OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to the above:

If Brian confided in Clint to swear to secrecy, why Clint? Why not someone closer to him or a relative?

Evidence circumstantial though it may be shows that Brian and Clint were not close.

" " Clint is shown to be untrustworthy.
Why does Clint need a lawyer if he is so innocent?
Someone who is likely "Drunk as a skunk" as I believe Brian was, would not be able to get very far by walking away only to never be seen again.

I still believe that Brian was missed by the cameras or went out the employee exit or down that elevator construction site. The Ugly Tuna is in a high crime area, and Brian either:

1.) Was mugged, or got into a fight and was killed. The perpetrator hiding the body. This happened when Brian left the bar.
2.) Was sick or inhibited by the booze and his impaired judgement lead him to be struck by a car. The driver panicked and hid the body.
3.) Brian hitchhiked home and was picked up by a "bad ride."
4.) Brian was being flirtatious with the two girls on the video. Clint didn't like that, and the drunken states of both of them escalated into rage either on the way home from the bar. They had a fight after leaving the bar on the way home or back at the apartment and Brian is killed. Clint spends six hours at the apartment cleaning up any evidence that may incriminate him. This would be the kind of thing that would make Clint lawyer up and not talk about the case. Only pretending to care for the first week or two, and not only stop caring, but he moves away to Texas, like six weeks later? When was that move?

(Note that #4's theory would explain why Clint had keys to Brian's apartment.)

If Brian left on his own accord maybe he wanted to share a final memory with friends. "One for the Road." Maybe he confided in Clint and no one else for reasons unknown. Than if that is the case, why can't Clint just come forward and say: "Brian decided to start life all over again. Stress of med school and his Mother's death were too overwhelming for him, and he just couldn't take it anymore." Why not say that? If that happened it would at least bring closure. But with none of his personal assets being used, Brian would need time to plan to leave forever. There was a matter of MINUTES between Brian being last seen, to never being seen again. This makes me suspect an accident or foul play was involved.

Has it ever been said by Clint what he thinks happened to Brian?

Satch

To answer two of your points, more with speculation however, :

1) I believe IF Brian confided in Clint about running away then he did it because anyone closer to him/a relative would have tried to convince him to stay or possibly tipped off his dad. Perhaps Clint was just close enough to be support of the decision but not close enough to really try to stop him, which Brian wouldn't have wanted anyway.

2) Clint cannot just come out and say "Brian is alive, he's starting a new life" because the cops would not believe that without evidence. They would pretty much force Clint into giving up his location because if Clint involved himself but didn't show any proof they would just assume that Clint is guilty and lying about him being alive to cover himself. Maybe Clint felt it was better to say nothing and not be forced to say anything by getting a layer rather than involve himself at all and be pressed to giving Brian's whereabouts.

Again, I don't personally believe this to be the case, just possibly answering two of your points. I also don't believe killed Brian directly. The timeframe for that is simply too small. Brian is seen at 1:55, Clint and Meredith (according to police) are seen on camera calling Brian outside the bar around 2:15(ish). I don't think Clint could calmly go in, kill him, and then walk out and make sure to be seen on camera to form an alibi. Most likely theory to me is that Clint suspects who might have been after him or know something about Brian and possibly himself that could have lead them into trouble with people.

I do feel bad for him if he is truly innocent and just happened to pick the wrong night to hang out with him, but I agree that he isn't doing much to make himself look more innocent at all. People are pretty quick to bastardize him. I think the only way this case can catch a second wind at this point is if LE puts new pressure on Clint to speak, but since they've seem to let him go I don't think anything will come of it again

To answer two of your points, more with speculation however, :

1) I believe IF Brian confided in Clint about running away then he did it because anyone closer to him/a relative would have tried to convince him to stay or possibly tipped off his dad. Perhaps Clint was just close enough to be support of the decision but not close enough to really try to stop him, which Brian wouldn't have wanted anyway.

2) Clint cannot just come out and say "Brian is alive, he's starting a new life" because the cops would not believe that without evidence. They would pretty much force Clint into giving up his location because if Clint involved himself but didn't show any proof they would just assume that Clint is guilty and lying about him being alive to cover himself. Maybe Clint felt it was better to say nothing and not be forced to say anything by getting a layer rather than involve himself at all and be pressed to giving Brian's whereabouts.

Again, I don't personally believe this to be the case, just possibly answering two of your points. I also don't believe killed Brian directly. The timeframe for that is simply too small. Brian is seen at 1:55, Clint and Meredith (according to police) are seen on camera calling Brian outside the bar around 2:15(ish). I don't think Clint could calmly go in, kill him, and then walk out and make sure to be seen on camera to form an alibi. Most likely theory to me is that Clint suspects who might have been after him or know something about Brian and possibly himself that could have lead them into trouble with people.

I do feel bad for him if he is truly innocent and just happened to pick the wrong night to hang out with him, but I agree that he isn't doing much to make himself look more innocent at all. People are pretty quick to bastardize him. I think the only way this case can catch a second wind at this point is if LE puts new pressure on Clint to speak, but since they've seem to let him go I don't think anything will come of it again

Matthew, I agree that people tend to bastardize Clint but let's be honest that people don't do so for no reason. He and his behavior come across as odd, uncaring, casual and strange for someone whose friend has gone missing. I don't believe anybody can look at this situation and not be struck by the oddity of his behavior after Brian's disappearance. Like it or not, he gives enough room for us to contemplate him as a possible suspect, because unfortunately, there is not anything that excludes him as such. There is a hanging cloud of disguise, secrecy and strangeness about this guy.

I am sure you can tell from my earlier posts that I don't believe that Clint is withholding some vague, indirect information. In my opinion, had the disclosure of any info not bear huge personal ramifications for him, he would have come forward. Simply, because there isn't any other logical reason to explain as to why he would completely distance himself from anything related to Brian's disappearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not able to access the video from the NBC news video from my current location, but can anybody tell where the 'spending six hours at Brian's apartment' info came from? I don't seem to be able to verify the source. It's an important clue and needs to be verified. I'm going to try to find out if Clint had an alibi for the rest of the night after leaving the bar.

Hi Brainy, this came from the March 2015 edition of the Ohio Missing Dispatch. On page 16, it states :

Reports indicate that Clint went to Brian's apartment on the day of his disappearance and spent 6 hours waiting for him to come home. It is unknown why he did this or what he did at the apartment. Clint moved to Tennessee in May of 2006. In June of 2006 Randy took a polygraph test and passed. The test was also offered to Clint and Meredith. Clint refused to take the test . In 2008 Randy was told by Clint's attorney that he would speak on the case if he was granted immunity. The following year Clint referred an email to his lawyer that was sent by a private investigator that took on the case. The lawyer responded that they have no reason to believe that Brian is dead and did not have any further comments.

http://www.magcloud.com/webviewer/900141?__r=563315&s=w
09c5c7947b8320488a37f80c122c07ed.jpg

Something else I noted from that Ohio Dispatch edition, from the Timeline, page 29:

July 2008: Police deny Don Corbett and Randy Shaffer access to Brian's police recordds because of Corbett's actions.

July 2008
: Randy is told by Clint's attorney that he will speak if granted immunity.

September 14, 2008
: Randy Shaffer is killed during a wind storm at his residents. A tree was blown over and landed on him.

September 17, 2008
: "Dad, I love you, Brian, - Virgin Islands" is posted on the Obituary guestbook. It is determined to be a hoax.
Note: On page 22 of the same edition, it states that
" A post was made on the site that said "Dad, I love you, Brian" and indicated the post was made in the Virgin Islands. The police investigated the post and determined it to be a hoax. The post was made from a public computer in Franklin County. It was never determined who made the post.
Just curious, if they don't know who made the post, how could they be 100% positive that it was a hoax?

July 2008: Randy is told by Clint's attorney that he will speak if granted immunity.

Can't be any more of a red herring than this regarding what Clint knows. In my view, he should talk and solve this mystery. Or at least give huge evidence that could solve what happened to Brian.

I think Clint now lives in Texas, not Tennessee, but can't confirm.

Satch

Can't be any more of a red herring than this regarding what Clint knows. In my view, he should talk and solve this mystery. Or at least give huge evidence that could solve what happened to Brian.

Satch

I read that he's in Texas now as well. Not sure if that was a misprint or just misinformation.

Matthew, I agree that people tend to bastardize Clint but let's be honest that people don't do so for no reason. He and his behavior come across as odd, uncaring, casual and strange for someone whose friend has gone missing. I don't believe anybody can look at this situation and not be struck by the oddity of his behavior after Brian's disappearance. Like it or not, he gives enough room for us to contemplate him as a possible suspect, because unfortunately, there is not anything that excludes him as such. There is a hanging cloud of disguise, secrecy and strangeness about this guy.

I am sure you can tell from my earlier posts that I don't believe that Clint is withholding some vague, indirect information. In my opinion, had the disclosure of any info not bear huge personal ramifications for him, he would have come forward. Simply, because there isn't any other logical reason to explain as to why he would completely distance himself from anything related to Brian's disappearance.

I agree with you - all behavior has meaning and his behavior is not consistent with someone who knows nothing.

hey I am just throwing this out i have no idea if I really think it is valid

were they super religious?

Sex with one another ??

hey I am just throwing this out i have no idea if I really think it is valid

were they super religious?

Sex with one another ??

Lol, don't beat around the bush!!:laughing:

Satch

Satch,

from what I know he lives in Tennessee. He works at Vanderbilt.

Attn a heterosexual male requested - that is funny

I just saw a pic of him without a shirt -- he had a pretty body.

The gay community was a couple of years ahead of when the fitness thing became an addiction for everyone

hertero dude anyone know when it became a must thing to work as far as hetero go

what i am wondering again (this is the first time this hit me ) but if there was some sex between them or he could not handle being gay

when did fitness start in hetero world ??

Just curious, if they don't know who made the post, how could they be 100% positive that it was a hoax?

Ah! Good question!

What makes me think that it was a hoax is that I don't think he would do anything to potentially expose himself like that. He would be well aware that such a message could be tracked. And then, also keep in mind that it was sent from a library close to where Brian went missing. (Columbus is in Franklin County, OH). There is no way Brian stayed in Columbus if he willingly disappeared.

If Brian had moved away willingly, then he's definitely not going by "Brian Shaffer" and not anywhere near Columbus, OH.

Satch

I think Clint talking is a wishful thinking. The guy has been silent for over a decade and has consistently distanced himself. Unfortunately, the odds of him coming forward are slim to none. Unless LE does something to push him for more he's not required to talk and he won't.

These folks did a peice (Dotr found) on the story

This story is republished from MEL Magazine. MEL aims to challenge, inspire and encourage readers to drop any preconceived notions of who they’re supposed to be.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]MEL Magazine covers sex, relationships, health, money and culture from a male point of view — even though we’re not all male (and aren’t always sure what that means). We value the stories that no one is hearing, the perspectives that no one is considering and the people that no one knows. Founded in 2015 in L.A. by Dollar Shave Club.
[/COLOR]

Brian’s phone pinged a tower in Hilliard, a suburb fourteen miles northwest of central Columbus. It could have been a glitch, it could have meant nothing. Still, it suggested the incredible: Brian was alive.

http://narrative.ly/a-guy-walks-into-a-barand-is-never-seen-again/

https://melmagazine.com/about

Ah! Good question!

What makes me think that it was a hoax, I don't think he would do anything to potentially expose himself like that. He would be well aware that such a message could be tracked. And then, also keep in mind that it was sent from a library close to where Brian went missing. (Columbus is in Franklin County, OH). There is no way Brian stayed in Columbus if he willingly disappeared.

If Brian had moved away willingly, then he's definitely not going by "Brian Shaffer" and not anywhere near Columbus, OH.

Was there more than one post -- I just read about one and it was pretty sick -- in and of itself would make me think BS

is that the one your referring to about ashes???

Was there more than one post -- I just read about one and it was pretty sick -- in and of itself would make me think BS

is that the one your referring to about ashes???

'I love you, dad' post was the only one that I am aware of. That's the one that they tracked to Franklin County Public Library, which is basically Columbus. That's a 100% hoax. No way Brian was in Columbus (alive) in 2008. There is absolutely no indication of that, and there is zero evidence that he is alive.... but, there is zero evidence that he is not.

'I love you, dad' post was the only one that I am aware of. That's the one that they tracked to Franklin County Public Library, which is basically Columbus. That's a 100% hoax. No way Brian was in Columbus (alive) in 2008. There is absolutely no indication of that, and there is zero evidence that he is alive.... but, there is zero evidence that he is not.

I was thinking, what if it was someone posting it who knows Brian is alive and in the Virgin Islands. Or, as you say, just a cruel hoax, yet I can't imagine what would be the motivation or gain to do such a thing. Or, third option, it was someone who wanted to misdirect and give the impression Brian could be alive whether they do or don't know, someone like Clint.

Attn a heterosexual male requested - that is funny

I just saw a pic of him without a shirt -- he had a pretty body.

The gay community was a couple of years ahead of when the fitness thing became an addiction for everyone

hertero dude anyone know when it became a must thing to work as far as hetero go

what i am wondering again (this is the first time this hit me ) but if there was some sex between them or he could not handle being gay

when did fitness start in hetero world ??

Or he didnt think his family could handle it, or he just couldn't handle them knowing?

I was thinking, what if it was someone posting it who knows Brian is alive and in the Virgin Islands. Or, as you say, just a cruel hoax, yet I can't imagine what would be the motivation or gain to do such a thing. Or, third option, it was someone who wanted to misdirect and give the impression Brian could be alive whether they do or don't know, someone like Clint.

No, I think the idea of someone knowing that he's alive and then posting on behalf of him is a stretch.

What would be motivation be? Attention. It is not uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member