Found Deceased OH - Alex Enslen, 31, Missing after drinking at bar, West Chester, 31 Jan 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live close to West Chester, but I'm not familiar with that bar. Maybe the bartender knows them, since they live in walking distance, and didn't required an ID? And not all places are great about getting ID, even when they should. I still think it's weird that he didn't have his wallet, though.

I am just picking up this case; I got a tattoo touched up at a tattoo place across the street from the Walmart and saw flyers all over the place. The area where he went missing is pretty built up, lots of restaurants and stores. I'm surprised there isn't more CCTV. The Walmart is right next to I-75, maybe he walked over to the highway and hitched?

I wonder if they searched the Norfolk-Southern train tracks and the woods along them (behind Walmart)? He may have just kept walking, not realizing where he was, and ended up on the tracks. moo

This article says Midwest EquuSearch searched the area around where he was last seen. I don't know if that means the woods behind Walmart or not.
Search efforts continue for missing West Chester man (fox19.com)
The woods don't look like much on Google maps, but they're actually appear pretty deep when you drive past. I've never been back there to see if there's a water source or anything.

WEST CHESTER TOWNSHIP, Ohio — More than a month after her son disappeared, Jenny Enslen is not giving up hope.

"I keep praying for some answers and praying for a miracle," Jenny Enslen said. "This is out of character for him. I can't think of a reason he would leave and not call. He's never done that before."

Her 31-year-old son, Alex Enslen, has not been seen since the early morning hours of Jan. 31.

More at Mother of missing West Chester man: 'None of this makes sense. Please help us find him'

I think this article has new information. They said he was already intoxicated when he arrived at the bar and then continued to drink. Also the police confirm that they searched all of the woods and water in the area.
West Chester police release new photos of missing man, map of his last known movements
Yes - from the same article:
"The friend actually falls down and can't keep up with him, and when he looks up, he's already, he's starting to circle around the buildings, and he lost sight of him, and he couldn't find him," Tivin said.
A security camera picked Enslen up standing behind Domino's. He was never seen again.

His phone and wallet were found at his apartment.

Seems odd.

From a web article, the GF is quoted as saying that "they later found Enslen's phone and wallet at his apartment." She says WE. It's a bit ambiguous who she means as "we". There were quotes from the roommate earlier in the report, and just before that statement, Enslen's mother is quoted.

Plus, I wonder how much later. Hours or days? Personally, unless they were hidden away, after learning Alex was missing, as a concerned roommate, I would have shamelessly snooped around for an explanatory note saying where he was or a clue or something. I would have found those things.

In a WLWT report, the GF is quoted as saying she didn't know why he would have left those things at home. Me, too. If it was his habit to leave those two important items at home in similar situations, fine-- but if not... yeah. I don't think he left them there because he was intoxicated. This is just me, but if I am able to walk, I'm going to have my phone and wallet on me. I always think there's a lot of what-ifs out there to be dealt with and I'd have my phone and wallet with me for help if I needed it.

In the same media report cited before (Fox 19) the roommate says he expected he'd get a call from Alex asking for a ride home. That would indicate he didn't know (or wanted to appear that way) that Alex didn't have his phone. I think that's possible. Ditto for the wallet I guess. Maybe not when they left, but later at the bar, unless they just split up totally in the bar. I suppose Enslen had cash or they worked that part out. Yes, I think that's possible Alex and he never talked about those items at all that night. "Likely to" is a different matter.

Last edited:
Saw the interview with his girlfriend and family member. No interviews with the roommate he was out with that night?
Interesting.

You probably know this by now, but the roommate was interviewed and the article was published on Feb 17, on Fox19(dot)com.

Isn't his roommate speaking in the video in the the first post above? Was the roommate upset that were asked to leave the bar? Wouldn't Alex say where he was going if he ran across the road? Why would roommate think he was going to a friend's? Did a friend live over there? Is the friend the last one to see him or was Alex seen on Walmart video in the parking lot? MOO

The last sighting of Alex was on security cam behind the large building that contained a Domino's Pizza in the south front corner. The camera may have belonged to Domino's or not. That report was from the March 15th. In that first video above (from Feb. 17th), the reporter says Alex was seen on cam behind the Walmart, but that isn't confirmed. The footage shown, is from behind the Domino's and she says that. So, IDK.... Only the "Domino's footage" has been released, AFAIK at this time.

As far as being seen by a person first hand, the roommate said Alex ran in the direction of Walmart, but the article doesn't specifically say that's where he went or went behind. Maybe the report of the Walmart cam was incorrect, IDK. Anyway, the police show Alex as crossing between the Sonic Drive-In and Auto Zone.

A new article from today. They have expanded the search to Middletown, which is where I live. The article says she lives near Towne Mall, and there's really only one residence right there and it's an apartment complex so I'm guessing that that's probably where she lives. They said they've searched around the area, there's a little bit of woods, but it's mostly built up. Besides the mall and the apartment complex there are some restaurants and then a Kroger and a Meijer, some other little stores.
https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-new...issing-west-chester-man-expands-to-middletown
ETA: just to be clear I'm not implying that the girlfriend should be a person of interest. I was just trying to explain the area that was discussed in the article a little bit.

Last edited:
I wonder if they searched the Norfolk-Southern train tracks and the woods along them (behind Walmart)? He may have just kept walking, not realizing where he was, and ended up on the tracks. moo
One of his friends made a video with a little bit more info and posted it on TikTok and Facebook. Train tracks are mentioned. The police tried to track Alex's scent. To me that and the timeline don't make it look like his roommate is involved in his disappearance.

I'm fascinated how it took so long. Someone had told me when it warmed up (we have had several days in the high 60s) he'd "surface." RIP man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back