Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/missingpersonfromohio/posts/1280653458678543

This is also a post that a Facebook page posted about Brian. I found one comment from a user if you scroll down, who said that her friend was working there that night. I replied to her comment asking if her friend knew about any trouble that Brian might have had with staff members but she doesn't believe so. I'm tempted to keep pressing for information but I don't want to be annoying haha.

https://www.facebook.com/missingpersonfromohio/posts/1280653458678543

This is also a post that a Facebook page posted about Brian. I found one comment from a user if you scroll down, who said that her friend was working there that night. I replied to her comment asking if her friend knew about any trouble that Brian might have had with staff members but she doesn't believe so. I'm tempted to keep pressing for information but I don't want to be annoying haha.

Interesting that she says the only way he could have gone was the bathroom or the balcony. I have seen a few others who know the bar say the same thing, but then other people who also know the bar say there was definitely a staff exit/service exit in the bar that he could have gone out of if he had access. I wish we could establish how many damn exits (including the construction) were in this bar at that particular time lol

Wouldn't it be something if one fine April Fool's Day, staff walked into the club to find Brian in full view ,just waiting for them?
imo.

Thinking of Brian today. Hoping for answers and closure for those who love and care about him. I also hope he's on a beach somewhere (although I do not suspect that is the case unfortunately).

Wouldn't it be something if one fine April Fool's Day, staff walked into the club to find Brian in full view ,just waiting for them?
imo.

Holy smokes. Can you imagine? :) They'd make a movie out of his life immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imo.

That would be amazing... The greatest prank of all time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I'm stating the obvious and I'm sure it's been covered but how do we know Brian wasn't killed inside the bar, stuffed in a garbage can and tossed in the dumpster and is now in a landfill?

I know I'm stating the obvious and I'm sure it's been covered but how do we know Brian wasn't killed inside the bar, stuffed in a garbage can and tossed in the dumpster and is now in a landfill?

The police and Brian's family/friends did search dumpsters Monday, but it's not impossible they could've been emptied before then or Brian's body removed some other way and disposed of.

I think some of us who are following keep that possibility in mind, while leaning more toward Brian exiting through the back door etc and somehow coming into his death after leaving.

Whatever happened, it is just odd how there is no trace of it:
1) If Brian had disappeared voluntarily, there is no evidence he did anything to set up a new identity or transfer funds to make his new life easier.
2) If someone inside the bar killed Brian, it's hard to imagine (even if it was after the public left) that no one else saw it happen or saw the body in the activity that would happen after closing. It's not easy to move a dead body without help.
3) If he left voluntarily (or by force) through a non-traditional exit again it is hard to believe no one else saw it happen even if it was after patrons left.

I have a hard time deciding on any one theory because of this. It is a real mystery. Even an overdose, even if his friends were complicit, would draw some attention and there was none.

Not if he had an accident in the construction site and was built over.

If you read quite a bit earlier in the threads, we linked some articles and interviews with police who examined that area with dogs. They felt confident the nature and stage of the construction did not present the possibility of his body being concealed there...and even thought it would've been difficult for Brian to access the area as the door was chained shut and Brian was likely too tall/big to squeeze through.

It's not so much that I don't think anyone could have 'not seen anything' exactly, but more so that they noticed something and just didn't care or were too drunk. For example, if Brian went out a non-traditional exit, I really don't think that a bunch of rowdy drunk people would pay much attention to it. They might have seen it and just forgot it right after. They probably didn't even see the guy's face who left, explaining why nobody claims to have seen Brian exit that night. Now murder is totally different- THAT would certainly go noticed if it happened during operating bar hours. I don't personally believe that's what happened though. If he cut through the construction exit, that probably wouldn't attract as much attention as you'd think.

With this case... Nothing is ruled out. There is absolutely no evidence leading us anywhere. There are endless theories but that's just where it all ends. Very, very frustrating. Sure sounds like Brian vanished into thin air or somebody is doing a great job at keeping silent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not so much that I don't think anyone could have 'not seen anything' exactly, but more so that they noticed something and just didn't care or were too drunk. For example, if Brian went out a non-traditional exit, I really don't think that a bunch of rowdy drunk people would pay much attention to it. They might have seen it and just forgot it right after. They probably didn't even see the guy's face who left, explaining why nobody claims to have seen Brian exit that night. Now murder is totally different- THAT would certainly go noticed if it happened during operating bar hours. I don't personally believe that's what happened though. If he cut through the construction exit, that probably wouldn't attract as much attention as you'd think.

I agree Matt,

For whatever reason, the camera missed Brian's exit. Or Brian went out through an employee or back exit not patrolled by the camera. I can't rule anything out in the absence of clear proof one way or the other. The most likely scenarios for me are:

1.) The alcohol had a terrible affect on his judgement and thinking or affected his body in some other medical way. Brian become emotionally confused or physically sick. (Maybe both.) He had an accident of some kind walking home or around that construction site. This lead to serious injury, resulting in fatality. No cover up, no homicide. But than, why has Clint been so evasive about the case and refused a polygraph after all these years? If this was an accidental death, Clint would have nothing to hide. What other reason would Clint have for refusing a polygraph? Unless he's afraid the results of the test will be wrong, and he doesn't want to have that evidence incriminated against him for the rest of his life.

2.) Brian went out undetected by the camera or an employee only exist and had an altercation with someone that night. Due to Brian being intoxicated and perhaps dealing with a stranger with a bad temper, or simply someone intending to do harm, Brian was assaulted and killed.

3.) Brian went to meet with the band. Clint's statement could be true, who knows? The band slipped Brian some bad drugs that had a fatal reaction to the booze, and Brian OD'ed. Clint is living with that past horror, and can't get that out of his mind, because during the evening he might have said to Brian, "It would be cool to talk to the band." That statement has haunted Clint. Maybe he feels that if he had not said that, Brian never would have vanished. Now this does not rule out Brian leaving to talk to the band, and he still goes undetected, and theory #1 still takes place.

4.) I don't think Brian hitchhiked and met up with a bad person doing that. He does not seem like the kind of person, drunk, or perhaps stoned, or both that would abandon his friends to do that.

5.) Brian was so depressed that he voluntarily left. Over his Mother's recent death, the pressure of medical school and the feeling that he wanted out, he left to start a new life. But this is unlikely, because how would he get out of town so quickly undetected. It is just not something that you would do after a night out of drinking with friends, Brian was close to his father, friends, and brother. I don't think he would hurt them like that. And think of all the things that Brian would have to do in such a short period of time to never been seen again?

6.) Brian went far away on his own accord to commit suicide. Maybe he confided in this to Clint and swore him to secrecy. Clint knew his plan and doesn't want to talk about it. But than, just like #5 to start a new life. Brian does not seem like the type that would put friends and family through something like killing himself.

7.) The least likely scenario is Brian was killed in the bar. Too easy to detect and with all the publicity on the case, there's no way that the perpetrator would get away with this inside the establishment.

Here is my percentage breakdown on what happened to Brian:

55% accidental death due to OD
30% foul play (but outside the bar.)
10% suicide
5% Left to start new life

Satch

I agree Matt,

For whatever reason, the camera missed Brian's exit. Or Brian went out through an employee or back exit not patrolled by the camera. I can't rule anything out in the absence of clear proof one way or the other. The most likely scenarios for me are:

1.) The alcohol had a terrible affect on his judgement and thinking or affected his body in some other medical way. Brian become emotionally confused or physically sick. (Maybe both.) He had an accident of some kind walking home or around that construction site. This lead to serious injury, resulting in fatality. No cover up, no homicide. But than, why has Clint been so evasive about the case and refused a polygraph after all these years? If this was an accidental death, Clint would have nothing to hide. What other reason would Clint have for refusing a polygraph? Unless he's afraid the results of the test will be wrong, and he doesn't want to have that evidence incriminated against him for the rest of his life.

2.) Brian went out undetected by the camera or an employee only exist and had an altercation with someone that night. Due to Brian being intoxicated and perhaps dealing with a stranger with a bad temper, or simply someone intending to do harm, Brian was assaulted and killed.

3.) Brian went to meet with the band. Clint's statement could be true, who knows? The band slipped Brian some bad drugs that had a fatal reaction to the booze, and Brian OD'ed. Clint is living with that past horror, and can't get that out of his mind, because during the evening he might have said to Brian, "It would be cool to talk to the band." That statement has haunted Clint. Maybe he feels that if he had not said that, Brian never would have vanished. Now this does not rule out Brian leaving to talk to the band, and he still goes undetected, and theory #1 still takes place.

4.) I don't think Brian hitchhiked and met up with a bad person doing that. He does not seem like the kind of person, drunk, or perhaps stoned, or both that would abandon his friends to do that.

5.) Brian was so depressed that he voluntarily left. Over his Mother's recent death, the pressure of medical school and the feeling that he wanted out, he left to start a new life. But this is unlikely, because how would he get out of town so quickly undetected. It is just not something that you would do after a night out of drinking with friends, Brian was close to his father, friends, and brother. I don't think he would hurt them like that. And think of all the things that Brian would have to do in such a short period of time to never been seen again?

6.) Brian went far away on his own accord to commit suicide. Maybe he confided in this to Clint and swore him to secrecy. Clint knew his plan and doesn't want to talk about it. But than, just like #5 to start a new life. Brian does not seem like the type that would put friends and family through something like killing himself.

7.) The least likely scenario is Brian was killed in the bar. Too easy to detect and with all the publicity on the case, there's no way that the perpetrator would get away with this inside the establishment.

10% suicide

Satch

I lean toward 2 being most likely, followed by 1.:) Good summaries of theories!

Do the security guards have access to the cctv recorder, how do they usually handle belligerent patrons?
speculation, imo.

I agree Matt,

10% suicide

Satch

I do believe it to be very likely that he did make it out of the bar that night undetected. I can't say how, but again, I feel people are focusing way too much on the camera situation. I would want to say an accident in the construction site, but the fact that the place was searched with dogs shortly after leads me to think otherwise. An accident any other place not involving another person would almost certainly lead to the body being discovered. I'm going to have to go ahead and assume someone else was involved, if not in any other way than to at least hide the body. #6 doesn't seem very likely either. I would certainly hope that if Clint had any inkling that Brian was going to commit suicide, he would have stopped him or got his family to intervene. I would never let one of my friends commit suicide if I knew that I had the opportunity to stop them (exception being if they were terminally ill and wanted to die with dignity). I definitely do think Clint knows about some habits or tendencies Brian had that may have let up to his death (drugs for example) and that's why he's keeping quiet. Perhaps he also partook every so often as well.

Just out of curiosity, what are your takes on the likelihood that he could still be in the Olentangy River? I mean in terms of getting dumped there, not accidentally stumbling in or jumping. I'm not sure how deep or active the river is, but I've heard of cases of people jumping off the George Washington bridge and their bodies never being found. I'm not sure how the river compares to the rivers of NYC, but I imagine it's significantly smaller. Is it possible he could have sunk to the bottom and just never surfaced? I'm not offering this up as a theory, but more of as a question for someone who might know more about the river than I do. Also not sure what direction it flows in, but could it flow towards Hilliard? Might explain the cell phone ping

Just out of curiosity, what are your takes on the likelihood that he could still be in the Olentangy River? I mean in terms of getting dumped there, not accidentally stumbling in or jumping. I'm not sure how deep or active the river is, but I've heard of cases of people jumping off the George Washington bridge and their bodies never being found. I'm not sure how the river compares to the rivers of NYC, but I imagine it's significantly smaller. Is it possible he could have sunk to the bottom and just never surfaced? I'm not offering this up as a theory, but more of as a question for someone who might know more about the river than I do. Also not sure what direction it flows in, but could it flow towards Hilliard? Might explain the cell phone ping

It doesn't seem to, according to Google maps it appears to be about ten miles to the east of Hilliard.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hil...bc7570c8b5ea54!2m2!1d-83.0330268!2d40.0415268

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc