OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an unspeakable tragedy...how can one family endure so much? My thoughts go out to Brian's brother.

This is unbelievably sad. My prayers go out to Derrick and the rest of the Shaffer family.

I pray his father is at peace now and knows the answers to the questions that he desperately searched for since Brian's disappearance.

Why is it that there are some people that experience so much tragedy? I had a friend that within two years she had a baby with cerebral palsey, here mom died of cancer, her husband was killed in a car accident, she got engaged and then her fiance was killed by a train. Bless this surviving brother!

oh my god .. i cant believe i am reading this.
randy died without ever knowing what happened to his beloved son.
my prayers are with derrick during this tragedy. just a few years ago he was part of a family of 4, now he is all alone.

This is the most awful news I have heard in a long time. It seems so unfair for Derrick. There are no words.

Is there anything we can do for Derck to let him know that he is not alone right now; does anyone know of a guest book that is available to sign?

People are leaving messages on Brian's web site.

findbrianshaffer.com

I can't believe this! How heartbreaking!! :(

My thoughts & prayers are with Derrick...

Oh how tragic. He has the answers now. My thoughts and prayers to Derrick and the rest of the family and friends.

RIP Mr. Shaffer

OT- Mary Beth love your avator! :blowkiss:

Oh how tragic. He has the answers now. My thoughts and prayers to Derrick and the rest of the family and friends.

RIP Mr. Shaffer

OT- Mary Beth love your avator! :blowkiss:

Thanks, Cubby...it's looking pretty good for the team...(fingers crossed!)

Nice article today in the Dispatch.

Mike Harden commentary: Hope, faith may be a solace for loss

By: Mike Harden

If you have a candle to spare after the power outages of the week just past, light it for the Shaffer family.

On Friday, kin and friends of Randall Shaffer buried him at Lancaster's Maple Grove Cemetery. He died Sunday after being struck by a storm-felled branch in the backyard of his Baltimore home, east of Columbus in Fairfield County. In The Book of Common Prayer, the petition accompanying funeral rites beseeches the heavens: Help us, we pray, in the midst of things we cannot understand, to believe and trust in the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins and the resurrection to life everlasting.

The Shaffers are certainly a family staggering beneath the weight of things they cannot understand.

More at link.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/liv...1/MIKE21_ART_09-21-08_B1_L8BCQNA.html?sid=101

Oh this breaks my heart. Poor Derek. I am very sad to hear about Mr Shaffer. What a trajic loss for this family in such a short time. I hope Derek has lots of friends and support- I hope some of you on line here know him personally, cuz your all such a nice bunch. :)

God Bless His heart!! :blowkiss::blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member