OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up on the website update. That letter from Derek is heartbreaking.

A reward of up to$25,500 is currently been offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Brian R. Shaffer. If you, or someone you know, have any information that could be helpful in our search for Brian, please call toll free at 1-877-645-TIPS (8477) or click here to leave a tip. Either way will allow you to REMAIN ANONYMOUS.

http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/

The website also has links to recent articles about the case that people might have missed, including the article that names Clint Florence, Brian's "friend," as someone who may know more about the case than he has said.

Sometimes they work for me (Safari) and sometimes they don't. Frustrating.

Someone knows when Brian left the bar. Someone knows where he was going, and if he was alone or with someone else. Speak up. Brian's brother has had enough heartache for a lifetime.

Someone knows when Brian left the bar. Someone knows where he was going, and if he was alone or with someone else. Speak up. Brian's brother has had enough heartache for a lifetime.[/quote]

Amen....:(

Taken from the Project Jason site thread, which includes recent articles on Brian. (For those who can't get the buttons on Brian's site to work.)

The last time Shaffer was seen on surveillance video outside the Ugly Tuna Saloona he was with two women, Brightan Zatko and Amber Ruic. Ruic said in a phone interview Friday that she was never asked to take a polygraph.

Brian's brother, Derek, is the last surviving member of the immediate family. His father, Randy, died on Sept. 14, 2008, when a tree limb fell on him outside his house during a windstorm. Derek's mother died of cancer three weeks before Brian went missing.

In a phone interview last week, Derek Shaffer said he was not asked to take a polygraph but that his father took and passed one. Derek Shaffer also said he thinks it's odd that Clint has refused to take any polygraphs.

"As soon as the detective started getting involved, that's when he pretty much had no contact with anybody," Derek Shaffer said. "I've always thought he definitely knows something - just won't come forward with it.

"If Brian did take off somewhere, if that is the case, we just always had a strong feeling that Clint would possibly know that."

Shaffer's girlfriend at the time, Alexis Waggoner, also thinks Florence knows something he doesn't want to tell. But her opinion regarding Shaffer's whereabouts now is different than Derek's.

"I don't think he's alive," Waggoner said. "I can't imagine he would have just done that."

Alexis Waggoner's father, Tom Waggoner, participated in the search for Shaffer in 2006. During that period he became acquainted with Florence.

"The gist of my perspective on Clint Florence is that I think that basically all roads to making any progress on the case on Brian Shaffer lead through Clint Florence," Tom Waggoner said.

I don't know how Clint could sleep at night, if he knows something that will bring peace to these people.

I agree. And evenif he thinks he has no information, taking a polygraph wouldn't hurt him at all, if he is telling the truth.

Is this case still stuck on Clint F? This guy needs to do the right thing. Take the polygraph and spill his guts. Brian deserves justice.

Clint should have taken the polygraph test years ago. Out of basic human decency, he should have done this. If he truly has nothing to hide he could have worked with investigators to prove his lack of involvement. Instead, he has seriously hindered the investigation into his friend's disappearance. With friends like Clint, who needs enemies?

I agree with all of you...why NOT take the polygraph if you have nothing to hide. If a friend of someone who is missing refuses to take a polygraph and refuses to work with LE, they are either hiding something or afraid for their own life because of what they know. I don't know what Clint's reasoning is, but if he was a good friend of Brian's, he should have been one of the first in line to take the lie detector test. I've said it before, but I just can't believe his refusal to help out doesn't look suspicious to LE. I'm sure by now he's already told LE if they have any further questions to just contact his attorney, who probably just tells them Clint has already told them everything he knows.

And another holiday weekend that Derek spends without father, mother, or brother. What do you suppose Clint Florence is doing this weekend? Going to a barbeque? A ball game? Seeing a movie? Visiting family and friends?

Here's a question to ponder: There is no way any one of us would know, for sure, how we would react if we went out for a night of fun with a best friend or relative and that person just--disappeared. But how many of us would refuse a polygraph? Show absolutely no interest in any of the searches for that friend or loved one? How many of us would read that "basically all roads to making any progress on the case lead through" us and STILL feel no obligation to get in the car and sit with the bereaved parents and siblings and answer any and all questions?

My guess is--only Clint Florence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member