OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing to consider... How come someone from that night haven't come forward with more info about the band? It could be helpful to know who they were and some details about their background. I do find it odd that their identity hasn't been disclosed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was Pearl Jam!

The lead singer is talking about Brian:

[video=vimeo;11564675]https://vimeo.com/11564675[/video]

ANyone know offhand how Clint and Merideths stories have changed??

It was Pearl Jam!

Pearl Jam wasn't the band at the Ugly Tuna that night, that video you're showing I believe is from the concert Brian was planning to attend, and his father went in his place. :(

humm

as I am playing around am wondering more if he just split?

Go back and forth between nefarious and just left

Chicken out on proposing?

this struck me

then moving off-camera in the direction of the bar, apparently to re-enter.

I just realized that the camera does not show the door / I suppose we could say he would have come down the escalator-- I just always thought the camera actually showed the door to the bar

video

it has been reported as the camera actually saw him go in an entrance just saying - that is not accurate ---one pans and one manually -- appears he could have just left while the camera was panned another direction

The cameras might also have missed him—one pannedacross the area constantly, and the other was operated manually.

that is huge imo

This also says there are several exits with no cameras -- maybe he went out one of the girls outside for sex but did not want anyone he was with to know??

the notion that there were several unmonitored exits - could really just be he left one of them . Clint covering for him wanting sex one more time (drunk fatigued - if he was gonna propose that would hypothetically be the last time sex with someone else?

We are assuming the elevator camera was working but never confirmed

reports heavy drinking

Fell after leaving ??

Mother just passed could not concentrate did poorly on end of term testing really bummed ?? speculating

Clint knew the two woman

He did not smoke -- why go outside?

Were the two girls outside already>

First night of spring break I would assume bar was packed --maybe he actually did take escalator down all it would take is a tall guy or girl behind him blocking him from camera?

It certainly is not good video.

Looks like a reasonable size bar -- being forced to wait for a tiny escalator -- at closing time I would think there was a backup and crowd someone could easily not be seen.

At some level it seems as if the report that the cop matched every single human being leaving a packed bar, on the first night of spring break might stretch credibility

The bar is in a mall

The supposed bing was half a year later?? It was 14 miles away from bar--but if running from your life why would only end up 14 miles away after 9 months

Under lots of pressure med school , proposal, loss of mom? Stress wanna flee?

The message to fiance can be like a goodbye "your an amazing woman" could that be something one would want someone else to know / remember for ever?
before going away??

Dad did clearly state that son was exhausted - exhausted, stressed drinking heavily could be prey on the street if he left

really drunk - apt close would make sense that a sudden choice to just wanna walk home and crash- something bad happened during that ?

All lawyers always tell clts just not to talk with LE -- maybe Clint had the sense ( he talked in the beginning) that cops were startomg tp think he was POI and talked to lawyer

Wildly telling IMO:

[FONT=&amp]Looking back, she finds it odd that a few days before that night in the bar, Brian told her to move on and find someone else, because he was struggling with his mom’s death. And that a couple of weeks before that, he asked her to [/FONT]“just go away”[FONT=&amp] with him.

[/FONT]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brian_Shaffer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJUwu5rfoE

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-years-later-brian-shaffer-still-missing.html

oh brother past edit time but had been
babbling and pondering other things

I cant remember what I added as I was thinking !
So some of this is last post- some not

humm

as I am playing around am wondering more if he just split?

Go back and forth between nefarious and just left

Chicken out on proposing?

this struck me

then moving off-camera in the direction of the bar, apparently to re-enter.

I just realized that the camera does not show the door / I suppose we could say he would have come down the escalator-- I just always thought the camera actually showed the door to the bar

video

it has been reported as the camera actually saw him go in an entrance just saying - that is not accurate ---one pans and one manually -- appears he could have just left while the camera was panned another direction

It has never been stated he was actually on camera going back in the bar ? It is an assumption.

The cameras might also have missed him—one pannedacross the area constantly, and the other was operated manually.

that is huge imo

This also says there are severalexits with no cameras -- maybe he went out one of the girls outside for sex but did not want anyone he was with to know??

the notion that there were several unmonitored exits - could really just be he left one of them . Clint covering for him wanting sex one more time (drunk fatigued - if he was gonna propose that would hypothetically be the last time sex with someone else?

We are assuming the elevator camera was working but never confirmed

reports heavy drinking

Fell after leaving ??

Mother just passed could not concentrate did poorly on end of term testing really bummed ?? speculating

Clint knew the two woman

He did not smoke -- why go outside?

Were the two girls outside already>

First night of spring break I would assume bar was packed --maybe he actually did take escalator down all it would take is a tall guy or girl behind him blocking him from camera?

It certainly is not good video.

Looks like a reasonable size bar -- being forced to wait for a tiny escalator -- at closing time I would think there was a backup and crowd someone could easily not be seen.

At some level it seems as if the report that the cop matched every single human being leaving a packed bar, on the first night of spring break might stretch credibility

That would require sitting down for hours and hours and hours and writing down every single person that went in ( document clothes and all that) and then record all people leaving for hours and hours. It is a dance bar- he had two shirts on . When you dance you get hot -- especially if your drinking . Taking off the first shirt would make sense . Anyone know what the temp was that night? Was it odd that he would be wearing two shirts -- that hit me when i first heard that. Bar hopping going in and out of bars how cold is someone gonna get? The notion that others may not have done the same thing might bring some doubt back regarding the LE claiming that they matched up every single human being entering and leaving a packed bar where the only main exit requires smushing up waiting for a tiny escalator down -- it would be really simple to miss someone - and also makes one question LE claim that they did this and every single person matched.

It becomes more ludicrous in light of the fact that a camera pans and another one is manual - what employer on a super busy night is going to pay someone to monitor a camera nonstop? That too does not sound likely. So we end up with a panning a camera and one we have no idea where it was aiming - and assume it would remain static all evening.

The bar is in a mall

The supposed bing was half a year later?? It was 14 miles away from bar--but if running from your life why would only end up 14 miles away after 9 months

Under lots of pressure med school , proposal, loss of mom? Stress wanna flee?

The message to fiance can be like a goodbye "your an amazing woman" could that be something one would want someone else to know / remember for ever?
before going away??

Dad did clearly state that son was exhausted - exhausted, stressed drinking heavily could be prey on the street if he left

really drunk - apt close would make sense that a sudden choice to just wanna walk home and crash- something bad happened during that ?

All lawyers always tell clts just not to talk with LE -- maybe Clint had the sense ( he talked in the beginning) that cops were startomg tp think he was POI and talked to lawyer

Wildly telling IMO:

[FONT=&quot]Looking back, she finds it odd that a few days before that night in the bar, Brian told her to move on and find someone else, because he was struggling with his mom’s death. And that a couple of weeks before that, he asked her to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“just go away”[/FONT][FONT=&quot] with him.

[/FONT]
At one point Brian talked about having a hard time deciding between going to med school and joining a band -- like Jimmy Buffet .

Right after testing -- decided he really did not want to do this - wanted something less stressful. He would know going to his father and future wife and telling him he decided he really wanted to be an unemployed band member instead of a doctor??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brian_Shaffer

[video=youtube;YDJUwu5rfoE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDJUwu5rfoE[/video]

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-years-later-brian-shaffer-still-missing.html

More ramblings.........

If this is not a person clearly thinking about just wanting to get away from everything I am not sure what is !!

In this instance wanting to just go away has huge implications - in terms of someone heading to be a doctor --just thinking like that IMo is pretty indicative of someone who is really conflicted about wanting to continue after all the time and energy getting to where he was.

Thats pretty significant IMO

This also sounds as feelings of hopelessness -- embedded in this is at the time feeling as if he could never get out of the grief he was experiencing as a result of his mother passing. A lot of folks grieving feel as if the feelings of loss will never stop .

It also might have feelings of failing her since his mother passed and feelings of guilt about that. Saying just go on with your
life without me is a pretty strong notion considering it is believed that he was going to propose shortly.

Was dad white collar? Can you imagine ones notions about really wanting to quit med school after his father just lost his wife ?

Some heavy burdens here for a young man. Loss , confusion, exhaustion, drinking about to make the biggest decision of a dudes life --- that's some stuff.

The fact that the girlfriend stated he said this only a few days prior to vanishing brings more insight into his state of mind. I would think this would translate to him making statements like this would have occurred right during finals for the quarter - which might make some sense for someone who has some doubts about wanting to do this for several more years.

Is somewhat congruent with phone call to her could be perceived as saying goodbye.

If we look at her timeline below it indicates a relatively long time of feeling overwhelmed . One profound statement a couple of days before but also a potent statement several weeks earlier -- that might indicate being in quite a state for some period of time.

The fact that two profound statements were made over a several week period imo indicates some real wanting out - ruminating over it -- trying subtly to alert her in some fashion about some of things he was ruminating about

Conflicted about being in a band (Buffet) that only sings about drinking relaxing and having no stress is certainly a world apart from being a doctor !

Pure speculation but this is the first time I ever heard of the below and the statement blew me away.

One more time!

Looking back, she finds it odd that a few days before that night in the bar, Brian told her to move on and find someone else, because he was struggling with his mom’s death. And that a couple of weeks before that, he asked her to “just go away” with him.

If this is not a person clearly thinking about just wanting to get away from everything I am not sure what is !!

In this instance wanting to just go away has huge implications - in terms of someone even pondering after heading to be a doctor --just thinking like that IMo is pretty indicative of someone who is really conflicted about wanting to continue after all the time and energy getting to where he was.

This also sounds as feelings of hopelessness -- embed in this is at the time feeling as if he could never get out of the grief he was experiencing as a result of his mother passing.

It also might have feelings of failing her since his mother passed and feelings of

guilt about that. Saying just go on with your
life without me is a pretty strong notion considering it is believed that he was going to propose shortly.

Was dad white collar? Can you imagine ones notions about really wanting to quit med school after his father just lost his wife ?

Some heavy burdens here for a young man. Loss , confusion, exhaustion, drinking about to make the biggest decision of a dudes life thats some stuff.

The fact that the girlfriend stated he said this only a few days prior to vanishing brings more insight into his state of mind. I would think this would translate to him making statements like this would have occurred right during finals for the quarter - which might make some sense for someone who has some doubts about wanting to do this for several more years makes it imo more
striking.

Is somewhat congruent with phone call to her could be perceived as saying goodbye.

If we look at her timeline below it indicates a relatily long time of feeling overwhelmed . One profound statement a couple of days before but also a potent statement several weeks earlier -- that might indicate being in quite a state for some period of time.

The fact that two profound statements were made over a several week period imo indicates some real wanting out - ruminating over it -- trying subtly to alert her in some fashion about some of things he was ruminating about

Pure speculation but this is the first time I ever heard of the below and blew me away.

Looking back, she finds it odd that a few days before that night in the bar, Brian told her to move on and find someone else, because he was struggling with his mom’s death. And that a couple of weeks before that, he asked her to “just go away” with him.

It was Pearl Jam!

No, he had a Pearl Jam tattoo, that's all.

More ramblings.........

In this instance wanting to just go away has huge implications - in terms of someone heading to be a doctor --just thinking like that IMo is pretty indicative of someone who is really conflicted about wanting to continue after all the time and energy getting to where he was.

This also sounds as feelings of hopelessness -- embedded in this is at the time feeling as if he could never get out of the grief he was experiencing as a result of his mother passing. A lot of folks grieving feel as if the feelings of loss will never stop .

It also might have feelings of failing her since his mother passed and feelings of guilt about that. Saying just go on with your

Some heavy burdens here for a young man. Loss , confusion, exhaustion, drinking about to make the biggest decision of a dudes life --- that's some stuff.

The fact that the girlfriend stated he said this only a few days prior to vanishing brings more insight into his state of mind. I would think this would translate to him making statements like this would have occurred right during finals for the quarter - which might make some sense for someone who has some doubts about wanting to do this for several more years.

If we look at her timeline below it indicates a relatively long time of feeling overwhelmed . One profound statement a couple of days before but also a potent statement several weeks earlier -- that might indicate being in quite a state for some period of time.

Conflicted about being in a band (Buffet) that only sings about drinking relaxing and having no stress is certainly a world apart from being a doctor !

Pure speculation but this is the first time I ever heard of the below and the statement blew me away.

One more time!

I know, it was as though he had been leading up to this night for some time.

First, he asked Alexis to "go away" with him. He was wanting to be free even then, but think about it. She was in med school too, and I would bet there's no way she would have gone along with giving up on her dream of being a doctor just to run away with him, IMO.

Then later his statement to Alexis to "move on and find someone else". I have always thought that was huge too.

And then his statement about really wanting to be in a band like Buffet.

And the phone call to her seemed like it could have been a goodbye phone call, but he was trying to let her down easy, as easy as he knew how anyway. As you say, a lot of pressure, feeling overwhelmed... med school, knowing everyone thought he was going to propose when maybe he wasn't really ready for that, knowing that's what Alexis wanted and not wanting to disappoint her, etc.

Then losing his mother, how devastating for him. Maybe she had been his rock, and then she was gone, he felt like he was lost and didn't know what he wanted anymore. On the other hand, he no longer had to be concerned with letting his mother down. Still, in the end there was too much pressure, maybe he felt trapped. Had he always deep in his heart of hearts wanted to just feel free, maybe he never felt he had the freedom to do exactly what he wanted. Maybe he finally spread his wings and flew.

I would give anything if that is what happened, and he's alive and happy somewhere. Or could he have had a mental breakdown? Whatever the case I so hope that he didn't resort to taking his own life.

I know that Brian had told his Father that he had planned to propose but that his Father didn't think that he'd purchased a ring yet-this seems off to me. I wonder if Brian had discussed this proposal with his Mother before her passing? If so it seems as though she may offer some family jewellery considering the fact that Brian had no Sisters. Just thinking...

Had Brian packed for his trip? My Husband packs about 15 minutes before we leave for the airport but I realize that not all men do. IIRC they were leaving early the next morning yet I can't recall ever hearing about a suitcase.

Seems awfully strange to me. A planned trip and a proposal with no luggage and no engagement ring.

He never left the building.

No CCTV footage of Brian leaving the club or in the immediate area, not even one unconfirmed sighting, nothing. He was intoxciated, he left through a side-exit, he wandered into a hazardous construction site and had an accident. And I know people will come out with the usual chestnuts that "the construction site was searched" but the police aren't always as thorough as you think they are. Police searched an attic four times looking for Tia Sharp before they found her remains, FOUR times. And that's an attic, not a construction site. I'm 99% sure that's where Brian ended up.

Well I did get a response from the Doe Network, they have added Brian to their database. Although when I searched for him there I got an error. Then when i looked at the email, it was only 33 minutes ago. So maybe the database hasn't been updated? Idk. Anyway, just thought I'd let everyone know.

This is their reply:

Hello,

Your submission has been added to the Doe Network website.

Sincerely,

Alicia Perkins
Missing Persons Website Team
Doe Network - www.doenetwork.org

Given that he disappeared over a weekend, how soon would the construction have resumed? I notice sometimes with construction projects you'll see them there working for like a full week and then one weekend they pack up and don't return to carry on for like another 2 weeks or something but they leave all the heavy equipment there. It would be interesting to know if the construction work started straight back up on the following Monday or if there was a gap before they came back to the site.

Also, in a few of these disappearances there have been construction projects ongoing near or in the same place to where the person disappears. I have always wondered if the police inform the construction people to stop for a while so they can do a thorough investigation of the area. Of course it all depends on when the person was reported missing but surely if the police are aware that the guy could have gone into the construction they tell them to postpone the work while they look into it? Finding a person who disappeared would be more important than construction deadlines.

No CCTV footage of Brian leaving the club or in the immediate area, not even one unconfirmed sighting, nothing. He was intoxciated, he left through a side-exit, he wandered into a hazardous construction site and had an accident. And I know people will come out with the usual chestnuts that "the construction site was searched" but the police aren't always as thorough as you think they are. Police searched an attic four times looking for Tia Sharp before they found her remains, FOUR times. And that's an attic, not a construction site. I'm 99% sure that's where Brian ended up.

Do you think that Clint knows this and that is why he is so evasive, and never helped look for Brian?

Satch

I still really want to know about that picture of the homeless man in Mexico. I know it has been 10 years and Brian probably aged more than that, but it really does look like him. The man looks to have a tall slender build, dark hair, the beard matches up very closely. Only problem is it's very hard to keep up with homeless people. You have no idea where they are going or if they are alive still.

I still really want to know about that picture of the homeless man in Mexico. I know it has been 10 years and Brian probably aged more than that, but it really does look like him. The man looks to have a tall slender build, dark hair, the beard matches up very closely. Only problem is it's very hard to keep up with homeless people. You have no idea where they are going or if they are alive still.

The lady who lives in that part of Mexico has shared some details about the man, which makes me believe that he isn't Brian. At this point, it is even unclear if he speaks only English. He hasn't been seen in a while. He is known to move around pretty frequently too.

Also, as much as the homeless man resembles Brian, he resembles the Brian that we "knew". More likely, a person who has disappeared for many years would not look like the way he was when he disappeared, and probably would have different beard/mustache, hair, etc, either to disguise himself or just due to the change of the person and conditions he's in. If he disappeared willingly, he'd not want to be easily recognized.

This is the most likely outcome. What we need to learn for sure are exactly where one got into the construction area and if there was a freight elevator down to the area. That is not confirmed and would go a long way. For what it is worth police say the dogs became more interested in the construction area but did not actually fully hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme