OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank God that video is still available (unlike some others)----

@1:10 Alexis says Brian said to her about going to the bars that evening, "This is my chance to talk about you with .... guys".

This, combined with the dislikes between Alexis and Clint, and member CARIIS's suspicion about gay relationship, makes it more reasonable to suspect that, perhaps he told Clint about his upcoming vacation with Alexis and his plan to propose her, which may have upset Clint, causing some argument/confrontation/physical altercation.

Alexis said everything in his apartment looked to be in order. Not surprising if Clint had spent 6 hours there.

What do you all think if LE offer Clint immunity (the condition he asked for in order to undergo lie detector test)? In order to solve this case, worth it or not? Potential cons?
(Supposing he still agrees to that condition now, 11 years later)

Another thing: wonder if LE checked the bar's surveillance video captured AFTER that day, continuously from 2 am April 1 throughout the next few days. Reason I say this is in case something suspicious (say a big bag, suitcase, barrel....sorry for the eerie thoughts) was carried out. They most likely only checked the camera for a little after 2 am.

The only recent case with someone entering a building and never seen coming out is the Annie Le of Yale University, and we know what happened now.

That does resemble him, and the age is about right.

attachment.php

I wonder if LE checked the videos of other bars in the area that night? If they went to another bar they may be captured in the videos. Similarly, elsewhere...?

Dos anybody know where the pic of bearded man was taken? Does anybody have any more information on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another video about Alexis moving on with her life <modsnip>

[video=youtube;iLm1ZdQg7sY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLm1ZdQg7sY[/video]

<modsnip>

Dos anybody know where the pic of bearded man was taken? Does anybody have any more information on this?

It was linked by Miranda (great observation). It's homeless Americans in Mexico:

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/12/05/missing-men-mexico-do-you-recognize-them/

They only need to check this homeless man's upper right arm to see if he has a tattoo like the one Brian had.

The only difference I see is the homeless man's eyebrows seem to be thicker than Brian's. Other features, such as the face, nose, hairline, ear look very similar.

To compare with Brian's pictures I got from the web:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• bs1.jpg
    bs1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 177
  • bs2.jpg
    bs2.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 179
  • bs3.jpg
    bs3.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 176
  • mexicoman8john.jpg
    mexicoman8john.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 534
  • homessmantijuana2.jpg
    homessmantijuana2.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 188
Smr, wow... Great post! Wasn't this from unidentified homeless man in Mexico?

Now, i really want to find this guy and do a DNA test!!!

Brainy, check for tattoo first.

attachment.php

Yeah, I know, right?

Are there any sleeveless pics of the guy?

Addition: i just did some research. No more pics available of the homeless man. The author of the article said they would try to get more pics in but nothing new has emerged thus far.

ETA: I see its already been answered.

Also, great food for thought, Satch. I've looked at that video over and over again and have a hard time seeing what your describing. But I'll look again when I have a chance.

WOW! The homeless man really looks close to Brian in resemblance! Wouldn't it be something if it was him? Have to check for tattoo though.

Satch

Let's speculate for a minute...

Let's say the guy from Mexico is Brian. How on Earth could Brian end up homeless in Mexico and why? I know from the report that the guy calls himself John, but that doesn't necessarily mean that his name is in fact John.

Ok, let's assume Brian willingly disappeared from the bar that night for unknown reasons, moved away from Columbus. Where did he get all the resources to survive? Did he become homeless shortly after or it happened later?

If he didn't disappear on his own... could it be possible that he was beaten, left somewhere to die and then had woken up and had no memory of who he was so he ended up in Mexico somehow?

This is just food for thought & certainly doesn't reflect what I personally think about this case. Just trying to open new window of possibilities here.

I wonder where and how the homeless "John" got his haircut?

Maybe someone should contact http://www.findbrianshaffer.com
which could forward the pictures of "John" to Brian's brother Derek?

Smr, I just emailed the author, Jerrie Dean. She is the woman who wrote the article about missing unidentified men in Mexico. She is also involved in missing persons investigation and is a retired law enforcement officer. I emailed her to ask if she knew more about the man, and the possibility if he could be Brian Shaffer. I also told her about Brian's tattoo.

** couldn't see a place in the website where we can send out info. The only contact available is crimestoppers hotline telephone number.

ETA: I see its already been answered.

Also, great food for thought, Satch. I've looked at that video over and over again and have a hard time seeing what your describing. But I'll look again when I have a chance.

I thought I saw two security people barely in the video, but did not see the details that the FB poster is describing.

Satch

Smr, I just emailed the author, Jerrie Dean. She is the woman who wrote the article about missing unidentified men in Mexico. She is also involved in missing persons investigation and is a retired law enforcement officer. I emailed her to ask if she knew more about the man, and the possibility if he could be Brian Shaffer. I also told her about Brian's tattoo.

** couldn't see a place in the website where we can send out info. The only contact available is crimestoppers hotline telephone number.

How was this homeless man's picture found? I mean how do investigates go about looking to match up UID people with other missing persons?

Satch

How was this homeless man's picture found? I mean how do investigates go about looking to match up UID people with other missing persons?

It seems Miranda found it by chance--thanks to her observation and keeping Brian in mind:

I realize that it's highly unlikely, just wondering if anyone else sees a possible resemblance between "John" and Brian? As soon as I saw this, it reminded me of the photos of Brian with a beard.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2016/12/05/missing-men-mexico-do-you-recognize-them/

I wonder where and how the homeless "John" got his haircut?

Maybe someone should contact http://www.findbrianshaffer.com
which could forward the pictures of "John" to Brian's brother Derek?

Where is the report that the guy calls himself "John?" Based on the description, and the distance involved, I don't think it is Brian. But I think it should be submitted for analysis. and examination for a tattoo.

Satch

From the article:

[FONT=&quot]UPDATE 12/24/16 &#8211; We have a new man on this post that appears to be American lost in Mexico. He was seen in Tijuana.&#8220;We have been seeing this American man who is no older than 25 he is in rough shape he needs to go back to America he needs help. Today his eyes were both purple and blue. He is going to end up dead on the streets here if he doesn&#8217;t go home.I asked him his name he replied his name was John.Here is the best photo we could get of him.&#8221;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]UPDATE 1/17/17 &#8211; Below is another man who is homeless in Mexico. This is the same man that was seen sitting in front of the bar in Tijuana (picture below with the pink wall.) After receiving this photo below, he has been ruled out as being missing John Terry, by his family.

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member