a SO for the next 25 years.

I wish I would have been able to prevent all of this, not only for my daughter’s sake (she still thinks he was truly in love with her ...), but to a degree, the young man’s (but I also believe had he not been caught, he may still be doing the same to other vulnerable, naive, teenage girls; still, I hope and pray he turns his life around, unlike -sorry for the language- the LJ, who has proven himself incapable of doing so).

My apologies for the long post. And I do not mean to take any attention away from A. I just wanted to show how easily and quickly a situation like hers can develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The exact same thing has been happening at my son’s middle school and my daughter’s high school over the last few years.

This happened two years ago, and when my daughter was 13:

I had I thought she had canceled her Tumblr account (this site, too, has lots of NSFW material, including those showing members doing drugs, having sex, etc.). Come to find out, she had opened a new account while at school (according to her anyway, which I have no way to verify, but numerous other kids have told me they have been able to access various SM sites on scool computers also).

One day, I received a possible fraudulent activity alert from my credit card company. After talking to them on the phone, I found out the cc had been used to purchase Amtrak tickets, burner phone minutes, food in a city I have never even been to, and more. I canceled the account immediately.

I had a hunch and confronted my daughter right away, and she confessed she had sent pics of the front and back of the card to an 18-year-old she met on Tumblr via kik. He had also asked her for my now-ex-husband’s social security number, but fortunately, she couldn’t find it. I went straight to our local police station.

We were able to get her to turn her phone into LE; by that point, he was on an Amtrak train, on his way to come and visit her (and who knows what else). With the info he’d provided to Amtrak, combined with what my daughter knew about him, LE was able to identify him within a couple of hours.

He was already known to the authorities where he lived -in fact already on probation for drug-related offenses-, was apprehended within a month, and after spending a year in his local jail on probation violation, he was arrested on a warrant out of our local county.

After pleading guilty to accosting a minor and credit card fraud, he now sits in prison; he is also required to register as a SO for the next 25 years.

I wish I would have been able to prevent all of this, not only for my daughter’s sake (she still thinks he was truly in love with her ...), but to a degree, the young man’s. But then I also believe had he not been caught, he may still be doing the same to another vulnerable, naive, teenage girl.

My apologies for the long post. And I do not mean to take any attention away from A. I just wanted to show how easily and quickly a situation like hers can develop.

...or he’d be in jail anyway, but your daughter would be missing or dead! Yikes.

Ok maybe it’s just me, but I’m not getting “autistic” from AC’s Instagram at all.

That's what I don't get from AC moving to homeschooling. Not that I think homeschooling is bad, but she was moved from a formal system to home. Usually I think it would be the other way around, that the parents would fight to get someone with this condition into a special school. Something happened in the Aug timeframe IMO.

ETA - to not allow people to detect and report.

...or he’d be in jail anyway, but your daughter would be missing or dead! Yikes.

You are absolutely right. When the Nicole Lovell case happened just a few months later, it truly made me realize how close my daughter came to having the same fate as her. I really feel for Nicole's parents.

And I am so scared for A. right now.

That's what I don't get from AC moving to homeschooling. Not that I think homeschooling is bad, but she was moved from a formal system to home. Usually I think it would be the other way around, that the parents would fight to get someone with this condition into a special school. Something happened in the Aug timeframe IMO.

ETA - to not allow people to detect and report.

I think it possibly went like this:

* A. was bullied or bothered at school. She didn't like it and her mom was angry at the school.
* A. got pregnant and/or other family troubles at the start of the school year
* Decision to homeschool - with the "reason" being the bullying that happened, but perhaps the real reason was because of pregnancy or to hide other family issues.

I don't think the decision to homeschool was for academic reasons, and I don't think much homeschooling was actually happening.

Speculation only. jmo

I think it possibly went like this:

* A. was bullied or bothered at school. She didn't like it and her mom was angry at the school.
* A. got pregnant and/or other family troubles at the start of the school year
* Decision to homeschool - with the "reason" being the bullying that happened, but perhaps the real reason was because of pregnancy or to hide other family issues.

I don't think the decision to homeschool was for academic reasons, and I don't think much homeschooling was actually happening.

Speculation only. jmo

Agree. IMO not for bullying, even though some could point to some negative posts online. If so you just move to from the regular school to the other school, not home? Something caused her to in effect drop out IMO.

Agree. IMO not for bullying, even though some could point to some negative posts online. If so you just move to from the regular school to the other school, not home? Something caused her to in effect drop out IMO.

Yes, I think "homeschooling" in this particular case was a cover for "dropping out."

Sending a pregnant 14yo to school would likely cause questions from the school personnel. Rightly so!

jmo

I only hope for the best for A. here. I understand that Some people might not like my opinion of LJ. I think he's a very troubled man and I am very concerned for A. while she is with him. I'm also concerned for what will become of A. should she return from this mess of events. It is my opinion to believe that LJ is at the root of this i.e the pregnancy (if that is indeed true), the disappearances etc and I do trust other sources other than just MSM or LE even if they can't be discussed here.

I didn't mean to cause harm by voicing my opinion on this guy or discussing what had been released in other sources and had hoped we had a VI here. Sorry if I upset the others here with it.

MSM link, but still *as reported by AC’s mother to LE*

“Helenea Clay also said her daughter is pregnant, and that Jakab may be the unborn child’s father, reports the TV station Fox8 Cleveland.”
http://people.com/crime/pregnant-ohio-teen-missing-adult-cousin-fugitive/

Thanks keeleydoll. Unfortunately, this is where our "facts" come from... parents. LE aren't usually present at the time of a disappearance, news stations aren't usually present at the time of a disappearance, we aren't usually present at the time of a disappearance so it falls on parents to inform LE of these facts and LE inform us. This is with every case. It's just unfortunate that in this case, Mom is a proven liar and now we have to question everything she says. But it is still what we have to go with, else there is nothing.

Could this, hypothetically, be a possibility:

AC is SA in her home and LJ knows that the situation is bad (abuse, drug use, pregnant by someone at 14 [not LJ]).

Despite being a wanted felon, LJ is trying to get AC out of that very bad situation. A situation that none of us know anything about.

LJ certainly has extremely poor decision making skills and judgement. So instead of calling the police to intervene in the situation (which he would not do, being a felon), he protects AC the only way he knows how, by taking her away from that situation.

So LJ risks his freedom, knowing that he already is wanted, in order to protect his young cousin. He doesn't care about the consequences to him, only that he needs to protect AC.

I just want to know if anyone has considered this? I am just playing devil's advocate to think critically of all possibilities.

I personally don't think this is the truth of what happened, but I don't 100% believe the scenario given by the mother. Especially since AC was abducted at midnight on a school night and was driven there by the mother, who is an admitted liar and doing jail time for it.

Could this, hypothetically, be a possibility:

AC is SA in her home and LJ knows that the situation is bad (abuse, drug use, pregnant by someone at 14 [not LJ]).

Despite being a wanted felon, LJ is trying to get AC out of that very bad situation. A situation that none of us know anything about.

LJ certainly has extremely poor decision making skills and judgement. So instead of calling the police to intervene in the situation (which he would not do, being a felon), he protects AC the only way he knows how, by taking her away from that situation.

So LJ risks his freedom, knowing that he already is wanted, in order to protect his young cousin. He doesn't care about the consequences to him, only that he needs to protect AC.

I just want to know if anyone has considered this? I am just playing devil's advocate to think critically of all possibilities.

I personally don't think this is the truth of what happened, but I don't 100% believe the scenario given by the mother. Especially since AC was abducted at midnight on a school night and was driven there by the mother, who is an admitted liar and doing jail time for it.

While I don't think that is the case, I agree and appreciate this is definitely a possibility. And honestly, I hope it is. I hope he is protecting her rather than hurting her.

Link from earlier post

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news...ng-teen-believed-to-be-with-a-wanted-fugitive

"According to C.'s aunt, this is not the first time she has gone missing with Jakab. She says the pair disappeared in September and returned home right before Thanksgiving after police found them. When C. came back home, she was about eight weeks pregnant."

Do we know exactly when in September she went missing the first time? Her mom posted comments on her Instagram on photos dated Sept. 3 and 18 that may give a clue.

I don't think she was in a good home life (and the other children either) but I can't imagine how going with him is an improvement. Seems from her IG posts that she may have gotten to favor him however and he took advantage of that.
She should have been saved by other means.

I only hope for the best for A. here. I understand that Some people might not like my opinion of LJ. I think he's a very troubled man and I am very concerned for A. while she is with him. I'm also concerned for what will become of A. should she return from this mess of events. It is my opinion to believe that LJ is at the root of this i.e the pregnancy (if that is indeed true), the disappearances etc and I do trust other sources other than just MSM or LE even if they can't be discussed here.

I didn't mean to cause harm by voicing my opinion on this guy or discussing what had been released in other sources and had hoped we had a VI here. Sorry if I upset the others here with it.

You didn't cause any harm at all AnaPisces. We are all allowed to express our opinions here. There's no rule against that. Some people like them, some people don't. I happen to agree with you that AC is with LJ and in a very dangerous situation. I can only hope this ends with her returning safe and sound. I also hope her home life is evaluated to insure it's a safe place to be. JMO

Do we know exactly when in September she went missing the first time? Her mom posted comments on her Instagram on photos dated Sept. 3 and 18 that may give a clue.

Mom's IG is private, what was the clue?

You didn't cause any harm at all AnaPisces. We are all allowed to express our opinions here. There's no rule against that. Some people like them, some people don't. I happen to agree with you that AC is with LJ and in a very dangerous situation. I can only hope this ends with her returning safe and sound. I also hope her home life is evaluated to insure it's a safe place to be. JMO

Thank you, LaborDayRN. I appreciate this more than I can express. While I hope that this is a better situation than it appears, I don't have much confidence in my own hopes. I do hope answers come soon though, whatever the outcome, it's been too long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vmaximus
Back