OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely interesting that there was an altercation with Clint. That seems to have been dropped by investigators. Why?

If you have the potential to be implicated in a crime or hold information about potential crimes, the smart move would be to lawyer up and cease cooperation with law enforcement. Clint - whether he is guilty of anything or not - did precisely that to cover his behind. It's the same concept as pleading the 5th IMO

Last edited:
The one question I want answered (aside from where is he?) is how can people believe he is still alive when not one camera captured him after the bar? There were plenty of businesses around with operating cameras, this was 2006 not 1974.

Of course I don’t know what happened, but I find it very hard to believe he is still alive when not one trace of him has been found. One would think a camera would have captured him stumbling around.

The one question I want answered (aside from where is he?) is how can people believe he is still alive when not one camera captured him after the bar? There were plenty of businesses around with operating cameras, this was 2006 not 1974.

Of course I don’t know what happened, but I find it very hard to believe he is still alive when not one trace of him has been found. One would think a camera would have captured him stumbling around.
Probably an emotional thing more than a rational thing. From a rational standpoint, Brian was almost certainly dead within hours, probably minutes, of appearing on that surveillance vid chatting up the two young ladies. The absolute radio silence from that moment on? Dead - that's why. Dead, and out of view. No senseless, long-running Houdini stunt, just a stupid accident that morn. A proper investigation (think shovels) in the days following the disappearance would have quickly resolved the case IMO.

Last edited:

That and the fact that not a single hint of him being alive has surfaced from anywhere in all these years since. He disappeared on the cusp of the social media age and even had a MySpace page. Yet No ex-girlfriend who stumbled upon his missing persons case one day on social media or YouTube and thought “hey that guy looks a bit familiar”, no friends or acquaintances found out and let something slip that he’s alive, no traces of him doing anything financially or medically, no contacts that had dealings with him even briefly have come forward with any possible sighting. Even though Brian’s case is not THAT well known universally, his disappearance does pick up more views than most within the true crime community and his case is often listed in the top 5-10 if you google something general like “people who disappeared into thin air” “people who vanished without a trace”. I don’t consider it 100 percent impossible that he could have took off voluntarily but it calls for a giant leap of faith that this guy for 15 years has simply changed his name and appearance and been living a perfectly normal life at some tourist resort or island off the coast. unless he’s living as a hermit in a log cabin in the middle of the forest I don’t see how he could pull it off

Probably an emotional thing more than a rational thing. From a rational standpoint, Brian was almost certainly dead within hours, probably minutes, of appearing on that surveillance vid chatting up the two young ladies. The absolute radio silence from that moment on? Dead - that's why. Dead, and out of view. No senseless, long-running Houdini stunt, just a stupid accident that morn. A proper investigation (think shovels) in the days following the disappearance would have quickly resolved the case IMO.

I’m 6’1 and close to Brian’s height. Is there a YouTube video on how to perfectly bury one’s dead self postmortem?

The actual professional police force searched the construction zone. He ain’t there. He’s probably not alive but if it were that easy how was zero blood spatter or bodily evidence discovered? There’s been no trace of him at the Gateway complex or otherwise, and that’s why being alive plus all other possibilities remain viable.

Last edited:
Hi there, I’m new to these threads but have been following this case for a very long time. I am curious about something and I’m sure this has already been covered or talked about, but on Brian’s MySpace page it says that his last login was on April 12, 2006. Was this friends or family signing in to his account? Has this ever been confirmed? It’s a small detail that probably doesn’t mean much but it’s certainly been bugging me for quite some time. I don’t remember seeing any info on whether or not his MySpace had been logged into by anyone other than him. Thanks!

Hi there, I’m new to these threads but have been following this case for a very long time. I am curious about something and I’m sure this has already been covered or talked about, but on Brian’s MySpace page it says that his last login was on April 12, 2006. Was this friends or family signing in to his account? Has this ever been confirmed? It’s a small detail that probably doesn’t mean much but it’s certainly been bugging me for quite some time. I don’t remember seeing any info on whether or not his MySpace had been logged into by anyone other than him. Thanks!

On 5 April, 2006 Brian's girlfriend, Alexis, made a post on his Myspace mentioning the fact that Brian was not the one who was logging into his account. So it was either loved ones, or perhaps even LE, logging into the account. Her post reads as follows:

"For anyone looking at this profile online, please let me know if they have heard from Brian. He has been mising for a few days now, and there is a huge search and investigation looking for him. We have to check all of his websites occasionally, so he is not the one logging into Myspace as of right now. Hopefully, he will be soon. Thank you very much."

BBM above...
Last call (for alcohol) is before 2am, IT'S OVER at 2am...Just saying

I'm in Ohio, and that's not correct. Last call for alcohol has never been before 2am (bar time or otherwise). IME, as a member of various bands over the years who have played in Ohio bars, last call is at or right before 2:15. The last set ordinarily doesn't end until 2am. While it wouldn't bother me, many bandmates look forward to that last drink after playing wraps up. All drinks must be pulled no later than 2:30am, at which time they'll herd patrons pretty swiftly toward the exits. If the band is not playing back to back gigs and has to tear down, they are considered employed by the bar for that night and are not required to leave by 2:30, and neither is any guest or friend who may be "helping" (think roadie, DD, a patron waiting for an Uber...). The times I gave are bar times, which, it's fairly standard to be 10 minutes ahead, very occasionally 15. That gives bar employees 10 minutes in real time to get people out the door by 2:30. But, again, in my experience, they won't fine if a patron is still inside at 2:30. They will fine if drinks are being consumed after 2:30 actual time. Just my two cents and imhoo.

I'm in Ohio, and that's not correct. Last call for alcohol has never been before 2am (bar time or otherwise). IME, as a member of various bands over the years who have played in Ohio bars, last call is at or right before 2:15. The last set ordinarily doesn't end until 2am. While it wouldn't bother me, many bandmates look forward to that last drink after playing wraps up. All drinks must be pulled no later than 2:30am, at which time they'll herd patrons pretty swiftly toward the exits. If the band is not playing back to back gigs and has to tear down, they are considered employed by the bar for that night and are not required to leave by 2:30, and neither is any guest or friend who may be "helping" (think roadie, DD, a patron waiting for an Uber...). The times I gave are bar times, which, it's fairly standard to be 10 minutes ahead, very occasionally 15. That gives bar employees 10 minutes in real time to get people out the door by 2:30. But, again, in my experience, they won't fine if a patron is still inside at 2:30. They will fine if drinks are being consumed after 2:30 actual time. Just my two cents and imhoo.

Last call by law in Ohio is 2am, but a special license can be acquired for a bar to serve until 2:30. I’m a bartender in a different state but with a 2am “last call” as well and we stop serving a few mins before that and you need to finish your drink and start heading for the door at 2am. I was usually already cleaning by then lol.

Last call by law in Ohio is 2am, but a special license can be acquired for a bar to serve until 2:30. I’m a bartender in a different state but with a 2am “last call” as well and we stop serving a few mins before that and you need to finish your drink and start heading for the door at 2am. I was usually already cleaning by then lol.
Welcome to Ws Almondine, good information, cheers!

I guess every bar I've been in in Ohio must have the special license you reference.

The Ugly Tuna closed at 2:30am. You do not have to head for the door at 2am, at least that wasn't the case at UT. I have been there and also spoke to two employees a few months before they closed to verify hours. There is an old menu listed on line also that has their hours listed and it says closes at 2:30 am. This is on a Saturday but I do not remember if it is different on a weekday.

Attachments

• ut8.png
    ut8.png
    405.9 KB · Views: 33
The only way I think he would have left to go live a new life is if he hooked up with a girl , and went back to her place, and in the morning decided not to go back to his old life. No way does someone make such a decision at 2 am after drinking all night. If he went somewhere with this hookup or went separate ways, in my opinion, it was a decision he made later, after sobering up.

The only way I think he would have left to go live a new life is if he hooked up with a girl , and went back to her place, and in the morning decided not to go back to his old life. No way does someone make such a decision at 2 am after drinking all night. If he went somewhere with this hookup or went separate ways, in my opinion, it was a decision he made later, after sobering up.

There has been a lot of discussion over the years about the possibility of Brian having left to start a new life, and from what I have seen... no one who gives credence to that theory is actually suggesting that Brian made the decision at 2am. I don't think that Brian hooking up with a girl is the only thing that makes it possible either. Generally, discussions around this theory tend to lean towards Brian's exit having been meticulously planned over a period of time, and possibly assisted by someone else.

....and in the morning decided not to go back to his old life. No way does someone make such a decision at 2 am after drinking all night.

No way? Really? I don't agree. They are exactly the decisions I make about my life at 2am after drinking......it can knock inhibitions out of the way and bring suppressed thoughts to the fore.

You can see your life in ways you can't when you're sober and have different thoughts to when you're sober. For better, or worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member